Occupational Therapist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (737) - Start a Discussion

simza91 in Florida

Updated 6 months ago

Do I have a shot at this? - 3 Replies

Hi all! I have been looking into OT for quite some time now and am looking to apply to a masters program. Although I am hearing it is getting more...

OT in Cape Town, South Africa

Updated 6 months ago

Preparation for OTR exam - 2 Replies

Hi, I am looking for a study partner to prepare for the OTR exam, am a full time mom so time is so precious, its hard for me to have a set time to...

Veteran O T in Hyattsville, Maryland

Updated 7 months ago

Show me the money... - 71 Replies

What are typical occupational therapist salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in...

Lorne in Toronto, Ontario

OT masters degree programs that favor non-traditional students

Hi all. I've decided to make a mid-life career change after working for many years as a personal trainer, health educator and community college...

Lorne in Toronto, Ontario

OT masters degree programs that don't require GRE scores

Hi all. I'd like to know if there are any accredited masters level OT programs that don't require the GRE. Thanks!

lORNE in Toronto, Ontario

cheapest OT masters degree program for out of states sthdents

Hi. I'm looking into applying to Master's level OT programs and would like to know which are the least expensive for students applying out of state....

rls133 in Irwin, Pennsylvania

Getting into OT school

Hello, I am currently earning a Bachelor's degree in Biology and hopefully a minor in Psychology. I will be applying to Occupational therapy school...

FutureOT in Boise, Idaho

Updated 7 months ago

OTA or OT program?!?! - 10 Replies

Hello, I currently have a BS in Marketing and my MBA and am 29. I have realized for awhile that business is not the route I want to take and...

Steffy Lynn in Orlando, Florida

Updated 7 months ago

I'm torn between becoming a Speech Language Pathologist or Occupational Therapist? - 298 Replies

I have been trying to make up my mind for the longest. I have a personality that is suited to both careers. The SLP program is near me and I can take...

Monica02 in Urbana, Illinois

MD vs OT

I am currently an undergrad in my third year, which means soon enough I will be taking either the GRE or the MCAT. I originally came into school...

janda in Oakland, California

Updated 7 months ago

BA or BS in Psychology for OT - 1 Reply

I am finished with all my undergrad work, and now am needing to pick specific course work for degree plans. My goal is to become an occupational...

Janean in Sacramento, California

Tuition assistance for OTAs to become OTs?

Hello, I'm really thinking that becoming an OTA first will be the smarter option for me as it is cheaper. I do know that I would eventually like to...

KS OT in Saint Charles, Illinois

Moving out of state

Hi everyone-I've been working as an OT for 14 years in the pediatric setting in Illinois. My family is considering re-locating to Georgia. I'm...

rocyrocy in American canyon, California

Updated 8 months ago

NBCOT Study Group - 1 Reply

Hello, I am an OT student and am interested in finding fellow students for a NBCOT study group in SF/Bay Area. I went to school in the east coast...

Hoangot in Miami, Florida

Updated 8 months ago

How many hours a week do OT's REALLY work? - 1 Reply

I am very curious about this because I am a career changer and I am very interested in OT. I have read on U.S. News and such that OTs work on average...

nathy620 in Miami, Florida

Observation Hours

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for placed to do my observation hours? I need 40 hours in total. The 40 hours must be done in...

Shelia Barker in Texas

Updated 8 months ago

OTA or OT - 2 Replies

I have been working with high school students with autism for the past 4 years after graduating with a counseling masters degree. I am thinking of...

OTStrong in Warren, Massachusetts

Updated 8 months ago

Group Homes - 9 Replies

Why aren't OT synonimus with group homes. That would be the niche this field needs and many of the consumers with mental disabilities could greatly...

FelipeOT in Los Angeles, California

Updated 8 months ago

Median salary of new OT grads - 1 Reply

I'm getting my financial outlook plans in order as I will have a lot of debt coming out of a CA private school. I don't trust job sites to give me...

Andrew in Yonkers, New York

Updated 8 months ago

COTA certification or OT degrees recognized in Europe? - 1 Reply

Hello~ I will be studying to be a COTA for the next couple of years. I live in California. Does anybody here know if American educated COTA's...

curiouslady211 in Knoxville, Tennessee

Updated 8 months ago

OTA or straight for Master's OTR? - 21 Replies

I've been doing some research about the OT and OTR field. Question... is it really a waste of time to go to OTA school? I see a lot of people...

Sgirl interested in OT in Jacksonville, Florida

Is it hard to find a full time position in a hospital or nonprofit as a new grad?

I am just wondering if it is hard to find a full time position at a hospital or another non-profit as a new grad student. I will be in so much...

tara1245 in Redding, California

considering OT, have some questions :)

After finishing my pre reqs for nursing I've become rather discouraged at the difficulty new grads have in finding jobs. I'm looking into other...

Futuretravot in Wilmington, North Carolina

Updated 9 months ago

Travel OT - 1 Reply

Hi everyone I am a new grad (5-12!!!) and I am interested in travel OT. I love to travel and don't want to settle down with just one setting (I...

OT123 in Los Angeles, California

Updated 9 months ago

Bachelors for OT?? - 2 Replies

I've beeen researching jobs for OTs, and today I came across three that only require a Bachelors degree. I read that as of 2007, a Masters is...

