Starting a Adult Care Home

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 238)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Penny in Dallas, Texas

58 months ago

Sue in Houston, Texas said: I am interested in starting a adult/senior living home. How do I go about starting and what do i need to have. Any specific type of credentialing or.... Thanks

hi did you get any feedback?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ladydw in Joliet, Illinois

57 months ago

I would like to know if Adult Foster Care is still currently available in Illinois and through what agency or agencies. I want to start out just doing Adult Foster Care then I want to branch out into a Adult Cila

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ioana Adams in Tampa, Florida

55 months ago

Hello everyone,
My name is Ioana Adams from Tampa Bay,Florida. I own a Adult Family Care Home with my husband and we would like to sell our place. The facility is cozy only four beds, everything inside is remodel(kitchen, bathrooms have granite, marble...). We would like to sell the house because I was accepted in Nursing Program Arizona this fall so if someone is interested about buying or request more info please fill free to visit our website for more info, contact number and see picture of the house www.carehomefla.com

55 months ago

Hello everyone,
I own a Adult Family Care Home with my husband and we would like to sell our place. The facility is cozy only four beds, everything inside is remodel(kitchen, bathrooms have granite, marble...). We would like to sell the house because I was accepted in Nursing Program Arizona this fall so if someone is interested about buying or request more info please fill free to visit our website for more info, contact number and see picture of the house www.carehomefla.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chandler in Norristown, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

Ioana Adams in Tampa, Florida said: Hello everyone,
I own a Adult Family Care Home with my husband and we would like to sell our place. The facility is cozy only four beds, everything inside is remodel(kitchen, bathrooms have granite, marble...). We would like to sell the house because I was accepted in Nursing Program Arizona this fall so if someone is interested about buying or request more info please fill free to visit our website for more info, contact number and see picture of the house www.carehomefla.com

how much are you selling for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

we ask 320k

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tshoppegirl in Buffalo, New York

54 months ago

I am very interested in starting an adult family care home or an adult foster care home in NYS. I am not aware of any such homes in my area and I guess it is because NYSDOH is so regulated that they don't allow it or make it very difficult to operate one because they can't regulate it. If anyone has any information and could pass it on to me I would greatly appreciate it. my email address is tshoppegirl@aol.com.

Vette in Memphis, Tennessee

53 months ago

I'm looking to start a home care agency here in Memphis, TN. I currentlty work in Accounting so I need to enter on the non medical side. I don't know the first place to start researching. It seems there's huge demand for both adult day care and home care in my area...any information that you guys can provide will be appreciated....

53 months ago

lisa09simpson@yahoo.com in Nashville, Tennessee said: Hello, I am looking for help to start adult living assisstant in my home. My mom had a stroke a few months back and is living in my home so im wanting to turn my home into a place to help others, I am not wanting to put my any place, but I do know that some people have no place to go.

It's hard to get someone to lead you in the right direction in Tennessee. The information that I founf on TN.gov is very vague...
Good Luck...

53 months ago

Catina Moore in Jackson, Tennessee said: Hello I'm wanting to start up my own adult day care center is there any classes i have to take in order to get started and what are the steps for me to take to make this happend?

Did you get any information on a class? I am intrested in opening a facility in Memphis, TN.

bettye36066

53 months ago

bettye36066@aol.com said: how do i start a senior daycare in my home. what do i need to know before hand.this would be a social type daycare. i would like to get started right away.

please reply to my question i need info soon as possible i live in prattville,alabama

bettye36066

53 months ago

bettye36066@aol.com said: i would like to start a adult day care in prattville,al. i would like info on how to get started,what the requirement are and who do i need to contect.
will someone please give me some infoas to how to get started.

successfull@comcast.net in Canton, Michigan

53 months ago

You need to contact the department of mental health & mental retardation , Montgomery Alabama, there is also an office in Huntsville. Montgomery is the main office. Commie Carter is the contact person. When I applied in 2007, that was the contact number. I hope this helps. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bettye36066

