Occupational Therapist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (901) - Start a Discussion

mas922 in Grand Rapids, Michigan

Switching careers?

Hi everyone, I am not an OTR but a COTA, I'm just looking for input and advice. I have been a COTA for less than 5 years but cannot stand working...

BRE BRE 2284 in Boynton Beach, Florida

Updated 15 months ago

SKYPE Study partner needed for NBCOT - 1 Reply

I'm taking the test on July 1st. I'd love to SKYPE study with someone. I'm in the Pacific Time Zone... Please get in touch if interested.

Isaac in California

Updated 16 months ago

Occupational Therapist, is it a rewarding career? - 98 Replies

I am looking for a career change, I would like to know, is occupational therapist career worth pursuing for the masters program? Please feel free to...

Isaac in California

Updated 16 months ago

Any OT's who actually like their job? - 349 Replies

I have read a lot of negatives and complaints about the field, but I would like to hear from people who actually enjoy being an OT. Why do you enjoy...

Isaac in California

Updated 16 months ago

The Costs of Becoming an OT - 16 Replies

For those of you currently in OT masters programs or have recently graduated, is it worth it? I'm pretty sure I want to be an OT, as I've jumped...

Isaac in California

Updated 16 months ago

How do I work as an OT in USA - 14 Replies

Hi, I know that OT is one of the fastest growing jobs in the USA. I would like to know is there any foreign trained OT here as I would like to know...

Isaac in California

Updated 16 months ago

Looking for some career changing advice - 4 Replies

Im 34 and work as an analyst making $87k a year. However, i am tired of sitting at a desk and working on a computer by myself all day long. I...

Isaac in Ventura, California

Updated 16 months ago

Dilemma about whether or not to stay in OT school - 15 Replies

So I'm in my second semester of grad school to get my masters in OT. Since the beginning I've had second thoughts about whether or not this field is...

Stevie Kong in Edmonton, Alberta

Is that hard to find OT jobs in Alberta for new grads with few experience in this field?

I almost finished my first year of OT graduate

Isaac in Van Nuys, California

Updated 16 months ago

How easy is it for a new graduate to get an entry-level OT job? - 4 Replies

Hi, I am currently a second year occupational therapy graduate student at Samuel Merritt University. I was wondering how easy is it to get a job...

Mingogo in Buffalo, New York

OTR Salaries in Mental Health /Psychiatric settings?

I'm completing my level II rotations, and seemed to have found a love for the mental health setting in my psychiatric hospital placement. I'm having...

Marina in California

Updated 16 months ago

OTR & COTA mothers I really need some advice - 6 Replies

I am having an extremely difficult time making a decision on OT school due to a unique set of circumstances and could really use some advice from...

hopeful occupationaltherapist2 in brockville, Ontario

Updated 16 months ago

Failing level I fieldwork? - 4 Replies

I just completed my first level I fieldwork rotation and it was an epic fail. I felt totally unprepared for all of the homework and responsibilities...

OT wannabe in Woodstock, Georgia

OT from OTA or going back to school?

Hello everyone, I have not posted here yet but have been following the boards for quite some time. I need guidance from people with experience in...

Bkc in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 17 months ago

Help required about OT licensure in NY for Foreign Graduate from India - 1 Reply

Hello all: I am a US Citizen and have Occupational Therapy Bachelors Degree from Bombay University, India. I am also OTR from NBCOT and currently...

OTgirl25 in Tampa, Florida

OT salary in miami

Anyone knows how much can an OT earn per hour working at a SNF setting in Miami as a new grad? Thanks

OTgirl25 in Tampa, Florida

Home health cons and pros, salary in southwest fl

Hello :) Im interested in working in HH but i have a few questions in regards to salary. I know most HH agencies pay you per visit ( usually more...

Mental Health OT in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 17 months ago

Recreational Therapy in OT? - 4 Replies

I am wondering if recreational therapy is at all a part of the OT discipline? I like the idea of introducing activities and hobbies to people in...

Ed in Manassas, Virginia

Updated 17 months ago

Looking for advice from anyone who recently passed the NBCOT - 2 Replies

Hi, Ive been out of OT school now for almost 3 years, but have never taken the boards... Which tools did you use to help study and pass the...

E Mac75 in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 17 months ago

Would I even be looked at by OT programs? - 15 Replies

I am a 27 year old that has been working as a CNA for the past couple years and I have a bachelors from Ohio State. I am currently signed up to take...

Chasedream in Orlando, Florida

Updated 17 months ago

How difficult is Occupational Therapy School? - 55 Replies

Hello I am 20 years old and I plan on getting a master's degree in occupational therapy. At first I had planned on getting an associate's degree and...

OTR in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 19 months ago

PRN Rates in California - 2 Replies

Hi, I'm an OT moving to Southern California this summer and am wondering what the current PRN rates look like for work in SNFs. I make $55/hour as a...

anticuti in Brentwood, California

Updated 19 months ago

Any online M.A./M.S. occupational therapy degrees for entry-level??? - 9 Replies

Hi all, I am considering doing SLP or OT as is the title question of this forum. Here is my background: I have a double major in Spanish/English,...

ebauburn11 in Auburn, Alabama

OT, RN, or SLP?

Hey all, I'm currently a freshman in college looking into possible career paths. I am a pre-nursing student, but all the BSN programs I seem to be...

