Starting a Adult Care Home

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 237)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

charm in Lakeland, Florida

60 months ago

I am interested in starting an adult respite care what is the first step to take

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

60 months ago

You need to contact the Elder Affairs ALF Unit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

charm in Lakeland, Florida

60 months ago

Thank you

lobarb2150@yahoo.com in Inglewood, California

60 months ago

I own my home and will like to open up an adult care /foster care program. I needs information on how to start up my business which I have a passion for. seeking help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

shina in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

Hi you can try to do the following to get some residents go to hospials and find out whom you would talk to if someone comes there older and need help. also go to the temp agenies they can also work with ya.

bruce in Redmond, Washington

60 months ago

would like to start an adult family home in redmond wa. who do i contact to become registered with the state and find out all the requirerments

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mira Lira in Mission, Texas

59 months ago

I am interested to starting a Adult day care in Mc allen, Texas. Can you please give me some insight how i can start ? what are the basic requirements for that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Bohemia, New York

59 months ago

Are there any NY recruiters?
Rob

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Bohemia, New York

59 months ago

Any NY recruiters ?
Robert

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

beverly edney in Freeport, New York

59 months ago

I am interested in starting my own elderly home care buisness. I would like to start with 4 people in my home in Alanta GA. Do i have to get Liscencing certified and also hould can i find out about zoning for elderly home care in Alanta GA and where could i get the book to study for the test? What is AIF and could i start the elderly home care out of a rented home? please contact me at jeanyie@hotmail.com

THANK YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AFC Manager Tips in Tucson, Arizona

58 months ago

chinni in Tucson, Arizona said: If any one live in tucson, az want to start a business together
open a adult care or foster care let me know

First, Adult Foster Care (AFC) in Arizona is an adult care facility for a maximum of 4 clients/residents INTEGRATED INTO AN EXISTING, SELF-SUPPORTING FAMILY in their rented or owned home.

If this is not your situation, consider a STATE ACH (Adult Care Home) for up to 5 or a Facility up to 10 residents.

Check PIMA COUNTY AFC and ARIZONA REVISED STATUTES (laws) and search for LICENSING REQUIRMENT or whatever you want to know.

This is NOT A JOB. It is a CAREER in healthcare and a business. Takes capital and management, and tons of patience. Wonderful work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

EB in Gastonia, North Carolina

58 months ago

hello i am a very serious and caring young lady that really have a heart for seniors, and really would like to open my own Adult Daycare..for caregivers to know that their love one is safe and having a nice day while they are working and I really need to know where do I start..and what do I need?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

zakarya flemon in Bothell, Washington

58 months ago

Hello
Ihave a beautiful 4 beds licensed st Mary's adult family home.located in a residental neighborhood .the facility is opened approximately 4
monthes ago,and thusfar ,is not generating any residents.please please help me with any positive input
thank you

58 months ago

Hello
I have a beautiful 4 beds licensed st Mary's adult family home, located in a resident neighborhood . the facility is opened approximately 4 monthes ago ,is not generating any residents ,please please help me with any positive input

thank you

58 months ago

hello,
I have a beautiful 4 beds licensed adult family home care, located in a residential neighborhood. The facility is opened for approximately 4 months ago, and thus far, is not generating any residents. please, please help me with any positive input .

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cwalz008@yahoo.con in Eugene, Oregon

58 months ago

Sherry in Redmond, Oregon said: Ask someone who owns an Adult Foster Home in your area!

go to your collage or sba

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

st Mary's Adult Family Home,Is home care by license for peaple they
asking for assistance and living with my family,we accept mediacaid,we hope for refforal client that facility .call me when you have chance

zakarya flemon in lynnwood, Washington

57 months ago

Hello,I have a Adult Family Home care licensed 4 beds,Iam wondering if their are grants federal or state refferal clients

thanks zakarya

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gabrialle in Columbia, South Carolina

57 months ago

lbambi04@yahoo.com in Orlando, Florida said: I have a beautiful 5 beds Licensed Adult Family Care Home, located in a residential neighborhood.The facility is opened for business approximately one year ago, and thus far,is not generating any residents.Please help me with any positive input. Thank you.

I am in SC and I am interested in converting my home into a residential care facility. I am a Social Worker. I do I get started?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

patricia vinson in Scotland Neck, North Carolina

57 months ago

lbambi04@yahoo.com in Orlando, Florida said: I have a beautiful 5 beds Licensed Adult Family Care Home, located in a residential neighborhood.The facility is opened for business approximately one year ago, and thus far,is not generating any residents.Please help me with any positive input. Thank you.

