should i be an RN?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Candy in Dallas, Texas

29 months ago

I am going to be a dental assistant and since tehre is a 3 month program at this university then while working as a RDA i like to go for nursing and take some classes here and there but is it right for me if i'm not that smart. I have a LD struggled in highschool been a few yrs since i was in highschool. i got about a 2.5 gpa and i'm afraid of failing. is it right for me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BreeLove in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

I know how you feel. Unsure about being a RN. I was unsure, but decided I don't think it's for me. My advice to you is.. I would say if you are going into the dental field maybe you should look into a career as a Dental Hygienist, they make pretty good money and the hours are good of course. I think a 3 month Dental Assistant program is great! Most are 8 months long. Congrats and good luck! But if you definitely want to go into nursing I would take a CNA, Medical Assistant or LPN Course, it will help you as you transition into a RN. I'm a CNA now myself. My class was 8 weeks. I'm looking into X Ray Technologist or Occupational Therapist Assistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.