Getting a LNHA position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Charles J in Youngstown, Ohio

66 months ago

I just got licensed in December and have had a few interviews but it seems everyone wants more experience. How do I get the experience if I am not given the chance. I have worked as a very successful dietary manager in LTC over the past 8 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Charles J in Youngstown, Ohio

66 months ago

My education consists of BSAS in dietary and a MBA in healthcare administration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Phil in Chicago, Illinois

66 months ago

Start your interview with that question then start talking about your characteristics and ability to learn fast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carmela in Fort Wayne, Indiana

53 months ago

Charles J in Youngstown, Ohio said: I just got licensed in December and have had a few interviews but it seems everyone wants more experience. How do I get the experience if I am not given the chance. I have worked as a very successful dietary manager in LTC over the past 8 years.

You may want to start interviewing with smaller companies and have your preceptor give you a good reference. Also use your prior Admins for references and focus on your control of expenses while in Dietary, staff appreciation of your dept and low turn over. Talk about your history with surveys and what you have learned and how you will apply the experience that you do have for all of the operational side of the facility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.