Employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

apalmer in East Liverpool, Ohio

63 months ago

I am finding it difficult to find a position as a LNHA. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to break into the job force?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DJ in Dayton, Ohio

62 months ago

I am having the same problem. I have a Masters degree in Gerontology and have been a LNHA since November of 2010. I have been searching and interviewing and have yet to get anything.

Fergy090 in Ironton, Ohio

62 months ago

DJ in Dayton, Ohio said: I am having the same problem. I have a Masters degree in Gerontology and have been a LNHA since November of 2010. I have been searching and interviewing and have yet to get anything.

Yeah me too, having the same problem. I ve had one interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ML in Marshfield, Wisconsin

49 months ago

I was hired straight out of college by a large nursing home company. I went through a 6 months AIT program, then was the interim administrator at a small nursing home. After a few months of proving myself there, I was hired on. It is really important to just find a large company interested in training you. If you are willing to move, you will have no trouble.

Marianne in Uriah, Alabama

49 months ago

ML in Marshfield, Wisconsin said: I was hired straight out of college by a large nursing home company. I went through a 6 months AIT program, then was the interim administrator at a small nursing home. After a few months of proving myself there, I was hired on. It is really important to just find a large company interested in training you. If you are willing to move, you will have no trouble.

Do you have the names of any large companies that are willing to do this ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LM in Marshfield, Wisconsin

43 months ago

Marianne in Uriah, Alabama said: Do you have the names of any large companies that are willing to do this ?

Kindred Healthcare, Extendicare, and Golden Living are all large organizations with AIT programs. My only caution would be that these are not always the best long-term, but you can get experience and move on. I have worked for 2 of the 3 and recently resigned because of the horrible culture. Fortunately, I had experience so I can find a new job. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.