AIT Programs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 167)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Suzanna in Hollywood, Florida

93 months ago

Jeff Kam in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I looking to see how i can get involved in an Administrator in Training program. I really would like to become a nursing home administrator in PA.
Any help is greatly appreciated

I would like to know if there is such program in Florida.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Erin Blakely in Lady Lake, Florida

93 months ago

Suzanna in Hollywood, Florida said: I would like to know if there is such program in Florida.

Hi Suzanna,

Yes, there are AIT programs available in Florida. What type of information are you looking for? Most of the details can be found on the Florida Department of Health website: www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/nurshome/

Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Erin Blakely
www.nursinghometalk.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Martin in Mishawaka, Indiana

93 months ago

i want to become nursing home administrator in INDIANA. What should i do? i have BA degree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Suzanna in Hollywood, Florida said: Hi Erin,
thank you for your help with this. I have looked at the website and have fund some important information.I see there are some nursing homes that have preceptors, but I am not sure if they are offering the AIT program. Do you know, how I can get that information? Should I just contact some of those facilities?
I have recently graduated from FAU with a degree in Health Care Administration. I am very much interested in AIT program. I would like to work in a long-term care settings.

Hi Suzanna,

Here is a list of preceptors in Florida that are able to take on a Administrator-In-Training: www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/nurshome/lst_preceptor.pdf

I would contact a few of these preceptors and hopefully, one of them will take you on. Don't forget your AIT program must be approved through the board. Good luck!

Best wishes,

Erin Blakely
www.nursinghometalk.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Martin in Mishawaka, Indiana

93 months ago

thanks alot. I will call them and see what they have

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Suzanna in Hollywood, Florida

93 months ago

thank you Erin , I am very positive about it and I do hope I can get into this program.
Like your website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Suzanna in Hollywood, Florida said: thank you Erin , I am very positive about it and I do hope I can get into this program.
Like your website.

Thanks, Suzanna. Email me anytime if I can help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alfred in Los Altos, California

93 months ago

I am also looking for a preceptor for the AIT program..I have called most Nursing home facilities in California with no luck..Very frustrating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Long Beach, California

93 months ago

Does anyone know of any Administrator in Training (AIT) Programs in California? I have a B.S. in Health Care Administration and I am pursing my Masters. My concentration in is LTC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CC in Modesto, California

93 months ago

Jeff Kam in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I looking to see how i can get involved in an Administrator in Training program. I really would like to become a nursing home administrator in PA.

Did you try Myspace jobs. I found them extremely helpful in find A.I.T's around the U.S. Good luck with your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Cleveland Ohio in Cleveland, Ohio

92 months ago

I have just completed my BA in health Services Administrtion. I have 19 years of health management experience and more than 5 years of directorship experience for non-profit organizations which included services to the elderly. I have decided to continue my career as a Nursing Home Administrator and would like informatin as to obtaining state licensure, AIT placement and different perspectives relating to my goal. Please respond! Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa

92 months ago

Hi Erin,

I am considering a move to the Lady Lake area and am looking for an AIT or marketing/sales opportunity at a nursing home in the area. Would you be able to suggest a website I could go to to find any openings or suggest any networking opportunities? Thanks so much for your help. melwilnot@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Scarborough, Ontario

92 months ago

Hello. I am a recent graduate of Cornell University's Master in Health Administration program and interested in pursing an AIT program in the U.S. I am willing to locate anywhere in the U.S. Southwest or Southeast. I can be reached at fv29@cornell.edu. Thank you.

92 months ago

Melissa said: Hi Erin,

I am considering a move to the Lady Lake area and am looking for an AIT or marketing/sales opportunity at a nursing home in the area. Would you be able to suggest a website I could go to to find any openings or suggest any networking opportunities? Thanks so much for your help. melwilnot@aol.com

Hi Melissa,

Congratulations on your potential move to the Lady Lake area. Here is a list of preceptors that could take on an AIT: www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/nurshome/lst_preceptor.pdf

I would recommend that you attend a Florida Health Care Association meeting. This is a good place to network with other administrators in the area. These meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month from 11:30am-1:00pm at the Ocala Hilton. The information is listed on the FHCA website, www.fhca.org . Jobs are also posted there too.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Good luck to you!

