marilyn

29 months ago

Ok, please provide me with both. My email is mmor111@live.com
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lamaisondelavie@verizon.net

29 months ago

Mary in Boca Raton, Florida said: Hi Verean,

Max posted information earlier. The Dept. of Elder Affairs has the license information on ALFs.

Iam looking for a consultant Adult Residential Care home and Administrator training class online
Can you help me please

Islande

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Marilyn in New York, New York said: I'm a lawyer by profession and I'm looking to start a ALF in NY or Fl. I have no experience so I would appreciate any info I can get. could someone tell me how to go about opening such a facility, the costs invloved, what licence is needed, ect.
I'd welcome a partner so if anyone is interested please let me know. I am flexible with the location. Thank you.

Dear Marilyn

My husband and I have 6beds Adult Residential Care Home and Pocono PA, name (La Maison de la vie Partagée /House of live sharing)
we willing to open one in New york area looking for partner.

Best Regaeds

Islande

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Marilyn in New York, New York said: I'm a lawyer by profession and I'm looking to start a ALF in NY or Fl. I have no experience so I would appreciate any info I can get. could someone tell me how to go about opening such a facility, the costs invloved, what licence is needed, ect.
I'd welcome a partner so if anyone is interested please let me know. I am flexible with the location. Thank you.

Dear Marilyn

My husband and I have 6beds Adult Residential Care Home and Pocono PA, name (La Maison de la vie Partagée /House of live sharing)
we willing to open one in New york area looking for partner.

Best Regards

Islande

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fl in Elmhurst, New York

26 months ago

I wonder if anybody know if adc usually use require the use of recreational, occupational or physical therapists?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

druffin in Cleveland, Ohio

26 months ago

It all depends on New York state compliance on ADC - I started ADC in the state of Ohio & under Medicaid you must have a Activity Director. And you must idenity what type of ADC you want to create "Enhance or Intensive"

Fl in Elmhurst, New York said: I wonder if anybody know if adc usually use require the use of recreational, occupational or physical therapists?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fl in Elmhurst, New York

26 months ago

If you dont mind me asking whats the difference between enhance and intensive in adc and does the activity director at your facility work with any subordinates or recreational therapists to best construct activities

26 months ago

In the state of NY the requirements are different from Oh. Ohio identify by enhance and intensive. In NY state ADC are separated by 3 types ADHC - Adult Day Health Care & Day Programs & Social Adult Day Services. You can find the NY state compliance online.

Starting ADC is not easy (I know from personal experience) it can be time consuming and ton of researching the state compliance and the different Medicaid programs - each program is different therefore must be researched.

Fl in Elmhurst, New York

26 months ago

Thanks so much once again, i have definitely been doing some research and I found some information on the different adc's. I want to ask in terms of hiring for the facility do I hire directly or do I have to hire a recruiter to help with the hiring needs

26 months ago

You are very welcome.... You can hiring your staff yourself, don't payout unneccessary money on things you can do yourself...

Good Luck in your business.

I do offer consulting service as well. But remember you can do many of your ADC research yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fl in Astoria, New York

25 months ago

Hi,

I am in the process of starting a medical adult day care in new york. I was wondering what is the typical census for adult day cares and is there a place i can find it

steve in Bowling Green, Ohio

25 months ago

Michelene in Warren, Michigan said: I may need to hire a live-in administrator for a family-owned, licensed Adult AFC home in Warren, Michigan. How shall I go about this search? What do I need to ask applicants?

I may be able to help, please email directly. hammells1406@gmail.com

Thanks!

AngieWill in Henderson, Nevada

24 months ago

L. Cheatham in Canton, Michigan said: I curently operate several Residential Treatment Facilities in Inkster Michigan, I am considering relocating back to the Nashville Tenn area, I would like to know what are the steps that I must follow in order to operate the same type of business in Tennessee or Alabama.