MOT student in White River Junction, Vermont

Updated 19 months ago

Military OT - 4 Replies

I'm starting OT school in the fall and I'm a little concerned about the debt I'll have upon graduation. I know each branch of the military has a form...

mchurchill in Racine, Wisconsin

Preparing for interviews for school jobs

So after nearly 6 years working primarily in geriatrics in snfs and home health, I am looking to get into the schools and have 2 interviews coming...

OTAllOver in San Diego, California

OTs in Seattle, WA

Hi all- Considering a move from California to Seattle, WA... Anyone currently working there able to answer the following questions: 1. How long...

logan1323 in Jefferson City, Missouri

Independent Contracting Help (In the School System)

Any advice on independent contracting in the school systems? What are the steps to take as far as Medicaid billing.. Do I need to sign up with the...

anticuti in Brentwood, California

Updated 20 months ago

BSOT from WFOT accredited school in the Philippines - 1 Reply

Hi. I'm a U.S. and Filipino citizen currently finishing my BS degree in OT and planning to take the PH board exam. I've browsed around WFOT and AOTA...

HopeSolo in New York, New York

Updated 20 months ago

York College OT program bs/ms - 18 Replies

Has anyone went to this school, or applied? what is the info about this schools, any reviews? It seems like some unknown school with OT program

Meadow

Updated 21 months ago

After years as an OT, are you happy with your decision? - 19 Replies

I've been out of undergrad for 5 years and have a lot of experience teaching and working with young children, but wasn't crazy about the classroom...

gstoner in Troy, Alabama

Updated 21 months ago

Paying For Grad School (Occupational Therapy) - 33 Replies

Hey, Im a senior and looking into going to grad school for occupational therapy. I have heard that there are a lot of companies and organizations...

Eddie in New York, New York

Updated 22 months ago

Need suggestions on NBCOT Exam and Therapyed Course. ..Please !! - 9 Replies

Hi All, I got approved for IOTED, just have to give TOEFL to complete their processing so that they send me ATT. Few questions- 1) What are best...

Eddiebee in San Jose, California

Updated 22 months ago

AOTA/NBCOT Study Prep - 7 Replies

Has anyone purchased the AOTA/NBCOT exam prep software? If so, what are your comments on it?

Updated 22 months ago

Selling books - 6 Replies

Hi everyone, Selling these, used them to pass the NBCOT. Reply if interested, negotiable. $50 + shipping Therapy ed study guide 6th ed. and...

Updated 22 months ago

NBCOT OTED Eligibility for Category B - 46 Replies

Hello, I started OTED evaluation in 2009 but wasn't able to complete it, so that they could have sent me ATT letter. Now NBCOT is saying that my...

Updated 22 months ago

Selling entire HUGE study set for NBCOT-OTR - 3 Replies

I passed and I am done so I am selling ALL of the following for $120 TOTAL: 1. 6th edition Therapy Ed Guide with CD- no marks- retails for $100 2....

Brett Dunbar in Flemington, New Jersey

Updated 22 months ago

Night time OTs - 2 Replies

I wanted to know if occupational therapist also had positions where they work at night. All of the forums and shadowing alludes to only day time...

bstrng in Charleston, South Carolina

OT jobs metro detroit

Hello, Can anyone comment on pay for acute care in Metro Detroit MI? Specifically Henry Ford, DMC or St. Johns. I will be starting out my FWII and...

Win Phoenix in Bangalore, India

Updated 22 months ago

Teaching vs. Occupational therapy as a career - 2 Replies

I am just curious if anyone has ever been a teacher and then switched to occupational therapy or vice versa? If so, how do the two compare?...

Win Phoenix in Bangalore, India

Updated 22 months ago

Staffing Agencies , which ones are good based on your experience? - 1 Reply

Which occupational therapy staffing agencies are good ? Im a new grad and confused as to which one to go with

tideshy in Azusa, California

Reason for getting a post-professional OTD?

I'm currently finishing up my master's in OT and am contemplating about whether or not it's worth getting an OTD. Sure it'll be a financial burden...

FelipeOT in Sacramento, California

Updated 23 months ago

OT with a learning disability - 1 Reply

Hi Everyone, I've heard that doctors can't get hired for some jobs (specifically with the US government) if they have a learning disability like...

Sandiphete

Has anyone successfully transitioned to a new career?

Help! I have been an OT for 20 years, and in that time the profession has changed drastically. I am fed up with greedy companies that only see my...

Antmart in Bronx, New York

Updated 23 months ago

NYC jobs: work vs cost of living. - 1 Reply

I'm a frequent traveling cota who is looking to move to the NYC to do either a contract or a perm position. I'd love to hear from any NYC cotas on...

tideshy in San Jose, California

OT in the Air Force Reserves?

Has anyone joined the US Air Force Reserves as an occupational therapist before? I'd like to know the pros and cons of joining. How's the climate...

ST in Acton, Massachusetts

assisted living

Have you ever worked as an OT in an assisted living? Was it a good job? Benefits? Drawbacks? Thanks so much for your input!

Teacher Laura in Seattle

Becoming an OT with Arthritis Pain

Hello Everyone! I have a degree in child development, and looking to do my masters in OT. However, I'm wondering if it's not a good fit for me as...

Gordon G in Stone Mountain, Georgia

Make some extra cash

http://GetPaid4duty.com/?rid=37143

Cota to ot in Walden, New York

Updated 24 months ago

OTs vs OTAs in SNFs - 23 Replies

Hello all, I'm a psych undergrad student who is thinking about pursuing OT as a career. I've read alot of the comments from OTs who dislike...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.