Erin Blakely
www.nursinghometalk.com

Martin in South Bend, Indiana

92 months ago

Blu in Littleton, Colorado

92 months ago

I looking to see how I can get involved in an Administrator in Training program. I really would like to become a nursing home administrator in Colorado. I have my Masters degree in Gerontology, and I have been in the occupational therapy field for over 13 years, with a concentration in LTC. I am willing to relocate.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa

92 months ago

Hi Erin,

I will be in The Villages next week - March 8 to 13 - and I will be attending the Thursday March 12 meeting in Ocala. Would it be possible to visit your facility and meet with you prior to Thursday? Also, can you tell me what the dress code is for the monthly meeting? Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you.
Melissa

Adam Alexander in Capistrano Beach, California

92 months ago

Very passionate about a career opportunity as a Nursing Administrator. My search has noe become universal and I need to know what States are looking for AIT Training,I am willing to relocate. I do have a Bachelor's degree in Business Marketing, and just recently a MBA Degree from University of Phoenix.I have interviewed with several companies here locally in CA for AIT as well as Marketing Director.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Adam Alexander in Capistrano Beach, California

92 months ago

Me in Long Beach, California said: Does anyone know of any Administrator in Training (AIT) Programs in California? I have a B.S. in Health Care Administration and I am pursing my Masters. My concentration in is LTC.

THere are several companies I have already interviewed here in Orange County area. There is Generations Healthcare, NAHCI, Sunrise, SUnBridge, Ensign Group, etc. Check them out as I have I know none of them right now are hiring for AIT since their pool of AIT are full.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Erin Blakely in Hernando, Florida

92 months ago

Melissa said: Hi Erin,

I will be in The Villages next week - March 8 to 13 - and I will be attending the Thursday March 12 meeting in Ocala. Would it be possible to visit your facility and meet with you prior to Thursday? Also, can you tell me what the dress code is for the monthly meeting? Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you.
Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Glad to hear you will be able to make it to the FHCA meeting. It normally has a decent turn out. People normally dress Business/Business casual.

I currently work in Home Health. If you want to stop by our office, just email at erin@nursinghometalk.com, and we can set up a time. Look forward to meeting you.
Erin
www.nursinghometalk.com

Denise Ray in Spring, Texas

92 months ago

Does anyone know of any AIT programs in the Houston, Texas area? Also, if you sign on with a company in their AIT program does that mean they can send you anywhere? Any help would be appreciated. I have a BS in Health Care Administration and have been in sales for 15 years. I am getting a divorce and would like to return to LTC. I did two internships while in school in Kentucky.

Jill G. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

Hi Jeff, were you able to find any information about the AIT programs in Pittsburgh. I am going to be graduating from RMU's health services administration program in 2010 and only have some elective classes to take. I would like to get a jump on things and start looking into the AIT programs.
Thank you for any help,

Jill Gallagher
Gallajillim@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

melharris in Calera, Alabama

91 months ago

Hello. Does anyone know about any AIT programs in the state of Alabama? I have been searching everywhere and I can't seem to find nothing. I have an undergraduate degree from the University of Alabama in Healthcare Management. I also have a MBA from the University of North Alabama. I love working with elderly people. My current position as a Business Office Manager at a SNF makes me more eager to find this program and enter. However, I have been unsuccessful. I'm willing to move to GA and possibly FL. Please help.

danielalcorn in Cleveland, Ohio

91 months ago

Hello,
I am looking for an A.I.T. program in Ohio or Vermont. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can look?
Thanks!

91 months ago

Bruce in Cleveland Ohio in Cleveland, Ohio said: I have just completed my BA in health Services Administrtion. I have 19 years of health management experience and more than 5 years of directorship experience for non-profit organizations which included services to the elderly. I have decided to continue my career as a Nursing Home Administrator and would like informatin as to obtaining state licensure, AIT placement and different perspectives relating to my goal. Please respond! Thank you.

Bruce,
I am in the Cleveland are also. Did you find anything out? I am also looking for an AIT program in the area.
-Dan

Melissa

91 months ago

This is Melissa in Akron. Check out the Ohio Department of Health website and you can get some info on whom to contact regarding the AIT requirement as well as the Core of Knowledge course you have to take at Ohio State. Good luck!

