need a sponsorship in CAlifornia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (44)

Cynthia in Los Angeles, California

73 months ago

I am under the impression that Lancaster Community Hospital in Lancaster, California (60 miles north of Los Angeles) assists foreign nurses. I work with many nurses their that came from other countries through this hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

happyness2215 in Philippines

50 months ago

kristine in Staten Island, New York said: hi im a foreign nurse, i passed my nclex and ielts im currently looking for hospital/agency that can sponsor me. im here via tourist visa.

hi, found your quote which was posted 22months ago and would like to ask you what happened to your quest for a sponsor? because I am in an exact situation right now. thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pnp12345 in Potomac, Maryland

50 months ago

happyness2215 in Philippines said: hi, found your quote which was posted 22months ago and would like to ask you what happened to your quest for a sponsor? because I am in an exact situation right now. thanks!

hi... I am in the same situation too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

belle in Bethesda, Maryland

50 months ago

Pnp12345 in Potomac, Maryland said: hi... I am in the same situation too.

hi...did u already found an employer? i think we're in the same shoes. im here in bethesda md right now. can you pls get in touch with? my email bellerayu@yahoo.com looking forward to talk to you..thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ivorytruckee in Truckee, California

49 months ago

im looking for someone to sponsor me to take the nclex exam because im experiencing financial difficulties right now. i have good credentials and wish somebody can help me.. im a filipino nurse with masters degree and really wish to take nclex and move on with my life here in the US. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pnp12345 in Potomac, Maryland

49 months ago

ivorytruckee in Truckee, California said: im looking for someone to sponsor me to take the nclex exam because im experiencing financial difficulties right now. i have good credentials and wish somebody can help me.. im a filipino nurse with masters degree and really wish to take nclex and move on with my life here in the US. thanks

Hi ivory.. I think your goin to have problems looking for someone who can sponsor u or help u with ur nclex... Esp right now, its recession and no foreign nurses are hired because of retrogression. Am a filipino nurse too..

@ ms belle- i dobt usually check the forum every now and then.. But it would be great if u could add me thru ym... Nwei i already send u an email..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

julia jung in Torrance, California

49 months ago

Hello, my name is julia who is NEW GRAD RN from El Camino College, Torrance, CA.
Currently, I'm on OPT and it will be expired mid of FEB, 2011. I'm actively looking for RN job and hopefully i can find any facility which sponsors me. I'm willing to relocate any other city or state.
If the facility requires me to work beyond OPT, I willing to find way such as CPT through BSN program. I’m a bilingual in Korean and English.

While I am attending nursing school, I had a clinical rotation about 900 hours at different setting of hospital. 80% of clinical rotation was in Med-surg unit on acute care. With medical-surgical patients I will enjoy my work. I was on dean’s list for good clinical activity in med-surg unit and my clinical instructors evaluated me as an asset to the clinical group and have a wonderful bedside manner. On my last preceptorship I was in telemetry at kiser Permanente. During that time I was working with my Preceptor and I had 4 patients in 12 hours shifts and successfully managed and learned lost of skills such as dressing change, blood transfusion, EKG leading, delegation, prioritize patients, and etc.

I believe that my practical work experience such as the ICU and ER, taking ventilator patients and those with numerous drips and educational background prepared me for making an immense contribution to your hospital. I am well aware with the communication and professionalism skills required to stay for long time in this field.

I hope I can find any sponsor or feel free to caontact me if anyone is interested in my position.

Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

happyness2215 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

49 months ago

Pnp12345 in Potomac, Maryland said: Hi ivory.. I think your goin to have problems looking for someone who can sponsor u or help u with ur nclex... Esp right now, its recession and no foreign nurses are hired because of retrogression. Am a filipino nurse too..

