HELP SELF DEFENCE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

LINDA in Morganton, North Carolina

72 months ago

MY BOYFRIEND HIT ME AND I HIT HIM BACK IN SELF DEFENCE WE CALL THE COP .ECT/ECT. NOW I HAVE A BABY ABOUT 16 MONTHS. I WAS GOING TO SCHOOL FOR CNA BUT WAS DROP FROM THE PROGRAM BECAUSE OF A RECORD. A SIMPLe ASSAULT.RECORD.PLEASE I NEED HELP ON HOW TO GET BACK INTO THE CNA FEILD WITHOUT MOVING OUT OF MORGANTON N.C. please any body WITH output will do. need to get mySEL together for MY CHILD AND I. THANK YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Easy Rider0137 in Greeneville, Tennessee

72 months ago

First off, was it dismissed in court and now just an arrest record? If so, check with NC state judiciary to see if you can get it expunged, which means you can legally reply NO to stupid "did you ever do anything bad in your life" questions on applications, etc.

If it stood as a conviction, still check and see if you can get it expunged. If you cannot, just be honest on your application and explain what happened. You have a right to defend yourself.

I'd lose the boyfriend though.

Good luck.

LINDA in Morganton, North Carolina

72 months ago

HI THANKS FOR REPLYING BACK. NO IT WAS NOT DISMISS.I COULDN'T GET IT EXSPUNGE. THE PROBLEM IS I'VE BEEN ENROLLED IN CNA CLASS AFTER 2 MONTHS THEY SAID I COULDN'T CONT. BECAUSE OF MY RECORD. IF ANY SUGESSION PLEASE GET BACK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Ottumwa, Iowa

71 months ago

LINDA in Morganton, North Carolina said: MY BOYFRIEND HIT ME AND I HIT HIM BACK IN SELF DEFENCE WE CALL THE COP .ECT/ECT. NOW I HAVE A BABY ABOUT 16 MONTHS. I WAS GOING TO SCHOOL FOR CNA BUT WAS DROP FROM THE PROGRAM BECAUSE OF A RECORD. A SIMPLe ASSAULT.RECORD.PLEASE I NEED HELP ON HOW TO GET BACK INTO THE CNA FEILD WITHOUT MOVING OUT OF MORGANTON N.C. please any body WITH output will do. need to get mySEL together for MY CHILD AND I. THANK YOU.

i had a similiar incident, i had to write a letter to the state dept. petitioning it, stated my reasons for what happened, and why i wanted it dropped. REmember dont act like you have no fault, even if you dont. You need to seem sorry and that you've learned from this. explain that you really want to be in the med. field. I sure hope this works for you

Rachel in Palmyra, Maine

67 months ago

I just found out today I can't work for a certain company because of my assault record. The thing is mine was seven years ago. I feel your pain

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.