Victoria E in Kalamazoo, Michigan

91 months ago

I'm looking for info on programs in Michigan. I've already contacted Heartland and the only opening they have currently is in PA. I'm not sure if it would be easier to just go to each nursing home directly and hand out my resume....

91 months ago

Melissa said: This is Melissa in Akron. Check out the Ohio Department of Health website and you can get some info on whom to contact regarding the AIT requirement as well as the Core of Knowledge course you have to take at Ohio State. Good luck!

Melissa,
Here is a link: www.ohiobenha.org/howtobecomeanadministrator.aspx
Thanks!

KaylainSC in Union, South Carolina

91 months ago

I am currently looking for an AIT program in the South Carolina/ North Carlina area I am willing to relocate for a paid position.

Peggy

90 months ago

I am looking for an AIT program in Tennessee/Alabama. I am willing to travel and relocate. I have been an LPN for over 25 years, and graduated with BA in HCA. Can anyone help. I recently got turned down from NHC, stating that they chose other canidates with better credintals and experience. This totally dumb founded me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

M. Harris in Gadsden, Alabama

90 months ago

Hey Peggy. What kind of questions did NHC ask you? Every company is different but do you remember those questions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Peggy

90 months ago

Hi there,
They never asked me any questions, they just asked for a resume and a letter explaining why you think you would be a good administrator. Thats it. They never asked for an interview, or even talked to me personnally. I just recieved in the mail Saturday, that they took me off their list for the AIT program because of creditonals and not enough experience. Believe me my mouth dropped. LPN for over 25 years, plus graduated with honors at a 4 year college, earning my Bachelors degree in HCA. I was totally dumb founded.
If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

DogsMom in Memphis, Tennessee

90 months ago

Hi Peggy. Sorry for your troubles. You say you have been an LPN for over 25 years, but does that include Nursing Homes? Also, have you had any supervisory positions (staffing coordinator, ADON, shift supervisor)? Perhaps they were looking for someone with more supervisory experience or nursing home experience (assuming you lack nursing home experience). Also, have you any experience in any other department of a nursing home? If so, that could be helpful on a resume for AIT.

Good luck in your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Peggy

90 months ago

Hello again
Yes I have over 15 to 20 years in Nursing homes or LTC. I have been a Wellness Director,starting the program for an Assisted Living and it becoming successful, I have been Shift Supervisor for a few facilities, charge nurse at most of the LTC I worked at. So yes, I think I have the experience. I started working in LTC when I was 16 years old (52 now) and that was in the Kitchen, since that time, before getting my LPN license, I worked in the office, Housekeeping and Laundry, then after I gotten my license, I worked the floor, Medical Charts, Case Management, HEDIS, etc... I think possibly, it is who you know, not what you know. I am not giving up, even though I feel it is very political. Thank you for your response.

Ruth in Winthrop, Maine

90 months ago

I am looking for AIT opportunities in Maine. I have a Masters in Business and several years management experience, including labor relations experience. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DogsMom in Memphis, Tennessee

90 months ago

Peggy said: Hello again
Yes I have over 15 to 20 years in Nursing homes or LTC. I have been a Wellness Director,starting the program for an Assisted Living and it becoming successful, I have been Shift Supervisor for a few facilities, charge nurse at most of the LTC I worked at. So yes, I think I have the experience. I started working in LTC when I was 16 years old (52 now) and that was in the Kitchen, since that time, before getting my LPN license, I worked in the office, Housekeeping and Laundry, then after I gotten my license, I worked the floor, Medical Charts, Case Management, HEDIS, etc... I think possibly, it is who you know, not what you know. I am not giving up, even though I feel it is very political. Thank you for your response.

Hi Peggy. It does sound like you have a good background and you have a degree. So I'm not sure why NHC turned you down. But I do know that NHC is a very large company and maybe they just couldn't train all applicants they received. NHC is also a good company so I hope that them turning you down doesn't make you think too poorly of them.

I'm glad you aren't giving up. Getting into a program is difficult but I think if you do have the skills and experience, it will eventually work out for you. Keep searching and working for it. Good luck.

Larry

89 months ago

Me in Long Beach, California said: Does anyone know of any Administrator in Training (AIT) Programs in California? I have a B.S. in Health Care Administration and I am pursing my Masters. My concentration in is LTC.