You need to use a different approach to receive clients.

patricia vinson in Scotland Neck, North Carolina

57 months ago

Please use a different approach for clients.

elizabeth in Gonzales, Louisiana

56 months ago

Dana Brown in Gold Hill, Oregon said: I currently own a Adult Foster Care and have developed/owned a 12 bed Dementia Care Facility. Visit seniorcarehomebiz.com for complete info...Dana

I'm interested in opening an 8 bed Adult foster care home. I need help with writing the policy/procedure manual. Any suggestions!!!

Tonia in Saint Louis, Missouri

56 months ago

L. Cheatham in Canton, Michigan said: I curently operate several Residential Treatment Facilities in Inkster Michigan, I am considering relocating back to the Nashville Tenn area, I would like to know what are the steps that I must follow in order to operate the same type of business in Tennessee or Alabama.

call that state local state office the will give you all information on this try social service office or the children div.
hope this help.

CareHomeFLA.com in Seminole, Florida

55 months ago

I would like to start a community website of many if not all Adult Family Care Homes from Florida, Assisted Living excluded, where we can pool our advertising budgets & combine it to form a budget big enough to bring some traffic / visitors to our sites. I have long online advertising experience & my wife owns a AFCH in the Tampa Bay area, so it is pesonal. If anyone is interested in something like this or maybe has a better idea, we are open to colaborate with anyone for the greater good. That way we might stand a chance against our greatest competition, corporate Assisted Living chains. Thank you for your time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

CareHomeFLA.com in Seminole, Florida said: I would like to start a community website of many if not all Adult Family Care Homes from Florida, Assisted Living excluded, where we can pool our advertising budgets & combine it to form a budget big enough to bring some traffic / visitors to our sites. I have long online advertising experience & my wife owns a AFCH in the Tampa Bay area, so it is pesonal. If anyone is interested in something like this or maybe has a better idea, we are open to colaborate with anyone for the greater good. That way we might stand a chance against our greatest competition, corporate Assisted Living chains. Thank you for your time!

Good idea, please send me an email. logged87008@mypacks.net

anna in Tracy, California

55 months ago

hi, i'm going to open an adult care facility home for 5-6 residents and wonder how long does it take from start up to full occupancy??? Is it profitable???? Please share who has any experience)) Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Cleveland, Ohio

55 months ago

Hello

I'm interested in starting a Adult Day Care Center. But I'm confused on whether I should be a non-profit or for profit agency. Do anyone have any thoughts???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CareHomeFLA.com in Seminole, Florida

55 months ago

The Association has been formed as a support group to Adult Family Care Home providers, that promotes the Residential Care Home industry in the state of Florida. Florida's Adult Family Care Home Association is committed to represent the interests of Independent Adult Family Care Home providers and their residents. To achieve its goals the association is mandated to educate, market and advocate on behalf of its members.

Direct membership in the Association is the best way to continue the good fight for better rates, fair government regulations, larger online and in print presence and proper recognition for providers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

patricermn in Jacksonville, Florida

54 months ago

lloyd james in Orlando, Florida said: I have a beautiful 5 beds Licensed Adult Family Care Home, located in a residential neighborhood.The facility is opened for business approximately one year ago, and thus far,is not generating any residents.Please help me with any positive input. Thank you.

Try dcf they pay $21.50 per client

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Monika in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

54 months ago

Jamila in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: Does anyone have any idea on how to start a home health service? Something non-medical at first then later offer medical assistance.
My ultimate goal is to have a multi-complex facility with skilled nursing, assisted living, adult day care, child day care and respite care as well as independent living apartments. I am located in Tennessee.

Would like to know also so when you find out please post and i will do the same

TONIA in Saint Louis, Missouri

54 months ago

TRY TO BECOME A FOSTER PARENT THAT WILL GIVE U SOME INCOME ON HELPING YOUTH BOYS OR GIRLS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EG in Central FL

54 months ago

patricermn in Jacksonville, Florida said: Try dcf they pay $21.50 per client

Hi. Where is the AFCH, specifically? You don't need to answer here, but take that into consideration. If your AFCH is not located in an area perceived to be safe by the public, then you will have to show potential residents how you will keep them safe.

Are you in contact with the Cameron Group, the Towers, and other geriatric case managers (if you wish to care for the elderly)?

Are you in contact with DCF's Mental Health unit if you wish to care for people with chronic and persistent mental health diagnoses?

