Online Schools for Nutrition?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

milelj in Portsmouth, Virginia

51 months ago

Hello. I am looking for an online school where I can earn a BS in Nutrition. It is my passion to work in this field. I have already finished most of the general ed classes at a brick and mortar school. My husband recently joined the Navy, and since we will be moving around, I need to find an online school. Anyone know of one that offers this program? I know Kaplan has a nutrition program, but I am avoiding this school as I have not heard good things about them. Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Fullerton, California

43 months ago

The most important thing is that the school is a CADE accredited, otherwise you can't really do much with a nutrition degree. You have a be a Registered dietitian, and do a dietetic internship, and pass a comprehensive exam, if you are looking to get into clinical dietetics, or to have some form of nutrition credibility in the field. Most people are able to call themselves nutritionists, but to practice dietetics, and call yourself a dietitian involves a rigid process. Unfortunately, there are not enough programs for graduating students, even from accredited schools. I graduated in 2008, and hoping to god I get into a hospital program. For what dietitians do, they don't get paid a lot. You have to love the field to survive it. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.