Have you had any luck in getting information on AIT.
YOu have the same degree and desire that I have. I am having no luck in finding anyone will to train.

Larry

89 months ago

Are you having any luck getting info on AIT programs.

I have the same education and desire, and also looking for training.
Can you help.

Adam Alexander in San Clemente, California

89 months ago

Larry said: Are you having any luck getting info on AIT programs.

I have the same education and desire, and also looking for training.
Can you help.

No Luck So far but still looking for all avenues to get into the AIT Program anywhere even out of State.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

llt in Brooklyn, New York

89 months ago

Hi,
I have a BS and MBA in health care administration and I would like to become a LTC administrator and I could use some guidance. Are there any AIT training programs in the New York City area?

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

njreid in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

89 months ago

Are there any AIT programs in Wisconsin?

sam in Rockledge, Florida

87 months ago

if i complete my Masters in Health care Administration, do i still have to go through the 1000 hrs of AIT or can i take the exams for license directly?

dradley in Westland, Michigan

87 months ago

I am currently in the Metro-Detroit area looking for an AIT. I have a BS in Health Administration. I worked for a nursing home for about a year as the Environmental Services manager with I attended college. Does anyone have a contact that I could speak to who could direct me in the right direction. I am just looking for for more information. I am looking to do some networking.

Melinda in Rowlett, Texas

87 months ago

Does anyone know of an AIT program in the Dallas, TX area that also pays a salary along with the position. I realize it's not much of a salary, but since I can't work while doing through the training I will need even a small income.

D.Harris in Owings Mills, Maryland

87 months ago

I need a job so bad! I would like to be a Nursing home admin. I have a B.S. degree in Health Care Management and HR experience. I believe having experience in these fields are good backgrounds to have to run a facility. Although, I do not have a nursing home background I will like to take advantage of this program. Please let me who is willing to accept me with these qualifications, I am willing to relocate. Thanks

Melinda in Rowlett, Texas

87 months ago

I know in Texas you must complete the 200 hours Nursing Home Administrator course and 1000 AIT program before being allowed to take the State and Federal exams.

I am also seeking a facility that has the 1000 AIT program. I am finding they are not as available as what we need. I also am needing one that pays a salary since I won't be able to work during this period, and that is even more difficult to find.

I wish you luck and would just advise to keep searching and surely you will find one.

pcassoday

87 months ago

Here in Tennessee, the State will not allow you to sit to take your test either until you have finished and AIT program. I graduated with Honors, have been and LPN for over 25 years, held supervisory positions, did financing and accounting for 2 other businesses when they both first opened,(which both are still very successful). I have good references, 1 which is from my Congressman, yet I am still unable to find a preceptor. I have applied to everything from lucrative LTC to undesirable. I have visited, called, attended conferences, made my face very available. Does anyone have any ideas?
I have found that it is not what you know, it is who you know. Which isn't fair, because those of us who have some experience, or who has been in the medical field most of their careers and then continue to increase their knowledge don't get chosen for the positions. I see many job postings for Administratior in many LTC facilities across the nation, yet they can't get them filled. So the jobs are out their, but nobody wants to train those who needs to finish their training, to take those positions.
I don't understand this, however I am not going to give up and I hope everyone else trying to get into and AIT program don't give up either.

dguessfeld in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

87 months ago

I am looking for a preceptor in Louisiana for the AIT program. I just purchased my application packet and now looking. Can anyone help?

michelled2005 in Armona, California

86 months ago

Hi I need some information about a AIT program in Wisconsin. I'm trying to find a Healthcare Administrator in Training program to get things started..I really would like to become a nursing home administrator in WI. I graduated from University Phoenix 2010, and would just love to get some information from others to help get ready so when I do graduate I can have somewhere to start looking and get some ideas.I live in California now, but I'm planning to move to Wisconsin and I hope there's programs there. Can anyone help me please? Thank- you so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Francis in Brooklyn, New York

85 months ago

llt in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi,
I have a BS and MBA in health care administration and I would like to become a LTC administrator and I could use some guidance. Are there any AIT training programs in the New York City area?

Thanks,

Hello Friend,
Did anyone reply to you? I am looking forward to the answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.