53 months ago

unaconsultant in Atlanta, Georgia said: Please send me your email address to unaconsultant@yahoo.com and I will send you more information.

bettye36066@aol.com is my email

asmae in Mountain View, California

52 months ago

salut moi je suis une infirmiére polyvalente je travail actuélement dans un clinic et je veux un travail suplimentaire dans cabinet ou bien laboratoire ou a domicile pour faire ts les soins infirmiers.

asmae in Rabat, Morocco

52 months ago

je ss infirmiere polyvalente je cherche un emploie a domicile

Islande in Scranton, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

Mary in Boca Raton, Florida said: Hi Cathy, if you are interested in purchasing a ALF in the Orlando area, I can put you in touch with someone. I am not a realtor.

Mary can you put me in thouch with the person

Regards
Islande

Serena808 in Kihei, Hawaii

51 months ago

I am planning to open an AFC on Maui. One of the regulations states that I put in a sprinkler system in the house in case of a fire for 3 clients. Is there any way to bypass this? Mahalo!!!

rebecca in eustis, fl. in Lady Lake, Florida

51 months ago

blackbenz1970 in Haines City, Florida said: i live in haine city flordia,,,i want to start off doing private home care in my own home,i been cna since 1994,mech tech for two years,i want to know how i start with one resident in my home,where do i get them from,?,please someone help..lenay brockington

word of mouth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

steve12 in Lakeland, Florida said: Does anyone know the costs of operating a adult home with 5 patients? How much can you make monthly? If private pay or not? Thanks

i just finished remolding my home, so im not sure how much it will cost you, depends on wheather your doing most of the work your self, or are you hiring people to come in and help with your pts., and how often. i know here around the lake county area people are charging $3500 - $4500 monthly

51 months ago

i would like to know how many pts. can you have without being license,
i have been told that you can have 3

Sandra in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

51 months ago

Rebecca,

Please stop listening to others and read the rules. You are getting bad information.

51 months ago

Sandra in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Rebecca,

Please stop listening to others and read the rules. You are getting bad information.

where might i read these rules thanks

Sandra in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

51 months ago

Babe in Federal Way, Washington

51 months ago

Hi

I am interested on starting up a business for adult Family home in Lakewood Washington. I am currently BSN graduate, experienced of working assisted living and running in the business of AFH. I would like to start a small business like this on my own can somebody give me an idea what to do and any information where, how to apply it? for start maybe I would like to take care as private for at least 2 to 3 people in my renting home. How long it will it take to apply and what material needed to provide in this kind of business? and how much money i need to start up?

Thanks,
Babe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

saints in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

Our parish school just shut it's doors as of 6/10/2011. The school building is vacant now and we are looking for an organization or company interested in providing adult care services in the building. We are located in West Philadelphia,PA on Cedar Avenue.
If interested, please post your contact information so we can speak with you.

Dimitri in Farmington, Michigan

50 months ago

I want to open a adult foster care. Anyone knows if i need a subdivision association approvel for this?

sam carter in Detroit, Michigan

49 months ago

Dana Brown in Gold Hill, Oregon said: I currently own a Adult Foster Care and have developed/owned a 12 bed Dementia Care Facility. Visit seniorcarehomebiz.com for complete info...Dana

Hey Dona, I'm trying to open a AFC here in michigan. Can you help me with some advices and wisdom? my email is acarter001@att.net

Brett in Palmetto, Florida

45 months ago

Jamila in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: Does anyone have any idea on how to start a home health service? Something non-medical at first then later offer medical assistance.
My ultimate goal is to have a multi-complex facility with skilled nursing, assisted living, adult day care, child day care and respite care as well as independent living apartments. I am located in Tennessee.

