AIT Program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 137)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Ashley in Grand Rapids, Michigan

68 months ago

I am graduating with my Masters in Health Administration in April of 2009. I have interned with 2 nursing home facilities and would like to start my career in long term care when I graduate. I believe that AIT programs are a good way to start, however, I would need a paid position. Are there any AIT programs in the Chicago area or in West Michigan?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (123) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Dionne Hunter in Detroit, Michigan

67 months ago

sam122362 in Shelby Township, Michigan said: Ashley look into the Heartland HCR manorcare. sam122362@yahoo.com

I just put in for a position for the AIT program at HCR manorcare and they sent me a response saying that they appreciate my interest but they are going to continue their search. I have a bachelors in gerontology from Madonna U and I am in my grad program for Hospice. I have been in the gerontology field for over 17 years, so I am wondering what are the qualification that they are looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No Reply - Report abuse

sam d'angelo in Utica, Michigan

67 months ago

Dionne Hunter in Detroit, Michigan said: I just put in for a position for the AIT program at HCR manorcare and they sent me a response saying that they appreciate my interest but they are going to continue their search. I have a bachelors in gerontology from Madonna U and I am in my grad program for Hospice. I have been in the gerontology field for over 17 years, so I am wondering what are the qualification that they are looking for.
Hi Dioone do you have your license at this point? They usually require you to have a license prior to selecting an AIT person. I will sit for the test in 2 weeks. I see many postings for AIT but none seem to hire unless a license is already acquired. chat with you soon thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

scott in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

hello everyone I currently work for HCR-Manorcare as a social worker. and they normally tend to promote from with in. Only the bigger buildings have assitant adminisrators 150+. but sam is correct you do need to currently have your licsence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

deb in Huntington Beach, California

66 months ago

I worked for many years in the insurance industry and would like to switch to Nursing home Administration. Where do I go to get started? Help! Thank you.

deb

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole Sowers in Elgin, Illinois

65 months ago

I just graduated from college with a degree in sociology and a minor in Health Services management I wanted to know if anyone knew of any AIT programs in Illinois, or what would be the next step that would get me on the career path to becoming a nursing home administrator.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Clayton in Plainfield, Illinois

64 months ago

Ashley in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: I am graduating with my Masters in Health Administration in April of 2009. I have interned with 2 nursing home facilities and would like to start my career in long term care when I graduate. I believe that AIT programs are a good way to start, however, I would need a paid position. Are there any AIT programs in the Chicago area or in West Michigan?

With a Masters degreee look into working at a hospital and work your way into the executive ranks. Better pay, benefits, and increase job security. You can even work for the State you live in. Search what other jobs you can do with your Masters in Senior Services. Many jobs are out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dionne Hunter in Detroit, Michigan

64 months ago

Hi Asley, I live in the metro Detroit area and I could not find an AIT program. What I did was called a nursing home Administrator and ask her if she could train me under her. Unfortunately I am not getting paid, it is like an internship. However, you may want to call the different nursing homes in that area and they may be able to assist you with finding a paid program. Hope that helps

Charmaine Bowes-Finegan in Miami, Florida

64 months ago

Hi Asley, I live in Miami, Florida and is also contacting local Administrators to do my AIT program, but without successs. I have a MSM / Healthcare services and over twenty years of nursing administration. At this point I am willing to be trained without pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mohan in Miami, Florida

62 months ago

Charmaine Bowes-Finegan in Miami, Florida said: Hi Asley, I live in Miami, Florida and is also contacting local Administrators to do my AIT program, but without successs. I have a MSM / Healthcare services and over twenty years of nursing administration. At this point I am willing to be trained without pay.

