Florida Licensed Administrator seeking a entry level position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

Freida in Riverview, Florida

74 months ago

I am a newly licensed administrator seeking a position. I apply to all postings in my area but I have not received any response. I have about 2 years experience including the completion of an AIT program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dorothy in Argyle, Texas

73 months ago

I have the same problem as you do - although I don't have as much experience. I am looking for a job in Texas and have been looking off and on for six years. I am caught in the "how do you get experience if you don't have any experience" quandries.
I wish you the best though. Have you thought about working as an assistant administrator or an admissions director??
Dorothy

misfree in Riverview, Florida

73 months ago

Since my last posting I did find an interim administrator position. This may be an option for you because the position is time limited but allows you to gain work experience as an administrator.

RAD in Middletown, New York

73 months ago

Anyone looking for a job should check out: jobsinltc.com or "interim healthcare placement". They are two sites I just reviewed. They have openings all around the country. Put in the key words: nursing home administrator. That worked instead of just administrator. They don't have any jobs in NY, which is what I am looking for, but it may help you all.
Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

NHA in Augusta, Georgia

73 months ago

Don't be afraid to travel or move. Try the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area. I have classmates there that say the area is prime for jobs. I have been licensed for two years and I'm from that area. I moved three years ago. I should have stayed :)
It is a great region to work in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Douglas in Prattville, Alabama

73 months ago

Freida in Riverview, Florida said: I am a newly licensed administrator seeking a position. I apply to all postings in my area but I have not received any response. I have about 2 years experience including the completion of an AIT program

I'm serving on a search committee looking for an administrator for a pediatric skilled nursing facility. We have 58 residents & 120 employees. We are licensed to care for children at birth until they reach the age of eighteen.
Our Center exists to serve the nursing, medical, physical and psychosocial needs of children (infants to 18 years of age) who because of severe developmental disabilities require ongoing residential care in a skilled nursing facility. Our goal is to afford each child an experience of the fullness and goodness of life to the limits of his/her ability. You may contact me by email if you are interested.

73 months ago

I have highly considered moving to South Florida. I like that area. At this time I have not found a company with an interest in my credentials in that immediate area. Currently I am working as an interim administrator open to a solid start up opportunity. Thanks for the feedback

73 months ago

I am open to discuss the opportunity with you.
You may forward me your contact information.

John Ajayi in Dracut, Massachusetts

72 months ago

I have the same problem as all entry level NHAs - I have seven months experience (AIT and Interim Administrator Assignment), I have Master Degree in Healthcare Management and also have strong computer skills. I obtained my license almost six months ago and have been looking for a job in Massachusetts I'm ready to travel or relocate. I can work as an Assistant Administrator, Interim Administrator or financial Analyst.
Good Luck everyone!

Cheryle in Tallahassee, Florida

71 months ago

Freida in Riverview, Florida said: I am a newly licensed administrator seeking a position. I apply to all postings in my area but I have not received any response. I have about 2 years experience including the completion of an AIT program

Frieda,

I am in you position as well. Just wanted to wish you luck.

Lemel Dorvilus in West Palm Beach, Florida

71 months ago

Freida in Riverview, Florida said: I am open to discuss the opportunity with you.
You may forward me your contact information.

lemel143@yahoo.com
Freida, I am looking for AIT program in South Florida. I can not find one yet.

Lemel Dorvilus

71 months ago

Have you tried HCR Manor Care or Brookedale Senior Living?

They have a 2 year AIT program.

GOOGLE some of the larger companies and type in Long term care AIT and see if you find something.

You may also want to look up Consulate Healthcare. That is where I completed my AIT.

Best Regards,

Freida

71 months ago

You may want to look up the Florida Healthcare Association at www.fhca.org and email the district president in your area. If you attend the monthly meetings and network you are sure to meet several administrators and someone may have an open AIT position or will know someone else that does.

Lemel Dorvilus in West Palm Beach, Florida

71 months ago

Awsome Freida.

I am going follow your advice.

Lemel

71 months ago

I hope that helps.
Consistency and dilliegenc
LTC is not an easy open door, networking is the key.

You will find a position soon.

NHA in Beech Island, South Carolina

70 months ago

Try www.seniorcaregroup.com

Senior Care Group is great!

Missfree in Riverview, Florida

70 months ago

Thanks,
I tried that website and could not get a connection.

JJ in Winter Haven, Florida

46 months ago

3 years looking for a job in Florida, no luck. Either you must have connections or you must have years of experience to get a job. New grads, or candidates with no experience, the opportunities are zero. It's a catch 22, how can you get a job with no experience, how can you get experience without a job. The NHA culture in Florida is a very close click, kind of like a mafia, if you don't know people in the right places, forget about it getting a job.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.