Hi try www.1staccreditation.com they are 21st century health care consultants they helped me start my business a 2 years ago now I have skilled medical nurses and over 50 clients. All I had to do was send some information, a resume and take 2 courses on the web. They helped me with all of my questions and did a pre site survey prior to chap's (an accreditation body like jahco and acah) survey. I had no deficiencies and though I was nervous the survey went smoothly and of course I passed. I am in florida but they provide Service nation wide. I hope this helped

Roger Bynum in Chesapeake, Virginia

44 months ago

Hi, I am I want to open a unique nursing home or adult care facility. I just need a idea of how much everything will cost.
Thanks.
Take,care

Kimberly's Loving Care in Roseburg, Oregon

44 months ago

It depends on what the house will require as far as safety bars, toilet rises, beds, bedding and bathroom linens. Also make sure you check with your county licensor. You are required to have two months of operating costs available to you, either in savings or by a guaranteed loan. So I would say, we started with $18,000. I would have liked to of had at least $30,000. So we hadextra if we didnt fill right away. It is costly to run an adult Care homw. So make sure you budget for everything.

maggie03077 in Beverly Hills, Florida

43 months ago

Shina in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi everyone I am trying to start my own senior daycare? I am trying to found out if you can start one without being certified? Where can I call or what website can I go on to learned about info. I myself plan to get certified but as of right now i have people in my life that are in the med field. all I really want to do is get it started.

hi
i would also love to get my hands on the info also...maggie03077@aol.com if you find anything out...
thanks

Max in Hollywood, Florida

43 months ago

I am looking for any information on how to start up a adult home care in Miami / Broward are ...any help would be appreciated.. thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Max in Hollywood, Florida

43 months ago

Mary in Boca Raton, Florida said: You can email me directly cm20@earthlink.net

Can I please email you with some questions and concerns about opening an adult home care. you seem very knowledgeable about the matter.

thank you

Max

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Cleveland, Tennessee

42 months ago

I have an existing 11 room AFL and would like to open a Adult Care Home. An Adult Care Home in this state can be licensed for a maximum of 5 residents. This type of home is approved to take Vent-Dependent Residents. Does anyone have experience with a home such as this? My wife is an RN and I am an Respiratory Therapist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

whipkey in Waianae, Hawaii

42 months ago

moe in Conway, South Carolina said: need help in info on opening a nursing care facility for the elderly.
have 14 yrs. in nursing career and over 20 yrs. in health care.
i live in south carolina.

I am currently in the process of opening one now, but it is in Hawaii, not at South Carolina. Actually, I am looking for a nurse. If you are interested in moving to Hawaii (weather is nice), we can talk more in detail. I can be reached via my email lzhang028@yahoo.com.
Thanks, Lin

mrsmcleaver218 in Salt Lake City, Utah

41 months ago

Have you considered opening a day care or other elder are type of website. SeniorCare.net provides some other senior care options here: www.seniorcare.net/senior-care-options/. There are many types of elder care. As the population ages, we find more and more seniors unwilling to move into an assisted living/nursing home facility because they prefer more freedom. By developing a facility with more freedom for seniors, you could come up with a unique business that attracts new clients.

Suzie89 in Portland, Oregon

40 months ago

Andie in Naples, Florida said: I am familiar with the rules to starting a home however does anyone know how I can get aide in financing my own alf?

Hi, I would like to know what the rules and requirements are to start an ALF in Florida. Is it true a 100k/credit letter from a bank is needed? Any Info is helpful. Thanks.

40 months ago

Kimberly's Loving Care in Roseburg, Oregon said: It depends on what the house will require as far as safety bars, toilet rises, beds, bedding and bathroom linens. Also make sure you check with your county licensor. You are required to have two months of operating costs available to you, either in savings or by a guaranteed loan. So I would say, we started with $18,000. I would have liked to of had at least $30,000. So we hadextra if we didnt fill right away. It is costly to run an adult Care homw. So make sure you budget for everything.

Hi Kimberly, I'm in Multnomah County researching all info to start an adult foster home. Is it true Credit is relevant when getting licensed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Roger in Lehigh Acres, Florida said: I can help you with questions, training and consulting. You will need to complete the core training and I offer the class through distant learning. logged87008@mypacks.net Please make sure that any trainer you use is an aoproved trainer by the Fl Department of Elder Affairs.