Hello Charmaine,
I live in North Miami and I have been looking for and AIT program. I graduated in Feb 2008 with my masters in Healthcare Administration and have been working as assistant administrator in and Assisted Living Facility since Mar 2007. Recently I started to contact nursing homes but without success of finding an AIT program paid or unpaid anywhere in Florida. I would even consider moving. One would think in Florida with all it's nursing homes it would be easy to find such a program. Good luck in your search. I hope we do find a program soon.
Mohan Ramnarine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charmaine Bowes-Finegan in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

62 months ago

Hi Mohan, I have gotten an Assistant Administrator's position, it is my understanding that after a year with this experience I will be able to sit for the boards.Discuss this with your former administrator, good luck and keep me informed.
Charmaine

Mohan

62 months ago

Charmaine,
Thank you for the response. I am happy to hear that you have found a position as Assistant Administrator. Are you in Florida or New Jersey. Initially I thought the email read that you are in Miami. However today I see Cherry Hill NJ. I am asking because you said that after one year as AA you could write the boards. As far as I know in Florida one need to have the AIT program, a 2 year training program.
If you are in Florida maybe the rules have changed and I am not aware of it.
again many thanks for the response and advice.
randy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Charmaine Bowes-Finegan in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

62 months ago

Hi Randy,
I am in Florida, it is my understanding that after (1 year AA )experience on the job this would make me eligible to take the exams.
Charmaine

Robenson Junior in Deltona, Florida

62 months ago

I am recently graduated with a BA in Business Adminstration concentrated in health services management . I am looking for a nursing home to give the AIT training with or without pay . I can 't find one. I will continue knoked hopefully, I will find one will take me.

Mohan

62 months ago

Robenson,
I want to wish you the best of luck. As you have realized these positions are difficult to come by paid or unpaid. We just have to keep on searching.
mohan

Alycia in Davenport, Florida

61 months ago

Mohan in Miami, Florida said: Hello Charmaine,
I live in North Miami and I have been looking for and AIT program. I graduated in Feb 2008 with my masters in Healthcare Administration and have been working as assistant administrator in and Assisted Living Facility since Mar 2007. Recently I started to contact nursing homes but without success of finding an AIT program paid or unpaid anywhere in Florida. I would even consider moving. One would think in Florida with all it's nursing homes it would be easy to find such a program. Good luck in your search. I hope we do find a program soon.
Mohan Ramnarine

Hi, My name is Alycia. I found one facility that has an internship. You can try and see if this helps.
MIAMI VETERANS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
1201 N.W.16th St. Miami FL 33125 Hospital System
Stephen M. Lucas stephen.lucas@va.gov

Mohan

61 months ago

Alycia,

Thank you sharing that information. I will definitley contact Mr. Lucas. The address you mentioned is about 20 mins from my home. I will keep you informed of any progress.

Mohan

srq alice in Sarasota, Florida

61 months ago

I am trying to figure out how one becomes a Nursing Home Administrator. What is the process? Do you need a degree in certain field(s)? plus training ? From the boards it appears that you need to do an AIT -which I assume is admin in training - then take some grueling exams and then are ready for a position? Thanks in advance for spelling it out for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Presley in Northville, Michigan

61 months ago

No comment for now

Mohan

61 months ago

Hi,
For information on becoming a nursing home administrator in FL go on the internet and seek out the board of nursing home administrators or training for nursing home administrators, this should give you links to the requirements for a nursing home admin in FL. I must add that the Administrator in Training Program is required. I am sure you will read of many who are searching for one of these programs (including myself). It appears that these programs are very few and very competitive so be care in approaching this field as a career. Best of Luck.
Mohan

Darren in Tualatin, Oregon

61 months ago

I am seeking an AIT program in the Portland-Metro (OREGON) area. I have a bachelors in business and I am working on my Masters in Healthcare Administration. Does anyone know of any opportunities in the portland-Salem area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joyce Molina in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

61 months ago

For the people interested to obtain their license in FLA, on this website, you will find all the state requirements for the AIT program and the NHA license as well as a list of preceptors. Good luck!!!