Do you go to the FALA meetings in the Orlando area? They are great places to network.

Get out there and market, market, market!!

Good luck to you!

ealom521 in Beachwood, Ohio

54 months ago

hello, my name is Regina

i'm looking to start my own adult foster home.
i would like information on how to start, what are the requirements,who do i contact in Cleveland, Ohio.

thanks in advanced

lc in Inkster, Michigan

54 months ago

Try the the bureau of adult foster care licensing.

Jloder420 in St. Augustine FL in East Wenatchee, Washington

54 months ago

I don't know if this will get to you but we are looking for an AFCH in FL for our 26 year old daughter, who suffered a traumatic brain injury when she was 3. She is on SSI and has medicaid. We assume that she would qualify for OSS. We live in St. Augustine but Orlando would be fine, if we can find the right home with the right person running it. If you accept SSI and Medicaid, please let me know. Our daughter is completely independent with self care. However, she reads on the 3rd grade level and can't manage money completely on her own. She does need help this this and reading. She needs to see a neurologist and a rheumatologist, periodically, due to TBI and a mild arthritic condition. Otherwise, she really needs to be in a structured environment, where she has meaningful things to do and with folks who will look out for her and not take advantage of her - which has happened numerous times, since she became and adult.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

If youre still looking I know someone who has a lovely home in Orange Park, She is very good with her clients send me a email and I will give you her contact

Jloder420 in St. Augustine FL in East Wenatchee, Washington

54 months ago

I don't have your email so am replying to your post. I would love to have the contact info for the woman in Orange Park. Does she accept SSI, Medicaid and OSS clients? This is all my daughter has

54 months ago

yes my email is patricermn@yahoo.com

May in Lakeland, Florida

54 months ago

Karendawn in Hollywood, Florida said: ok Thanks so I will need a NHA

What is an NHA

54 months ago

May in Lakeland, Florida said: What is an NHA

Nursing Home Administrator

bettye36066@aol.com

54 months ago

Shina in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi everyone I am trying to start my own senior daycare? I am trying to found out if you can start one without being certified? Where can I call or what website can I go on to learned about info. I myself plan to get certified but as of right now i have people in my life that are in the med field. all I really want to do is get it started.

i been asking that same question. if you get the answeer please forward it to me.bettye in alabama bettye36066@aol.com

bettye36066@aol.com

54 months ago

i would like to start a adult day care in prattville,al. i would info on how to get started,what the requirement are and who do i need to contect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

May in Winter Haven, Florida

54 months ago

Thanks

lc in Inkster, Michigan

54 months ago

You will need to contact the dept of mentatl health services, in Montgomery Al. They will give you info on how to become licensed.

JJ in Canton, Ohio

53 months ago

Dana Brown in Corvallis, Oregon said: Hi, Adult Foster Care is in residential zoning and licensed by Senior Services and Disabled Services Division “name slightly varies state to state.� Please visit seniorcarehomebiz.com for more information. Thanks Dana

I thought this would be a really informative website at first, but then, just the rest your forced to buy a $98 book to receive any honest help. Dana seems like a pro at this but who has 100 bucks to spend to "hopefully" get what information we are looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MRS.CHRIS in Saint Louis, Missouri

53 months ago

Dana Brown in Gold Hill, Oregon said: I currently own a Adult Foster Care and have developed/owned a 12 bed Dementia Care Facility. Visit seniorcarehomebiz.com for complete info...Dana

Good morning is there any information you can give me in regards to starting my own Healthcare facility in St.Louis, MO. I would really appreciate the help I am very determined and focused to get started as soon as possible. This has been my passion since I have experienced first hand the neglect patients are exposed toon a daily basis so I will make a positive change with my company. Currently I am applying for permission to take the Nursing Home Administration exam for my license is this the first step?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ray in Richmond, California

53 months ago

I am interested in starting an advanced care home.How can I get the information needed to open and comply with any zoning regulations.I am very familiar with Alzheimers patients.My mother has it since 1999.Thank you for any help.Sincerely Ray E. Smith.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

steve12 in Lakeland, Florida

53 months ago

Does anyone know the costs of operating a adult home with 5 patients? How much can you make monthly? If private pay or not? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (114) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

steve12 in Lakeland, Florida

53 months ago

I'm in orlando fl

Elizleaeth Cobble in Chattanooga, Tennessee

52 months ago

I am interested in pursuing a place where those who need help or a place to live during their teen age years who may be abused or those who have no family and need someone to take care of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.