NHA Employment in Ohio

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Frustrated NHA in Crystal Lake, Illinois

58 months ago

I have an Ohio NHA license and am having a difficult time obtaining that first administrator position. It seems you must have experience to be considered at most facilities. I also have a master's degree in nursing, supervisory experience, and am currently an ADON. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nursing home advice in Dayton, Ohio

55 months ago

You might have to take a position as a assistant administrator to get your foot in the door. Without any experience it will be tough to get your own facility unless it runs itself. HCR Manor care offers numerous assistant jobs throughout the country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kaberger@fuse.net in Middletown, Ohio

49 months ago

I am searching for a Nursing Home Administrator or Assistant Administrator position in the greater Cincinnati or the greater Dayton area. I would even consider a Director level position to get my foot in the door. I am a recently licensed NHA, and have a master's degree in health service administration plus 13 years of finance, operations, managed care negotiation, and supervisory experience. If there are any leads or any advice to share from readers of the forum I would greatly appreciate it! I am focusing now on building my network. I am particularly interested in finding out creating ways of job searching above and beyond combing the websites and job boards, i.e. how to find out about the leads prior to the postings? Seems to me by the time the job is posted it is already too late and candidates are lined up. Your thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.