Study guides for NAB exam - Advice, Please!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

tah in Victor, New York

85 months ago

I am about to start the studying process for the Nursing Home Board
Exams. I have the Allen book, I was wondering if the Townsend book is "Health Systems Administration"? (I have seen one by another author - Buttaro) or is there a more correct title I should be looking for? I have also seen reference to the NAB book - What is the exact title of this book so that I might be able to order it as well? I appreciate any feedback or advice that anyone might be able to offer on these. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Dude in Warren, Indiana

85 months ago

The best things to study are those listed below:

1. Guidance to Surveyors
2. NAB Study Guide
3. The Principles of Healthcare Administration (Joseph Townsend)

All of these materials are available via the NAB website. Know these three things thoroughly and you'll be good to go for the NAB test.

The biggest issue with studying for this test is the need begin your studies well in advance of actually taking the test. I'd recommend spending an hour a day on the materials months in advance of your test.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ravanchie in Hillsboro, Missouri

47 months ago

The Dude in Warren, Indiana said: The best things to study are those listed below:

1. Guidance to Surveyors
2. NAB Study Guide
3. The Principles of Healthcare Administration (Joseph Townsend)

All of these materials are available via the NAB website. Know these three things thoroughly and you'll be good to go for the NAB test.

The biggest issue with studying for this test is the need begin your studies well in advance of actually taking the test. I'd recommend spending an hour a day on the materials months in advance of your test.

Good luck!

Where can one find this used ? I have so much $ invested already. Im a RN wanting to become LTC Admin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.