Joyce Molina in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

61 months ago

Joyce Molina in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: For the people interested to obtain their license in FLA, on this website, you will find all the state requirements for the AIT program and the NHA license as well as a list of preceptors. Good luck!!!

www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/nurshome/nha_applications.html

Mohan

61 months ago

Joyce,
Thank you for sharing this web site with us. I live in North Miami and will definitely be checking out the Broward facilities, in addition to others in Florida. Many thanks.
Mohan

MsRobinson in Memphis, Tennessee

60 months ago

I am looking for a AIT Program in the Tenneesse area but is having a hard time finding a preceptor. I am currently pursing my PhD in Health Care Administration with an online university so this will not have an affect on my work hours. I am grateful for any information that is forwarded to me.

Thanks.

Nadege in Miami, Florida

60 months ago

Charmaine Bowes-Finegan in Miami, Florida said: Hi Asley, I live in Miami, Florida and is also contacting local Administrators to do my AIT program, but without successs. I have a MSM / Healthcare services and over twenty years of nursing administration. At this point I am willing to be trained without pay.

Hi Ashley,

I'm in Ft Lauderdale.. email me anadege44@yahoo.com. So we can chat about it...

Nadege in Miami, Florida

60 months ago

I have a bachelor in Health Information Management... I'm working as a project coordination which as nothing to do with my degree since I couldn't find any job in the medical records. Now, I'm lost I don't know what to do .. I have the option to go back to school get a master degree which at the end I will owe the school big money, change career be a physical therapy assistant (earn an AS) or to try to get my license in NHA or RHIA.. HELP.. PLEASE ADVISE

Peter Matvichuk in Arvada, Colorado

59 months ago

I am graduating with my Masters in Health Administration from Regis University in July of 2010. I currently have a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Denver. I would like to have an internship or to get into an Administrator in Training (AIT) programa. I intend to write the Nursing Home Administrator's license after graduation.

Could I get some direction on who I should contact?

aron77 in Lees Summit, Missouri

59 months ago

I have a BSBA in accounting but with the current job market and the unhappiness with my current job, I have decided to pursue a job that has both intrinsic and extrensic rewards; a nursing home administator. I worked as a cook/pm supervisor in a home for seven years and I enjoyed it so I think this would be a good fit for me. I just sent off my application to the state of Missouri to qualify to sit for the exams and I am looking for good study material for both the state and federal exams. And I would like to find an AIT position in the Kansas City metro. Any guildance would be greatly appreciated.

smn0423 in Long Beach, Mississippi

59 months ago

I'm a recent graduate with a Bachelor's Degree of Health Admin. I'm looking for an AIT program in New Orleans, Mobile, or anywhere in Florida. I know its a broad geographical range, but I'm planning on moving wherever I can find an opening. The catch is, I'm looking for a paid program. I've learned that some of the bigger companies pay you, then set you up with a job as a nursing home admin assistant. I'm having a hard time finding which companies these are. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Juliano in Ocala, Florida

59 months ago

For those of you in the NYC area, I just found this AIT program and thought that some of you might want to take a look at it. Good luck and click on the following link:

hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-JGXV82LKA1T;_ylc=X3oDMTEwdm5xZXYwBF9TAzM5NjUxMDMzNQRjYXQDSEVBBHBjb2RlAzUwNTg0?source=partner&scode=50584

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin Harris in Macclenny, Florida

58 months ago

Dear NHA seekers you need a minimum of a Bachelors degree and a university sponsored or State Board AIT program before you can sit for the National exam and the State exam(if required in the State you are seeking licensure). You need to check with the licensing Board in the State in which you want to get a license to make sure you fullfill all of the Board requirements (FL and CA are some of the most rigorous states for licensing).

There are very few paid AIT position in the LTC field.

Eric Williams in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

58 months ago

I recently graduated from Strayer University with a Masters in Health Services Administration and i am looking for an AIT program in Maryland/Virginia.I do not mind if its paid or unpaid as long as i can sit for the license exams after the training. Does anyone konw about any such programs going on?.

future ait in Indianapolis, Indiana

58 months ago

Hello, my name is Rita. I am pursuing a certificate in Health Care Administration (I already have an MBA) and I am looking for an AIT program. Would anyone have any tips on suggested questions I might ask in the facility interview?

Thanks.

