Should I become a nurse for the money and job stability ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Flower996 in Florida

31 months ago

Im in high school and I have to start looking at careers and majors. I like helping people better themselves in a way, but I want to have a job where I can be able to pay my bills, not be filthy rich but pay the bills of a single person.
I don't like science, and I'm horrible at it, and I can't stand being in the hospital, and when I see things such as ring worms, sores, gashes, and etc I feel queasy. My parents and other adults told me to become a nurse, because then I can make a lot of money, and never be out of a job, but honestly I don't like it. I've looked at the curriculum for most nursing schools, and I hated it, but people keep telling me that I'll regret not becoming a nurse.
I've looked in special education BS/MS programs that take 5 years, but I don't know. I want to help people, but nursing just isn't my thing, or am i being wrong and stupid, and will later regret not becoming a nurse.
Do you regret becoming a nurse. Would you like to pursue a different career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stepcmpb in Rahway, New Jersey

28 months ago

Honestly, I'm a nurse and I think you will hate it. Don't do it because someone else says you should do it. Do it because you really can't see yourself doing anything else. Trust me, there are plenty of other ways to help people and make really good money. The market has changed and working in the hospital on the floor can be rough. Most of the nurses that I know are miserable. I can count on less than my five fingers how many nurses are truly happy. Find out what you really like to do and go for it. Don't do something because it pays well. You will have money in your pocket and go home feeling miserable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Emkhey in Philippines

28 months ago

Don't let others choose for your future. You must choose what you really wants, and not just because of money or some other factors. Choose where you think you can excel and be happy, it is the one that will lead you to success and contentment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

vi in Winter Park, Florida

28 months ago

You truly have to have the vocation for it, and it doesn't sound like you do, so I'd advise you not to. You may however want to look into other jobs in the healthcare field such as billing or records management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tame in Cleveland, Georgia

27 months ago

Flower996 in Florida said: Im in high school and I have to start looking at careers and majors. I like helping people better themselves in a way, but I want to have a job where I can be able to pay my bills, not be filthy rich but pay the bills of a single person.
I don't like science, and I'm horrible at it, and I can't stand being in the hospital , and when I see things such as ring worms, sores, gashes, and etc I feel queasy. My parents and other adults told me to become a nurse, because then I can make a lot of money, and never be out of a job, but honestly I don't like it. I've looked at the curriculum for most nursing schools, and I hated it, but people keep telling me that I'll regret not becoming a nurse.
I've looked in special education BS/MS programs that take 5 years, but I don't know. I want to help people, but nursing just isn't my thing, or am i being wrong and stupid, and will later regret not becoming a nurse.
Do you regret becoming a nurse. Would you like to pursue a different career.

I wouldn't recommend nursing to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.