Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What are typical nursing assistant salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

monique

93 months ago

it all depends on what state you work in. newyork pays very well, my daughter, is a cna in newyork, she started out making 14.50 per hour, after 6mos, her salary went to 15.25. she has co-workers at her same nursing home who has been there longer than she has that are making 16.00 per hour. i became a cna in the state of delaware, the nursing homesa to where i applied only paid around 9-9.50 per hour, although i heard of some paying 10 or 11, but the work in those nursing homes were extremly hard. i decided when i was working as a cna in delaware to apply to a home health agency, where i was making more money,and was taking care of one person. i was making 11.00per as a hha. now i currently live in pennslyvania, and the cna salary is worst than delaware, they pay as low as 7.00per, the most i heard was 10.00per, again i am going to apply at a home health care agency, and work as a hha, where i can making more money, and have only one patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

monique

93 months ago

there really aren't any skills to obtain to increase your salary, other than becoming a lpn or rn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Fairview, West Virginia

85 months ago

Host said: What are typical nursing assistant salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

i think i learned all the skills i need to know as as cna/homehealthaide the pay can be better we work our butts off and only made 7.75 an hr and i been a cna for 11 yrs. we work harder and to more than the nurses i know u cnas would AGREE WITH THAt......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ana in Fairview, West Virginia

85 months ago

I think us as Cnas should get more credit and more pay cause we all work hard and deserve more pay and better benifits. we cant live on that kind of salary or take care of our family.
I ve been a cna for bout 10 yrs and didnt get paid much at all. Ive worked overtime and didnt get paid overtime. i worked holidays weekends. So because of that i decided school was a better option and i knew i would find a better paying job than a cna.

all i can say u all that are cnas go to school. u get paid better and u will be able to support ur families.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

annetta davis in Chesapeake, Virginia

64 months ago

i live in va and there pay sucks really bad.i cant make it here.please help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DIANA in Peoria, Illinois

64 months ago

annetta davis in Chesapeake, Virginia said: i live in va and there pay sucks really bad.i cant make it here.please help me.

I AM SORRY BUT IT IS HARD RIGHT NOW I LOST MY 10.35HR JOB AT MORTON VILLIA .DAUGHTER WAS IN ICU TO MANY DAYS TAKEN OFF.I STILL NEED A JOB .OK IN PEORIA THE WAGE IS FROM 9.00 AND CAN GO UP TO 13.00 AN HOUR.RENT IS NOT BAD HERE I HAVE A 3BR FULL BASEMENT TWO BATHROOMS NICE YARD FOR ONLY 550.00 A MONTH.BUT MY GAS BILL WAS 750.00 A MONTH. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.