VENT n ENCOURAGE.....CNA's, LPN's, Pysch Tech, Medical Techs, etc

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Bev in Memphis, Tennessee

40 months ago

I think it would be great if the health care workers could not only vent their frustrations but get needed advice, tips and encouragement. In this day and time, it is so easy to be pushed to the edge. People snap every day in this world, sometimes if only someone had caught them in time to deliver a few words of encouragement, then just maybe this could be avoided. What's your opinion?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Venting Time:

I have a few ex-coworkers who yet calls me periodically to update me on how things are going CNA tele-support system but mainly when they are in need for something. I'll try to be brief. But it's seems very strange people will give you advice they won't take themselves. I can recall, being told by this individual many years ago, to "stop job-hopping and learn how to deal with un-favorable situations". You know, I'll never forget those constructive words mentally, upsetting my thinking process". However, I let those words soak and the more I thought about it, the more sense it made
to me. She had a point...I'm not at liberty to state names but she was right. The Ms. "X" that was causing a "world" of havoc...would appear on the next job as well...(The Ms. "X" would be everywhere on every job, only sporting a different appearance and body. Evidently, these scenarios or types of problems are always apt to exist on basically any job. As she stated it proves more profitable to just learn how to efficiently deal with problems,take a few deep breaths, and walk away the steam(which may take a bit of skill). I do thank her because to this day, those very words have caused me to experience long-jevity on my last few jobs.

Getting back to my buddy, she ups and leaves a very good job because of a "general" dispute it appears (corrections- maybe not so general to her). However, she left and felt justifiable in doing so. It's not necceassary for me to mention why she left one of the best jobs she's ever landed due to an individual that will probabally eventually be dismissed anyway. I am just a bit dissapointed with this coming for her, she tried so hard to land that particular job, leaving those dreaded nursing homes we used to work and "poof" let it vanish due over what...foolishness. I do wish I was able to support her and save her from making an unwise decision as she saved my job once, due to her wonderful words of wisdom. I had to vent, I feel better.

40 months ago

One more thing to vent and I'm done for the day.

LPN's in some cities/states are loosing grips in the better jobs. RN's are having to do all the work due to their limited abilities in these institutions and I would imagine it saves the institutions mega- bucks. Gees, I've even heard of RN's at some institutions doing "total care nursing" whoa! I feel so sorry for those guys because some,are my buddies and now they are having to scram back to the "sweat-halls"...Yes, the nursing homes and such. I've heard many of my LPN buddies say before they go back to those "sweat halls" (nsg. homes) they would change their profession or continue on to become RN's,even consider other options. LPN's are being faced out from the better or might I say more professional institutions. For years this has being coming and anticipated but now it's more pravelent than ever.

40 months ago

"RN's are having to do all the work due to their limited abilities in these institutions"

CORRECTIONS: "RN's are having to do MOST of the work due to their.........."
I retract the word "ALL" to MOST...Sorry.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.