Technology at LCCA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

techie in Dalton, Georgia

23 months ago

I worked as an administrator for Life Care Centers of America for a very brief period...brief, mainly because shortly after I started I realized there was one huge barrier to me being successful. Their IT policies did not allow for me to have my LCCA email send to a blackberry or smart phone. Nor was there a way to access e-mail...or anything else for that matter...through a VPN.

I like to start my day very early with a cup (ok, 5 cups!) of coffee, getting a head start on whatever might be waiting for me at the facility. Plus, I couldn't stand the thought at being totally cut off from things during the weekend or if I went to a convention.

So here's my question...anybody know if that's changed? Can you get e-mail sent to your backberry? Do they have a VPN or some other way to access the servers from home?

Many thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laurie in Richmond, Missouri

21 months ago

techie in Dalton, Georgia said: I worked as an administrator for Life Care Centers of America for a very brief period...brief, mainly because shortly after I started I realized there was one huge barrier to me being successful. Their IT policies did not allow for me to have my LCCA email send to a blackberry or smart phone. Nor was there a way to access e-mail...or anything else for that matter...through a VPN.

I like to start my day very early with a cup (ok, 5 cups!) of coffee, getting a head start on whatever might be waiting for me at the facility. Plus, I couldn't stand the thought at being totally cut off from things during the weekend or if I went to a convention.

So here's my question...anybody know if that's changed? Can you get e-mail sent to your backberry? Do they have a VPN or some other way to access the servers from home?

Many thanks,

This is a joke, right? How in the world would you let something like not being able to check email on your blackberry affect your future? I cannot believe that is really the reason why you quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

techie in Dalton, Georgia

21 months ago

Not a joke! You are right, there were other reasons I quit, but I don't want to sling mud. Especially not here in this forum. Especially since the cause of those "problems" were fixed immediately after I left.

Not being allowed to keep in close contact 24/7 with my facility via VPN and email would be the reason I would not want to consider another position with LCCA, an otherwise fine company.

I'm not surprised that you would find it hard to believe that not being allowed to perform your job to your own high standards would be sufficient reason to quit that job. Personal commitment to a strong work ethic has definitely become a rare commodity these days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.