Starting a Adult Care Home

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 238)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

jsscpw220 in Clinton Township, Michigan

64 months ago

what is the name of the agency you contracted with?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

unaconsultant in Atlanta, Georgia

63 months ago

Please send me your email address to unaconsultant@yahoo.com and I will send you more information.

caringconsulting@yahoo.com in Westland, Michigan

63 months ago

L. Cheatham in Canton, Michigan said: I curently operate several Residential Treatment Facilities in Inkster Michigan, I am considering relocating back to the Nashville Tenn area, I would like to know what are the steps that I must follow in order to operate the same type of business in Tennessee or Alabama.

Did u start it in MI yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

caringconsulting@yahoo.com in Westland, Michigan

63 months ago

Did anyone start in Michigan yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

L. Cheatham in Canton, Michigan

62 months ago

I do not know how it works in Arizona, but you can start by contacting the Department of Human Services, or the Stata office of Adult Foster Care Licensing. You will need your own capital if the state is not providing you with start up funds, and you will also need a house, but you can rent ther house from someone. The house has to be licensed by state of Arizona. Try the Stae of Arizona's web site, it should be able to direct you to the correct department that could assist you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

jsscpw220 in Clinton Township, Michigan said: what is the name of the agency you contracted with?

The agency that I contracted with is no longer operating, but you can contact MORC.

Thank you

62 months ago

Yes, years ago.

caringconsulting@yahoo.com in Centreville, Michigan

62 months ago

Is there a way that you could email me personally I am in MI also, me email is caringconsulting@yahoo.com I look forward to hearing from you thanks and have a great day.

chinni in Tucson, Arizona

62 months ago

If any one live in tucson, az want to start a business together
open a adult care or foster care let me know

kami

62 months ago

Or if anyone is also interested in Michigan Plz let me know thanks

Patricia in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

62 months ago

Michelle in Casselberry, Florida said: Im a LPN trying to start an ALF with less than 5 residents..Does anyone have any input, please contact me!

I am Patricia in South Florida,I am also a LPN thinking of starting an ALF or nursing home with about 5 or six people I dont know where to start, were you able to get any info. Please let me know......regards.

Patricia in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

62 months ago

verean in Tampa, Florida said: hi,i'm a lpn and i want to my own business with adult foster care in my home or in a facility outside my home. i want to know what can i do to get this started or is this a good idea. i want by own business and at the age of 48 pushing a med cart has gotten beat, PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!!!!

HI Verean, I am an LPN and I feel the same way you do about pushing the med cart,and owing my own business. Were you able to get any start up information.

Renita in Irving, Texas

62 months ago

Iam interested in adult foster home in Irving,TX. I've been working for a provider for 14 year's and iam ready to go in to adult foster care of my own not throw a provider, with the government.i need to know how to get strated.

PATRICIA BROWN in Cocoa, Florida

62 months ago

Hello everyone!

i am looking for information on opeing my own adult home in cocoa, fl. And also where i can go for grants. I have been looking all over to find information ont his, and have gotten no where...if anyone out there can direct me to some websites i would greatly appreciate this!

thanks in advance!!!

annette in Bronx, New York

61 months ago

Richard Cameron in Eugene, Oregon said: My Life partner is working in a five person Adult foster care home in Jasper, Oregon, and wants to know about starting her own AFCH. She wants to know if Grants are available to assist the start up, Or even very low cost financing? She is an experienced caregiver and I have Management experience and we are both of an age where we are very responsible and love seniors and caring for them

i am also interested in starting my own small adult homecare in Alanta Georgia

61 months ago

Richard Cameron in Eugene, Oregon said: My Life partner is working in a five person Adult foster care home in Jasper, Oregon, and wants to know about starting her own AFCH. She wants to know if Grants are available to assist the start up, Or even very low cost financing? She is an experienced caregiver and I have Management experience and we are both of an age where we are very responsible and love seniors and caring for them

i am also interested in starting my own small adult homecare in Alanta Georgia
help me,how do i go about this.Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I would like some information on how to start my own adult daycare in Alanta Georgia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelene in Warren, Michigan

61 months ago

I may need to hire a live-in administrator for a family-owned, licensed Adult AFC home in Warren, Michigan. How shall I go about this search? What do I need to ask applicants?

Mary

61 months ago

You may want to conduct a background check for a criminal history.

Michelene in Warren, Michigan

61 months ago

Yes, I would do that. But I first need to FIND an administrator. That's the issue. How to find a live-in person to live-in and run a family-owned Adult AFC home.

Mary

61 months ago

Place an ad on the healthcare association website. Please do not forget the 55 + program in your area that seeks to place seniors in employment.

Bernice Hinds

61 months ago

I would like to know the best top ten states to start adult foster care home?

Bernice Hinds

61 months ago

What are the best top ten states to start an adult foster care home?

Bernice Hinds

61 months ago

What the best top ten states to start an adult care home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bernice Hinds

61 months ago

What are the top ten states to start a group?

dscott21 in Gainesville, Florida

61 months ago

can someone shed some light on Grants for ALF's? I am looking to write for a few grants and look for some any help would be appreciated. I am in Florida by the way.

