Occupational Therapist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (880) - Start a Discussion

otbellyd in Dallas, Texas

Updated 11 months ago

OT burnout and need of a change in career - 1 Reply

I have been a pediatric occupational therapist for eight years now and I am burned out. I have worked for several companies with little appreciation...

Eddie in New York, New York

Updated 12 months ago

Need suggestions on NBCOT Exam and Therapyed Course. ..Please !! - 9 Replies

Hi All, I got approved for IOTED, just have to give TOEFL to complete their processing so that they send me ATT. Few questions- 1) What are best...

Eddiebee in San Jose, California

Updated 12 months ago

AOTA/NBCOT Study Prep - 7 Replies

Has anyone purchased the AOTA/NBCOT exam prep software? If so, what are your comments on it?

Updated 12 months ago

Selling books - 6 Replies

Hi everyone, Selling these, used them to pass the NBCOT. Reply if interested, negotiable. $50 + shipping Therapy ed study guide 6th ed. and...

Updated 12 months ago

NBCOT OTED Eligibility for Category B - 46 Replies

Hello, I started OTED evaluation in 2009 but wasn't able to complete it, so that they could have sent me ATT letter. Now NBCOT is saying that my...

Updated 12 months ago

Selling entire HUGE study set for NBCOT-OTR - 3 Replies

I passed and I am done so I am selling ALL of the following for $120 TOTAL: 1. 6th edition Therapy Ed Guide with CD- no marks- retails for $100 2....

Brett Dunbar in Flemington, New Jersey

Updated 12 months ago

Night time OTs - 2 Replies

I wanted to know if occupational therapist also had positions where they work at night. All of the forums and shadowing alludes to only day time...

bstrng in Charleston, South Carolina

OT jobs metro detroit

Hello, Can anyone comment on pay for acute care in Metro Detroit MI? Specifically Henry Ford, DMC or St. Johns. I will be starting out my FWII and...

Davey in Austin, Texas

Updated 12 months ago

ot saturation in texas - 3 Replies

I moved to Texas from out of state.I have seen that getting an occupational therapist job is difficult in Texas.Has anyone noticed it? Pay is also...

Win Phoenix in Bangalore, India

Updated 12 months ago

Teaching vs. Occupational therapy as a career - 2 Replies

I am just curious if anyone has ever been a teacher and then switched to occupational therapy or vice versa? If so, how do the two compare?...

Win Phoenix in Bangalore, India

Updated 12 months ago

Staffing Agencies , which ones are good based on your experience? - 1 Reply

Which occupational therapy staffing agencies are good ? Im a new grad and confused as to which one to go with

tideshy in Azusa, California

Reason for getting a post-professional OTD?

I'm currently finishing up my master's in OT and am contemplating about whether or not it's worth getting an OTD. Sure it'll be a financial burden...

FelipeOT in Sacramento, California

Updated 13 months ago

OT with a learning disability - 1 Reply

Hi Everyone, I've heard that doctors can't get hired for some jobs (specifically with the US government) if they have a learning disability like...

Sandiphete

Has anyone successfully transitioned to a new career?

Help! I have been an OT for 20 years, and in that time the profession has changed drastically. I am fed up with greedy companies that only see my...

Antmart in Bronx, New York

Updated 13 months ago

NYC jobs: work vs cost of living. - 1 Reply

I'm a frequent traveling cota who is looking to move to the NYC to do either a contract or a perm position. I'd love to hear from any NYC cotas on...

tideshy in San Jose, California

OT in the Air Force Reserves?

Has anyone joined the US Air Force Reserves as an occupational therapist before? I'd like to know the pros and cons of joining. How's the climate...

ST in Acton, Massachusetts

assisted living

Have you ever worked as an OT in an assisted living? Was it a good job? Benefits? Drawbacks? Thanks so much for your input!

Teacher Laura in Seattle

Becoming an OT with Arthritis Pain

Hello Everyone! I have a degree in child development, and looking to do my masters in OT. However, I'm wondering if it's not a good fit for me as...

Gordon G in Stone Mountain, Georgia

Make some extra cash

http://GetPaid4duty.com/?rid=37143

Cota to ot in Walden, New York

Updated 14 months ago

OTs vs OTAs in SNFs - 23 Replies

Hello all, I'm a psych undergrad student who is thinking about pursuing OT as a career. I've read alot of the comments from OTs who dislike...

FutureOT in Mississauga, Ontario

Occupational Therapy job market in Toronto, Ontario?

Hi all, Been shadowing OT profession, and it does seem as a fun and exciting career and something I am looking to pursue. Despite all positive...

Pourya

International Bachelor degree in occupational therapy

Hello,I have International Bachelor degree in occupational therapy and came to USA.I am really confused with the situation here. What is my options?...

Chanis19 in Bronx, New York

O.T: Certified in 5 years??

Hey, I'm interested in Occupational Therapy, and i would love to hear what it's like on a daily basis. I plan on shadowing an Occupational Therapist...

smrtcookie in New Baltimore, Michigan

Updated 14 months ago

OT in acute care hospital setting - 47 Replies

I'm a new grad and have been working in acute care hospital as an OT for about 1 year. I've become increasingly frustrated with this setting, and OT...

MollyMae in New York, New York

What to look for in a job (real advice) as a new practitioner/first job?

I am looking for advice about what to consider when looking at jobs as a new practitioner. I have #1 asked about mentorship and received several...

Long time OT in Torrance, California

How do I get pediatric experience?

