Considering applying for AIT

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Cam in Anniston, Alabama

88 months ago

What are thoughts about someone 55 yrs old applying for AIT. He has a undergrad degree in business and a masters from a seminary. Has worked in management and last several years in DHR as case manager. He is wanting to move more into the health care realm and is willing to get a masters in health administration, but needs to be working in the field to gain experience for when he graduates. He plans to work at least 10-11 more years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

donald in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

77 months ago

go for it. I am 52 and just finished doing my AIT. you are never to old to care for the elderly or be a good administrator. you have an advantage since you are bringing life experience to the table and a company doesnt have to train you to handle a pressure situation. if you have kids you already have done that.

Joe in Ellijay in Ellijay, Georgia

77 months ago

donald in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: go for it. I am 52 and just finished doing my AIT. you are never to old to care for the elderly or be a good administrator. you have an advantage since you are bringing life experience to the table and a company doesnt have to train you to handle a pressure situation. if you have kids you already have done that.

Donald, I am trying to get into an AIT in GA or Tenn. Any info for this 54 yr old? GA has just revised their req. and whereas a few months ago, you could have a masters in any field w/o an AIT, now you have to have an AIT and they prefer a business/health admin degree. Thanks in advance.
Oh P.S. do the AIT pay, and if so what scale?

Sue in Western Springs, Illinois

73 months ago

Life does not stop at 52. You will bring more maturity, wisdom and commmon sense at this age. Go for the AIT program.

Stm 101 in Orange County, California

71 months ago

After being administrator of eight facilities, ranging from 30-350 beds, I say spend two years and go to RN school. Doing all the work you have to do for an NHA license is insane. All that work to be nothing more than a pawn for the corporate bosses. You think you're running the facility, wrong. You think you're there to help people, wrong. The corporate bosses run the facility, the department of health runs the facility, the staff runs the facility, the nurses run the facility, all the administrator can do is run to keep up and take the heat when it all comes tumbling down.

When the s**t hits the fan, only then, suddenly, you're the guy in charge and you're the guy that gets fired and the corporate bosses just bring in the next one, while they shake their heads at what an incompetent boob you were....GO TO RN SCHOOL.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.