Shelia Barker in Texas

Updated 9 months ago

Financing COTA/OTA after bachelor degree - 1 Reply

I am very serious about getting my Cota/ota training, but I am unsure how to go about funding my program. I already have a bachelor's degree and with...

lovebitesandbruises in Colorado

Occupational or Behavioral Therapy

I want a job working with children with autism and/or other mental disabilities. I have volunteered for many local organizations for autism and think...

Cindy in Los Angeles, California

Updated 9 months ago

Mental Health OT - 52 Replies

How prevalent are mental health jobs in occupational therapy? Have any of you worked in mental health and if you have, what was it like?

Melissa Cap in New Jersey

Updated 9 months ago

Cota after BA degree - 2 Replies

Hi, I have a BA in Sociology, unfortunately it hasn't done me very good. I am really interested on becoming a certified occupational therapist. I...

Grace in Oxford, Mississippi

Updated 9 months ago

Occupational Therapy HELPPPP!!! - 7 Replies

I am having a dilemma choosing an Occupational Therapy SCHOOL! I am hoping that maybe someone anyone here can help me. So here’s my situation I...

Diana in Gwynn Oak, Maryland

study partner for otr exam

hi, I am planning to take up my otr exam in a couple of months so am looking for study partners for group discussions and studies. if anybody's...

Linz023 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Career Change to OT--Information Overload Help!!!

Hello! I have recently decided after working in a sales/education corporate setting that I would like to change my career and go into a more...

newtosd in Thornhill, Ontario

Updated 9 months ago

So... how much do OTs REALLY make? - 2 Replies

Ok so I'm googling stats everywhere and it just gets more and more confusing... How much do OTs REALLY make? How much does a part-time OT make? It...

Natasha in Stanmore, United Kingdom

Updated 9 months ago

castle exam - 6 Replies

I just took the castle 8 exam and got 467, out of the 100 questions i got 385. does that mean if it was the real test I would have passed. I am not...

Beth80 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Updated 9 months ago

Career Change to OT - 9 Replies

Hi everyone - I am 30 yrs old and have been working as a web developer since college {bachelor of science in marketing} but I am looking to switch...

Beth80 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Updated 9 months ago

2nd grade teacher considering OT... - 4 Replies

I am a first year 2nd grade teacher who is realizing that teaching, while often rewarding, is not really for me. I have to admit I didn't really know...

OTR2013 in Montana

Updated 10 months ago

PRN as a new grad? - 8 Replies

I recently passed my exam and became licensed in Missouri. The problem I am running into is the part of MO that I am in offers mostly PRN positions....

Tina85 in New York

Occupational Therapy in Acute Care

Hi, I'm a new OT working in the acute care setting and am mainly working on the neuro floor. I find it very limiting for an OT to be up in acute care...

Sophie in Galveston, Texas

Updated 10 months ago

OT students burnout. Why? - 4 Replies

I've been reading posts in this forum and found that many OT students get burnout while they're in school. I was wondering why. Here are some of my...

Konch in Spokane, Washington

Updated 10 months ago

What else can I do with an OT degree? - 2 Replies

Hello! I have a bachelors and will have a masters soon in OT. I have a problem though, I hate everything about it. I have never liked the idea of...

NewGradOT in Fayetteville, Pennsylvania

Updated 10 months ago

Home Health OT ADVICE? - 1 Reply

Hey y'all. I'm interested in getting into Home Health OT, but I don't have any experience in that area. Can someone answer a few questions (based...

24 years in OT in San Francisco, California

Updated 10 months ago

OT in acute care hospital setting - 46 Replies

I'm a new grad and have been working in acute care hospital as an OT for about 1 year. I've become increasingly frustrated with this setting, and OT...

Goobers86 in New York

Advice on applying to OT schools in NY

Hey all! I'm about to begin my final college semester (FINALY!), and with that comes the scary process of getting my applications done for...

anticuti in Brentwood, California

Updated 11 months ago

Any OTs graduated from Sydney, Australia? - 5 Replies

please contact me. Sincere thanks...

dlawson27 in Ann Arbor, Michigan

Updated 12 months ago

Need some advice - shadowing/volunteering issues - 3 Replies

Hi, I am thinking of making a career switch from finance to either PT or OT, they seem to fit me much better. I shadowed a couple of years ago but...

Neal in Denver, Colorado

Updated 12 months ago

What are my chances? - 4 Replies

What are my chances of getting into a good MOT program? GPA: 3.7 Pre-req GPA: 3.9 Volunteer hrs: ~200 GRE: 1200 Mediocre recommendations (I say...

csn0803 in Irvine, California

Can OTs work 12-hour-shifts/3 days a week like RNs?

When it comes to working hours, I always thought I'd rather work 12-hour-shifts/3 days a week like RN's rather than 8-9 hour shifts/5 days a week. Is...

OTinHI in Honokaa, Hawaii

Updated 12 months ago

How much do Occupational Therapist actually earn? - 17 Replies

I have been looking into OT and I have a hard time grasping how much an OT can expect to earn. At this point I think it is false that an OT earns 90...

Martens in Tampa, Florida

Updated 12 months ago

PT VS OT battles - 2 Replies

I have been considering going into OT for awhile now. Recently, I was speaking to a friend's mom, who had actually been a COTA before she retired. ...

JVfromTexas in Mckinney, Texas

Any Occupational Therapists in Mckinney or Allen Texas willing to accept a student observer?

I've been searching for a few weeks now and have constantly reached dead ends. I would be grateful if there are any occupational therapists in...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.