Should I do nursing for the money and job stability?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Flower996 in Florida

34 months ago

I don't mean to sound unprofessional or ignorant, but I'm in high school and have to start looking for careers and majors. I'd like to try out special education, because I like teaching kids with disabilities in school, though I'm not to sure on it.
People keep telling me to do nursing for the money and job stability, but I can't stand the Hospital. I'm not into science, nor am I good at it. I have to struggle in high school biology, and chemistry.
What careers consist of helping people, but not psychology. I like doing stuff. I'm not really an academic person. I like to put my hands to use, sometimes sit down and write, but mostly put my hands to use.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Katemcavoy3 in Jersey City, New Jersey

34 months ago

Nursing would be good but you have to be dedicated to it and accept the lack of social life during school, you don't have to work in a hospital. Another area you might like is social work or specailizing in a disability like austism. Try out different interships and observe alot of people. some people know what they want to be right awy others like myself take a few years to figure it out, just make sure you enjoy what you do.

Kate McAvoy RN

BreeLove in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

DONT GET INTO NURSING JUST FOR THE MONEY

Inland Empire student in Upland, California

18 months ago

Be a cop, you help people, it hands on and there is some paperwork.

jennypenny in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

If you want to help people, you may consider a therapy side of things, occupational thereapy perhaps. I'm not sure of the course of study for that, but it may be something to look into. Whatever you do don't get into nursing for the money.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.