Hello, I am looking to open a few Adult Assisted Living Facilities in the Michigan area and I was wondering if you could give me a little insight as far the contacts for receiving patients ,rules and requirements, and the per diem rates for clients received

AngieWill in Henderson, Nevada

24 months ago

Kimberly's Loving Care in Roseburg, Oregon said: It depends on what the house will require as far as safety bars, toilet rises, beds, bedding and bathroom linens. Also make sure you check with your county licensor. You are required to have two months of operating costs available to you, either in savings or by a guaranteed loan. So I would say, we started with $18,000. I would have liked to of had at least $30,000. So we hadextra if we didnt fill right away. It is costly to run an adult Care homw. So make sure you budget for everything.

I was wondering if you could tell me about the rates paid out for patients and the amount of money you initially had to put in to start your business. I know you said it depends on what the house needs but I just wanted some rough figures since I am interested in opening some AFC's and I will be starting from scratch

biznezsenz@aol.com in Miami, Florida

21 months ago

Karendawn in Hollywood, Florida said: 1. What type of license does this facility fall under?

Hello,
I just want to mention that I have been working with Assisted Living and Adult Foster Care homes for 18 yrs. I am located in Florida. If there's anything I can do for you, please feel to contact me for more information. I also offer business coaching for ALF's. If interested please visit my site and if you need further information leave me a message. Thank you. hrmunlimited-com.webs.com

t.mcav@yahoo.com in Irving, Texas

17 months ago

Renita in Irving, Texas said: Iam interested in adult foster home in Irving,TX. I've been working for a provider for 14 year's and iam ready to go in to adult foster care of my own not throw a provider, with the government .i need to know how to get strated.

Hello,

Were you able to find any information to start the adult foster care business? I live in Keller, TX and have one special needs foster child (20 years old). I am working through a company and do not agree with all of their practices. Not all on the up and up and I catch them in the wrong as far as what is best for my foster child. Needless to say we but heads.

I have some ideas on where to start but need a little direction. I saw your post and thought I would email you. You can reach me at trayce927@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you soon. Maybe we can put our heads together and figure this out. It cant be that difficult.

Trayce

Carolyn in Lehigh Acres, Florida

17 months ago

Trayce,

In Texas, you will need to contact DADS.

www.dads.state.tx.us/

Christopher in Vancouver, Washington

15 months ago

Is there anyone willing to open or currently operating an Adult Foster Home (AFH)in the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA area????? Thanks!

15 months ago

What is figuratively speaking, "relative adult foster home providers" compensated as the caregiver for their relative(s)? An approximate figure will be just fine.... Thanks!

P.s. Oh, I live in the states of Oregon/Washington....

15 months ago

What is "Medicaid Waiver Services?" And, who qualifies for these services? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

druffin31@sbcglobal.net in Cleveland, Ohio

11 months ago

If anyone is interested in a Starting Adult Day Program (Social Model).....
Don’t waste your time paying for unnecessary forms and plans. I will provide healthcare leaders that are interested in starting an Adult Day Program in their communities. We assist you with researching state specific policies and procedures that are sometimes difficult to understand.

I'm currently the Owner/Director of Choices Adult Day Center in Ohio. If anyone interested and want more information: choicesadc@gmail.com

druffin31@sbcglobal.net in Cleveland, Ohio

11 months ago

Christopher in Vancouver, Washington said: What is "Medicaid Waiver Services?" And, who qualifies for these services? Thanks!

I don't know if you received your answer regarding Medicaid Waiver Services??? Waiver Services is a Medicaid Program. Depending on the individual need the age range from 0-100. What type of client are you working with?

Karla B in Detroit, Michigan

11 months ago

I am located in detroit, mi
Me and my family want to start an adult foster care home. Can you guide us as to what direction do we go in to start the home. What are the first steps needed to be taken to get us started.

druffin31 in Cleveland, Ohio

10 months ago

Business Partner for Adult Day Business
Adult Day Program looking for an individual or collaborate with a business (Homecare or Home Health Agency) that is interested in Adult Day Care business.