Hi Roger,
I'm also interested in becoming familiar with requirements to open an ALF in Florida. I used to live in Miami, currently in Oregon for a while and wll be back in FL next year, so i really want to become familiar with all the info to be prepared. I've heard some scary things and i'm not sure what's fact and what's myth.

I will email you if that's ok. My email is scs.cuesta@gmail.com.

Thanks

40 months ago

Roger in Lehigh Acres, Florida said: I can help you with questions, training and consulting. You will need to complete the core training and I offer the class through distant learning. logged87008@mypacks.net Please make sure that any trainer you use is an aoproved trainer by the Fl Department of Elder Affairs.

I'm actually looking to move to the Ft. Meyers/Lehigh/Cape Coral area when i return. I'm familiar with the area and love the properties there.

40 months ago

Max in Hollywood, Florida said: I am looking for any information on how to start up a adult home care in Miami / Broward are ...any help would be appreciated.. thank you

I've heard in Dade county is super challenging. I used to live in Hialeah Gardens.

Carolyn in Fort Myers, Florida

40 months ago

Someone asked about financing. You may want to review my ALF group on Linkedin. One person has posted financing information. Another person provided information on furnishings. Please considered checking out the group.

autism teacher in Miami, Florida

39 months ago

Brett in Palmetto, Florida said: Hi try www.1staccreditation.com they are 21st century health care consultants they helped me start my business a 2 years ago now I have skilled medical nurses and over 50 clients. All I had to do was send some information, a resume and take 2 courses on the web. They helped me with all of my questions and did a pre site survey prior to chap's (an accreditation body like jahco and acah) survey. I had no deficiencies and though I was nervous the survey went smoothly and of course I passed. I am in florida but they provide Service nation wide. I hope this helped

Hi Brett
Iam certified teacher in ESE (special ed )
My isister is RN in Florida.I would like to know more about 1staccrediatation company you were mentioning about,please help

autism teacher in Miami, Florida

39 months ago

Roger Bynum in Chesapeake, Virginia said: Hi, I am I want to open a unique nursing home or adult care facility. I just need a idea of how much everything will cost.
Thanks.
Take,care

I want to open a day care for adults with disabilities in Miami ,Boca area.
I have a licence in ESE K-12 , still teacher working in the school system.
I also have a sister who is RN and we are looking for parents who have adult children with diasabilties and advisors who will help me ,be on my board ,
I already have a space lined up in a church building.
Please contact me thru
Autismteacherinmiami@aol.com
thanks so much

Cory T in Buffalo, Minnesota

37 months ago

Carolyn in Fort Myers, Florida said: Someone asked about financing. You may want to review my ALF group on Linkedin. One person has posted financing information. Another person provided information on furnishings. Please considered checking out the group.

Hello,
I would like look at the posts on your group as I am in the beginning stages of start a residential care facility. Could you give the name of your group as I was looking on Linkden and didn't find it.
Thank you.
Cory

Marilyn in New York, New York

36 months ago

I'm a lawyer by profession and I'm looking to start a ALF in NY or Fl. I have no experience so I would appreciate any info I can get. could someone tell me how to go about opening such a facility, the costs invloved, what licence is needed, ect.
I'd welcome a partner so if anyone is interested please let me know. I am flexible with the location. Thank you.

Robert in Cape Coral, Florida

36 months ago

I can put you in touch with people who may be willing to partner. I provide you with information on getting started and projected cost.

marilyn

36 months ago

Ok, please provide me with both. My email is mmor111@live.com
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lamaisondelavie@verizon.net

36 months ago

Mary in Boca Raton, Florida said: Hi Verean,

Max posted information earlier. The Dept. of Elder Affairs has the license information on ALFs.

Iam looking for a consultant Adult Residential Care home and Administrator training class online
Can you help me please

Islande

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.