@ ms belle- i dobt usually check the forum every now and then.. But it would be great if u could add me thru ym... Nwei i already send u an email..

hello pnp12345, are you in the US now? do you know a way to find an employer, legally? thanks!
-happyness2215

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ivorytruckee in Truckee, California

49 months ago

im here in the US right now and an immigrant. i just wish to ask if someone can sponsor me for my nclex as i miised it last year because i have marital issues and my ex deprive me to take the exam. im having hard time now and am just asking for someone who can help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JT in Vancouver, British Columbia

49 months ago

I am working in Canada right now under temporary work permit. I am not a resident, I was in the US before and was working as a nurse in California and MS I passed the Nclex and have experience, I need a sponsor before they kick me out of Canada due to inadmissability (medical condition)

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rose in Irving, Texas

49 months ago

Hello! I am from Philippines and i have RN license in California and I am trying to find some hospitals who will sponsor for an H-1 visa. I hope somebody can help... Thanks alot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Julie Monta in Staten Island, New York

48 months ago

kristine in Staten Island, New York said: hi im a foreign nurse, i passed my nclex and ielts im currently looking for hospital/agency that can sponsor me. im here via tourist visa.

Hi! Can I ask? What happen to your situation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rose in Cebu, Philippines

48 months ago

Cynthia in Los Angeles, California said: I am under the impression that Lancaster Community Hospital in Lancaster, California (60 miles north of Los Angeles) assists foreign nurses. I work with many nurses their that came from other countries through this hospital.

Hello Cynthia! I read your post and I found it interesting... I am a foreign nurse and I have a California license. Can you give me some infos about how to apply/ how the Lancaster Community Hospital will assist foreign nurses? I am currently in the Philippines right now. Your reply is very much appreciated. THanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenny miller in Minneapolis, Minnesota

48 months ago

until now is retrogression so no visa available for nurses...thats why i already tried canada & I qualified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jocelyn in Montebello, California

48 months ago

Hi Julia,

Where did you do your OPT?

Thanks!

julia jung in Torrance, California said: Hello, my name is julia who is NEW GRAD RN from El Camino College, Torrance, CA.
Currently, I'm on OPT and it will be expired mid of FEB, 2011. I'm actively looking for RN job and hopefully i can find any facility which sponsors me. I'm willing to relocate any other city or state.
If the facility requires me to work beyond OPT, I willing to find way such as CPT through BSN program. I’m a bilingual in Korean and English.

While I am attending nursing school, I had a clinical rotation about 900 hours at different setting of hospital. 80% of clinical rotation was in Med-surg unit on acute care. With medical-surgical patients I will enjoy my work. I was on dean’s list for good clinical activity in med-surg unit and my clinical instructors evaluated me as an asset to the clinical group and have a wonderful bedside manner. On my last preceptorship I was in telemetry at kiser Permanente. During that time I was working with my Preceptor and I had 4 patients in 12 hours shifts and successfully managed and learned lost of skills such as dressing change, blood transfusion, EKG leading, delegation, prioritize patients, and etc.

I believe that my practical work experience such as the ICU and ER, taking ventilator patients and those with numerous drips and educational background prepared me for making an immense contribution to your hospital. I am well aware with the communication and professionalism skills required to stay for long time in this field.

I hope I can find any sponsor or feel free to caontact me if anyone is interested in my position.

Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hailey28 in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

Hi I looking for a job that will train in my nursing career I just went to California to try my luck but nothing happens it's so hard to find a job there as well as here in Hawaii..I'm a Rn with no previous experience looking forward to find a job here in Hawaii that gives training or in California..it's so hard to find a job!!!! I'm so frustrated!;( please I need your advice..I'm taking nclex-pn too soon...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bsn93 in Bellflower, California

46 months ago

Hailey28 in Los Angeles, California said: Hi I looking for a job that will train in my nursing career I just went to California to try my luck but nothing happens it's so hard to find a job there as well as here in Hawaii..I'm a Rn with no previous experience looking forward to find a job here in Hawaii that gives training or in California..it's so hard to find a job!!!! I'm so frustrated!;( please I need your advice..I'm taking nclex-pn too soon...

wer in the same situation,its hard to find job right now,i have hospital experience in the philippines bt it was 10 years ago,,,me too im looking for agency whose willing to train me..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hailey28 in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

U got experience right for 10 years u are qualified already to find a job.most employers they are looking for nurses with experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Fremont, California

46 months ago

Hailey28 in Los Angeles, California said: Hi I looking for a job that will train in my nursing career I just went to California to try my luck but nothing happens it's so hard to find a job there as well as here in Hawaii..I'm a Rn with no previous experience looking forward to find a job here in Hawaii that gives training or in California..it's so hard to find a job!!!! I'm so frustrated!;( please I need your advice..I'm taking nclex-pn too soon...