Peregrina in Miami, Florida

61 months ago

I would like to start my own Adult care home, what do i need first? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Peregrina in Miami, Florida

61 months ago

I would like to start in las Vegas...is it the same process?

rowillia13@aol.com in Fleet, United Kingdom

60 months ago

I live in Arizona. You must take a test and be certified as a Assisted living Manger and pass the test. It can be very hard. This is a state that charges every you fail you must pay a $100. also you must pay a 250.00 sign up fee,

rowillia13@aol.com in Fleet, United Kingdom

60 months ago

If there is anyone in the Arizona area who is going to be taking the Certified Assisted Living test in October please email me I would love to start a study group. I have met so much people lately who seem to fail this test. I have failed and I am looking for some help. Plese email me and see if we can pass together

lloyd james in Orlando, Florida

60 months ago

I have a beautiful 5 beds Licensed Adult Family Care Home, located in a residential neighborhood.The facility is opened for business approximately one year ago, and thus far,is not generating any residents.Please help me with any positive input. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lbambi04@yahoo.com in Orlando, Florida

60 months ago

I have a beautiful 5 beds Licensed Adult Family Care Home, located in a residential neighborhood.The facility is opened for business approximately one year ago, and thus far,is not generating any residents.Please help me with any positive input. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No Reply - Report abuse

Raymond Reiss in Cassleberry, Florida

60 months ago

Talk with local pastors/adult classes, physicians, attorneys, bank managers, accountants - people who are in a position to know when someone elderly needs care. Word of mouth!!!

gwtarizona in Pheonix, Arizona

60 months ago

You should join one of the elderly care company. The give you patients for a fee. Consider joining a caregiver group with people who have sick family members you never know one might be a patient in the near future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Tacoma, Washington

60 months ago

gwtarizona in Pheonix, Arizona said: You should join one of the elderly care company. The give you patients for a fee. Consider joining a caregiver group with people who have sick family members you never know one might be a patient in the near future.

thank you for the comment..Do you know any caregiver groups that I can join???..appreciate your help.

Mary in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

60 months ago

Lisa in Tacoma, Washington said: thank you for the comment..Do you know any caregiver groups that I can join???..appreciate your help.

I do not know what state you are located, but in Florida, it is illegal to pay someone for placement. The fee is considered a "kickback". You may also want to contact guardians, geriatric care managers and check to see if there is a brain and spinal cord program in your state. The program maybe under the department of health.

atilani2@yahoo.com in Tacoma, Washington

60 months ago

Thanks again for your help.....I WISH I KNEW ABOUT THIS FORUM EARLIER.

Emerald in Desoto, Texas

60 months ago

I'm a Medical Assistant who is very interested in starting my own Adult Foster Care Home.If there is any one who can direct please,please do so. Be Bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gwtarizona in Pheonix, Arizona

59 months ago

I am located in Arizona. We have company who give leads for patients. Every state is differnt. Please consult your local Health
Agency. For Adult care here in Arizona local agency help you to do adult foster care with 4 people only. You must live in the home you can not work outside the home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robyn, in Portland, Oregon

59 months ago

Hi, My work partner and I would like to start an AFH in the Portland,Lake Oswego, Tigard area. Is there anyone that could help us with information on how where/how to get started? We are both CNAs who have been in the business for several years now. Any help would surely be welcomed!! Thanks Much, Robyn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Robyn, in Portland, Oregon

59 months ago

Hello, Is there any one out there in Cyber Space that could share information on how one would get started in the AFH business? If so, would you be willing to share your thoughts??? Thanks, Robyn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lady black in Bedford, Texas

59 months ago

Dana Brown in Gold Hill, Oregon said: I currently own a Adult Foster Care and have developed/owned a 12 bed Dementia Care Facility. Visit seniorcarehomebiz.com for complete info...Dana

I would really want to know where I need to start to open an adult daycare in tx

villadelosabuelos in El Paso, Texas

58 months ago

Emerald in Desoto, Texas said: I'm a Medical Assistant who is very interested in starting my own Adult Foster Care Home.If there is any one who can direct please,please do so. Be Bless.

You can contact Texas Organization of Residential Care Homes , they helped me with the guidelines and Manuals to start the business. Look at www.dads.state.tx.us for the license requirements. Good luck !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

lady black in Bedford, Texas said: I would really want to know where I need to start to open an adult daycare in tx

Look in www.dads.state.tx.us under regulations and how to become a provider. I went to the SBA, chamber of commerce, and SBDC to develop a business plan. If you need help send me an e-mail. meadow4557@yahoo.com

58 months ago

Kori Ann in Coeur D Alene, Idaho said: My partner and I are looking to start a small adult family care home. We have no idea where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Go to your local chamber of commerce and look for your local Smal Business Administracion office. Look for local business associations.

lisa

58 months ago

Wilma in Chicago, Illinois said: Thank you, this is a start. Every little bit of information helps to get rolling on trying to start my business. Thank you so much.

Thank you
Wilma.

Hi Wilma,
I to am interested in starting an adult day care facility in my area. western subs of chicago.
Have you been able to find any info re: above.
if so pls email me with info (lesxoxo@aol.com)

thanx,
lisa

Kumba in Phoenix, Arizona

58 months ago

Where do I start when starting my own nursing home business?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sallie in Roseburg, Oregon

57 months ago

I am going to open a adult foster home next year. I would like to know if anyone uses a food delivery service like the restaurants do? Years ago I was a dietary manager in a nursing home and found the prices reasonable and the food good. I am not talking about a pre-made meal, just food items to make the meal. I would think it would be a great idea but I have no currant knowledge regarding prices now. Any feed-back would be greatly appricated, Sallie

Anshu kumar in Delhi, India

56 months ago

i want to do it.plz help me now.

charm in Lakeland, Florida

56 months ago

Andie in Naples, Florida said: I am familiar with the rules to starting a home however does anyone know how I can get aide in financing my own alf?

Andie I don't know about funding but I'm interested in starting an adult respite care, how do I get started.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.