I've been working as an OT in the SNF setting for 10 years. I'm starting to feel the burn out and I'm looking to switch settings. I've looked at...

dcb1101 in Mobile, Alabama

Pre-OT, confused about which program and whatnot

I am currently a Pre-OT student. My undergrad will be in cardiorespiratory care (to be an RRT, respiratory therapist). I've already looked at...

Cheyenne McErquiaga in Boise, Idaho

Updated 15 months ago

Please, I would like help deciding between OTA and OT - 3 Replies

I'm 30 years old with a family. I already work as a PCT and want to advance myself. I have 42 liberal arts/science credits. I'm really interested...

Erica B in Newark, New Jersey

Make a few extra dollars online!

http://Job4Living.com/?ref=67048

Batstone in Los Angeles, California

OT volunteer opportunities in Pediatrics, Assistive Technology and Hand Therapy.

I am currently considering a change in my area of practice from having worked with adults in acute care and Skilled nursing facilities. I am...

Jenny44 in Norwich, Connecticut

What is a good undergrad choice for Occupational Therapy

I really need some advice about what is a good choice for an undergrad degree for Occupational Therapy. I know most people pick a Psychology degree...

Hopefulot123 in Buckeye, Arizona

Worried about criminal background check

So my background check was clear for all my clinical s and I just finished OT school but I'm nervous about nbcot and licensure. I have drug charges...

info@*****.*** in Hyannis, Massachusetts

Updated 15 months ago

please answer this. How practical do you have to be to excel at OT - 1 Reply

Hello everyone I've been working on prerequisites for almost a year with the hopes of getting into an OT school and I've been doing pretty well in...

OTR in Austin, Texas

Updated 15 months ago

OT salary in southern California - 6 Replies

So I'm looking up salaries in Southern California, and it seems like all the search results vary. When I look it up on indeed, for example, it tells...

healthcareworker15 in Bronx, New York

Is OT a possibility with my GPA? Could really use some advice...

I'm in NY. I'm considering two OT schools. One of them is private (Touro College) and they look at both your overall GPA and your science GPA. Both...

OTtobe in Denver, Colorado

Career paths for OT's that don't involve direct patient care?

I was wondering if there are any career options for OT's that don't involve direct patient care, in case I ever get burned out later in my career. I...

OTgradstudent in Greenville, South Carolina

Updated 16 months ago

OT school why SOOO much group work? - 3 Replies

I just started an MSOT program which isn't well known but has an adequate reputation for good clinicals and practical experience. I am a male and my...

Ncarpend in Grand Junction, Colorado

Online schooling information

Hi all- Ive been doing a lot of research on different programs and need some advice! I have a Bachelors of Science degree in Environmental Science...

OTR in Austin, Texas

Updated 16 months ago

Both an OT and PT? - 9 Replies

Hi everyone! I'm curious to know the schooling, accurate job description, and salary of both an OT and PT. Which do you find more rewarding and why?...

oksure@*****.*** in Okotoks, Alberta

Updated 16 months ago

Education for a Degree in Occupational Therapy - 6 Replies

I am currently in community college and planning to pursue a Master's in OT. The university I plan on transferring to (before transferring to the...

Bob in Palm Desert, California

Updated 16 months ago

Do I have a chance? - 1 Reply

Hello, I am applying to the Loma Linda OT entry-level masters program next year and was wondering if I have a shot and would love any advice....

SLB in Laredo, Texas

Updated 17 months ago

Failed Fieldwork II/ Plans for the future - 3 Replies

I was terminated from fieldwork II about 2 months ago, which automatically terminated me from the OT program. I am appealing my grade and the...

Jennifer in Verona, Wisconsin

Updated 17 months ago

Canadian trained OT relocating to USA - 5 Replies

I am a new graduate Canadian trained OT that is interested in relocating to work in the USA. I am in the process of preparing to write the NBCOT exam...

KParks in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

From OTA (Occupational Therapy Assistant ) to PA (Physician's Assistant)

I am currently pursuing my associates and in a 16 month program to become an OTA. I originally planned to continue my education afterwards and go all...

kgprospot in Smithtown, New York

Updated 17 months ago

do you think I have a shot? - 10 Replies

Hello. I am applying to start OT school in 2016. Do you think I have a shot at getting in? Undergrad: BS Chemistry from SUNY Stony Brook GPA:...

OTR in Austin, Texas

Updated 17 months ago

PRN - SNFs or ADHCs in Los Angeles - 1 Reply

Hi, I used to live in L.A. and worked mostly PRN in SNFs and ADHCs but have been gone for about 10 years. I'm planning a move back that way and...

OTR in Austin, Texas

Updated 17 months ago

Inidvidual Contracting OTR hiring another OTR - 1 Reply

I am an OTR and have an individual contract with TMHP-Traditional Medicaid. Does anyone know if I am able to hire another OTR to work under me? It...

Maeve in New York

Updated 17 months ago

OTA...Is it worth it? - 4 Replies

I'm going to be a senior in high school in the fall, and I'll be applying to colleges. I was thinking about going to a community college and getting...

Leilastin in Saint Petersburg, Florida

Updated 17 months ago

New COTA graduate question - 2 Replies

Hi I am a new grad in Florida and am recently certified and licensed as an OTA. This is a second career for me. I also have a bachelor's degree...

STHERE in Morristown, New Jersey

How do you get into hand therapy?

I am trying to find a paid mentorship in hand therapy. I may have an interview with Novacare in Philly. Is there any other places worth calling in...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.