Hi you can look at the local jobs sites for rn jobs like the one below. Hope you will find some thing pretty quick. Goodluck.

www.RNJobsCA.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bsn93 in Bellflower, California

46 months ago

i mean it was 10 years ago, hospitals they dnt recognized my experience anymore,they want a recent one.thats why im having a hard time applying all i received are rejection letter..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Houston, Texas

45 months ago

ana in Fairfield, California said: I passed the nclex and have visa screen and Im here with tourist visa. Im currently in northern california and looking for a sponsor.

Please e-mail your resume to lisa.rodriguez@linkhospitalandhealthcare.com if you are still looking for RN or Physiotherapy work in the US.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Houston, Texas

45 months ago

Please e-mail your resume to lisa.rodriguez@linkhospitalandhealthcare.com if you are still looking for RN or Physiotherapy work in the US.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

macs2015 in Brooklyn, New York

41 months ago

I am a Registered Nurse newly licensed in NY and without experience even here in NY no hospital is hiring let alone sponsoring. I'm a guy and i speak 3 of the most predominant languages here (chinese, spanish, english) and still it is almost impossible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

aloha cornel in Manila, Philippines

41 months ago

I am Aloha Cornel from Philippines, Freshly nursing graduate, with no previous experience looking forward to find a job in California USA. I am looking for someone who'll sponsor to take me to the NCLEX exam because im experiencing financial difficulties right now. I'm a filipino nurse who knows how to speak english. Hope someone can help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake Taroma, RN in Makati, Philippines

41 months ago

hi! i am a graduate of BSN 4 years curriculum Here in the Philippines, I am a Filipino Citizen and a Registered Nurse here in the Philippines looking for a sponsorship to work and find a job in California..Thank you and may god bless you more powers to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lady12 in Newark, California

38 months ago

Hi! I am a newly licensed nurse and a permanent resident of CA. Presently looking for a job but I only have 4 months in total of experiences in different areas such as NICU,ICU and Med-Surg. Hospitals and other facilities are requiring 1 year minimum of experience. Is there anyone who can help me? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RN in West Bridgewater, Massachusetts

38 months ago

Hospital are not sponsoring foreign nurses, retrogression is a five year plus wait. There is no nursing shortage in the USA. Plan to have a long career in your home country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lady12 in Newark, California

38 months ago

Hello! Thanks for the info. I actually not asking for sponsorship and I am already living here in CA as a permanent resident. I'm eager to practice my profession so I am asking for some informations on how to get a job that fits my qualification. As a nurse I am willing to learn and to be trained. Hope that someone there could understand me and send me a reply. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CCUer in Alexandria, Virginia

37 months ago

ivorytruckee in Truckee, California said: im here in the US right now and an immigrant. i just wish to ask if someone can sponsor me for my nclex as i miised it last year because i have marital issues and my ex deprive me to take the exam. im having hard time now and am just asking for someone who can help me.

I am 11 months late to reply, but anyway - since you are now in the US, look for a job as a clinical technician or nurse assistant. Usually, one of the hospitals' benefits to its employers is educational assistance. You get a job and have the chance to be familiar with US hospital settings, you get a salary, they pay for your NCLEX fee, and you might get hired once you pass the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CCUer in Alexandria, Virginia

37 months ago

Lady12 in Newark, California said: Hi! I am a newly licensed nurse and a permanent resident of CA. Presently looking for a job but I only have 4 months in total of experiences in different areas such as NICU,ICU and Med-Surg. Hospitals and other facilities are requiring 1 year minimum of experience. Is there anyone who can help me? Thanks!

Look for a hospital where they offer such thing as "fellowship". Usually, this is a contract offered to new RNs with the agreement of a 2-year employment with the hospital. It is not widely practised now with the economy, but there are still some hospitals (especially the learning hospitals) who offer this new nurses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CCUer in Alexandria, Virginia

37 months ago

Jake Taroma, RN in Makati, Philippines said: hi! i am a graduate of BSN 4 years curriculum Here in the Philippines, I am a Filipino Citizen and a Registered Nurse here in the Philippines looking for a sponsorship to work and find a job in California..Thank you and may god bless you more powers to you.