Amy

57 months ago

Rita,

You may want to contact the Good Samaritan Society, headquarted in Sioux Falls, South Dakota...I am doing my AIT with them, and they are a wonderful organization. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy Coleman in Collingswood, New Jersey

57 months ago

Does anyone have a copy of the latest Townsend text (I believe the title is "Principles of Healthcare Administration"), that they are looking to sell? Thanks

mrslight in Fishers, Indiana

57 months ago

Thank you.

rlight in Fishers, Indiana

57 months ago

Thank you

mrslight in Fishers, Indiana

57 months ago

Thank You

spvichare in Maple Shade, New Jersey

57 months ago

Hi,

I have Masters in Hospital Administration degree with 3 yrs of experience in same and Bachelors degree in Physiotherapy ( Physical Therapy ) from India.I have recently shifted to NJ on H4 visa. Pls guide me as to how to start looking for job and for what posts also are these AIT programs of help ? Are there any similar programs??

Pls Help.

Tara Faith in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

I recently graduated from Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA with my MBA in healthcare administration. I am looking for a AIT program anywhere on the east side of the United States. Can anyone provide any information? Thanks!

Pbo in Lakeland, Florida

52 months ago

Is the AIT program only provided through a preceptor? & Do you take the exam before or after AIT?? You can email me at pbrown2801@aol.com

LCTfl in Orlando, Florida

52 months ago

I am looking for an internship in Orlando, FL in a skilled nursing facility so that I can gain some experience before looking for a AIT program after I graduate this summer. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have emailed a few places so far but I have had no response.

Erin in Lake Mary, Florida

52 months ago

Robenson Junior in Deltona, Florida said: I am recently graduated with a BA in Business Adminstration concentrated in health services management . I am looking for a nursing home to give the AIT training with or without pay . I can 't find one. I will continue knoked hopefully, I will find one will take me.

I'm the Assistant Administrator of a 222 Skilled Nursing Facility in the Orlando area. I have also been faced some of the same common road blocks that many of you are currently trying to overcome. If you send me your resume, I may have the opportunity that would allow you to gain the experience and exposure that you will need to pursue a career as a Nursing Home Administrator. My email is eringrassing@yahoo.com

Erin in Lake Mary, Florida

52 months ago

LCTfl in Orlando, Florida said: I am looking for an internship in Orlando, FL in a skilled nursing facility so that I can gain some experience before looking for a AIT program after I graduate this summer. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have emailed a few places so far but I have had no response.

If you send me your resume, I may have the opportunity that would allow you to gain the experience and exposure that you will need to pursue a career as a Nursing Home Administrator. My email is eringrassing@yahoo.com

educated in alexandria va in Hyattsville, Maryland

51 months ago

are tghere any AIT programs in the washington dc arae that i might apply to, paid or unpaid

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bharti in Portland, Oregon

50 months ago

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for an AIT Program or administrative/departmental position in North New Jersey, NY, PA, FL, CT, MA in a Nursing Home or Assisted Living home. Those are just some preferences but I am open to anywhere I am able to learn and grow. I have a Bachelors in Health Management and Policy and have done a 3 month long Internship in a nursing home through my university. I have experience working as an caregiver and med aide. I also have my certificate to be an Administrator in an Assisted Living Facility or a Residential Care Facility but don't have experience working as an Administrator. Expereince that is not Healthcare related is managing small businesses. If there is anyone who knows of a facility or are an administrator of a facility please respond to this message.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

andrew young in Fort Wayne, Indiana

49 months ago

check out the facebook page for ait programs, it is dedicated to helping people share info and tips on ait's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Julia in Miami, Florida

49 months ago

Hello Everyone,

Iam looking for a AIT paying position in Miami,FL. I have a BS in Health Services Administration and eighteen plus years in Business Development. If there is anyone who knows of a facility or are an administrator of a facility please respond to this message......Please help!!!

Thanks

renata bland in Hemet, California

48 months ago

Hello Eveyone,

I am an Certified Nursing Assistant and I am looking for a AIT paid position as well. I have just graduated from University of Phoenix with my Bachelors of Science in Health Care Administration. I have also enrolled into the Masters program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.