Looking for business partner to help business grow

Business started in 2010
Passport Provider

If interested please email choicesadc@gmail.com

Hortensia in Miami, Florida

10 months ago

verean in Tampa, Florida said: hi,i'm a lpn and i want to my own business with adult foster care in my home or in a facility outside my home. i want to know what can i do to get this started or is this a good idea. i want by own business and at the age of 48 pushing a med cart has gotten beat, PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!!!!

Hello,
I was just wondering how your dream is coming along?I am an ALF Consultant in Miami. If you need information I have 18 yrs experience opening Assisted Living Facilities and Adult Family Care Homes.

10 months ago

Ive been working with Assisted Living and Adult Family Care Homes for 18 yrs.If anyone is truly serious about opening a facility you may contact me or visit my website which is hrmunlimited-com.webs.com If there are any challenges you are encountering it would be my pleasure to give you the orientation and support you need.I am also a Life coach so bringing in a fresh perspective to this industry could set precedent in the ALF industry and assist you in standing out from the rest. This is a new concept therefore a desire for awareness needs to be present as well as the motivation to make a difference not only in the ALF industry but the world in general.

reiproperty4u@gmail.com in Portland, Oregon

10 months ago

Just a quick question. .. are you open to assisting someone who lives in the state of Washington???

reiproperty4u@gmail.com in Portland, Oregon

10 months ago

Suzie89 in Portland, Oregon said: I've heard in Dade county is super challenging. I used to live in Hialeah Gardens.

Just a quick question. ... do you have any Adult Foster Homes in the Portland area????

10 months ago

Suzie89 in Portland, Oregon said: I've heard in Dade county is super challenging. I used to live in Hialeah Gardens.

Right now Dade county is going through many changes but when everything settles it will be ok. Experience is key in these circumstances that is why I am extending my hand to those that are truly interested in order to assist, orient, and support them. I have been working with Assisted Living and Adult Family care homes for 18 yrs now. I hope I can be of assistance..

RN in Cleveland, Ohio

10 months ago

druffin31 in Cleveland, Ohio said: Business Partner for Adult Day Business
Adult Day Program looking for an individual or collaborate with a business (Homecare or Home Health Agency) that is interested in Adult Day Care business.

Looking for business partner to help business grow

Business started in 2010
Passport Provider

If interested please email choicesadc@gmail.com[/QUO

RN in Cleveland, Ohio

10 months ago

Hi,
I'm very interested and I've also been looking to form a partnership. Please respond to ufirsthcs@yahoo.com

carl in Cleveland, Ohio

9 months ago

hi, Regina

we are in cleveland ,ohio and try to open same afh business.
may-be we have something to talk about.
you can reach me by mail- ainl59@hotmail.com
Thanks
Carl

druffin31 in Bedford, Ohio

9 months ago

carl in Cleveland, Ohio said: hi, Regina

we are in cleveland ,ohio and try to open same afh business.
may-be we have something to talk about.
you can reach me by mail- ainl59@hotmail.com
Thanks
Carl

Hello Carl

Were you responding to my comment (see below) or someone else:

Jason in El Paso, Texas

9 months ago

I'm planning to move forward with starting an AFC in El Paso, TX - If anyone has any information on specific costs involved, the changing rate of income for Seniors in AFC homes, etc. I'm familiar with some of the requirements, but I'm looking for real-time information on where the money comes from - Medicaid/Medicare, the family of the resident, other programs that cover specific costs, etc. Who knows about this in the state of Texas or where can I get some information?

druffin31@sbcglobal.net in Mentor, Ohio

8 months ago

Established Adult Day Program that have not been profitable is looking for a new owner that is ready for a challenge and can take the business to another level.

Willing to sell business and concept.

If interested because contact choicesadc@gmail.com

lesmith in Pompano Beach, Florida

7 months ago

Established Adult Day Care, in Margate, FL that has lots of potential, but not yet profitable. Looking to add a partner with marketing background.

marchelle.williams in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

4 months ago

Michelene in Warren, Michigan said: I may need to hire a live-in administrator for a family-owned, licensed Adult AFC home in Warren, Michigan. How shall I go about this search? What do I need to ask applicants?

How did you guys get funding to open your afc home?

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.