Take the CGFNS, study for NCLEX and IELTS/TOEFL. Meanwhile, find a job and gain experience. If US remains to be tight in hiring foreign nurses, there are other countries that are open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CCUer in Alexandria, Virginia

37 months ago

Jake Taroma, RN in Makati, Philippines said: hi! i am a graduate of BSN 4 years curriculum Here in the Philippines, I am a Filipino Citizen and a Registered Nurse here in the Philippines looking for a sponsorship to work and find a job in California..Thank you and may god bless you more powers to you.

Take your CGFNS, study for NCLEX and IELTS/TOEFL. Meanwhile, find a job (in your country) and gain experience. If US remains to be tight in hiring foreign nurses, there are other countries like Singapore. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ronald in Lorton, Virginia

34 months ago

ana in Fairfield, California said: I passed the nclex and have visa screen and Im here with tourist visa. Im currently in northern california and looking for a sponsor.

hi! are you a male or a female?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ronald in Lorton, Virginia

34 months ago

ana in Fairfield, California said: I passed the nclex and have visa screen and Im here with tourist visa. Im currently in northern california and looking for a sponsor.

hi! we can get married and then divorce later?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kat in Los Angeles, California

33 months ago

I'm here with my tourist visa. I'm looking for an employer who can sponsor me so that i can work here in California. I'm a registered nurse in my country. Thank you and Godbless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RONDEL1963 in Lorton, Virginia

33 months ago

We can get married and then divorced e mail me at rondel1963@verizon.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mniklas in Thousand Oaks, California

30 months ago

kat in Los Angeles, California said: I'm here with my tourist visa. I'm looking for an employer who can sponsor me so that i can work here in California. I'm a registered nurse in my country. Thank you and Godbless.

e-mail me at mniklas2011@gmail.com . I might help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mniklas in Thousand Oaks, California

30 months ago

kat in Los Angeles, California said: I'm here with my tourist visa. I'm looking for an employer who can sponsor me so that i can work here in California. I'm a registered nurse in my country. Thank you and Godbless.

e-mail me at mniklas2011@gmail.com .I might help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kc07621 in Bergenfield, New Jersey

30 months ago

I am currently in the United States on a B2 visa and currently seeking for an employer who can sponsor me here. I have passed NCLEX- RN, EILTS and has Visa Screen already. I have a pending application for licensure in California, I couldn't get my license since I don't have SS no and is not permitted to work here.

I am licensed in my country. I have more than a year experience in the OR/ Delivery Room Department. I had a couple of months training in the NICU in the Philippines.

Can anyone help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lorna111 in South Bend, Indiana

29 months ago

ana in Fairfield, California said: I passed the nclex and have visa screen and Im here with tourist visa. Im currently in northern california and looking for a sponsor.

what is the sponsor mean????i want to know it is an employer sponsor or person sponsor??????thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dskpolitud in ParaƱaque, Philippines

26 months ago

Hi my name is Dianne. I'm a registered nurse in the Philippines. I plan to take IELTS and CGFNS. I'm looking for a sponsor who could help me work in Los Angeles. I've tried working here in the Philippines, brought my resume to different hospitals but they're all full. I'm always in the waiting line. I was hoping for an opportunity in the US or if not in other countries such as Canada, Australia or UK if it's possible. I really need help. What should I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dskp in Taguig, Philippines

26 months ago

hoapres in San Mateo, California said: Please stay in the Philippines as we have enough unemployed Americans and don't need your services.

If you only have read my post completely, you would have seen that US is not my only option. There's no need to act rude and immature. Our country is full too. And you don't have the authority to tell me what to do. If I can't get accepted in your country, then I won't. I know the right opportunity will come and I don't have to attack other people because that won't help me to get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tesfa in Sacramento, California

25 months ago

Hi My name Tesfa. i am nurse graduated with Distinction and 7+ years experience, i came to USA by tourist visa. is there any means to get sponsor to work in here. i hope i pass the exams easily

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

james in Severn, Maryland

24 months ago

lorna111 in South Bend, Indiana said: what is the sponsor mean????i want to know it is an employer sponsor or person sponsor??????thanks.

its employer sponsor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.