Occupational Therapist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (772) - Start a Discussion

amjadjamal in scranton, Pennsylvania

Occupational Therapy Salary Discussion

Since there is no new discussion out there, neither are there any official UPDATED data...hows it looking for OTs? Which is the best place setting...

Carolina Girl in West Columbia, South Carolina

Updated 10 months ago

Typical Undergraduate Degrees Earned - 1 Reply

I am starting school in the fall. I am sure that I want to become a Occupational therapist. I am not sure on what undergraduate to pursue. I have a...

Carolina Girl in West Columbia, South Carolina

OT SOUTH CAROLINA NBCOT limit

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA HAS A LIMIT ON HOW MANY TIMES YOU CAN TAKE THE NBCOT?

gino in Irvine, California

Updated 10 months ago

Calling Current OTs and Student MOTs, I need your advice please. - 11 Replies

Hi everyone, Thanks so much for reading my post. I basically need some advice/suggestions/your 2 cents about my situation. I just got accepted to...

simOTR_L in New York, New York

Relocating

Hi, I wanted to get some insight into the OT environment in California (visited LA and absolutely LOVED it!) vs Florida (someone was recently...

youreabum in California

Updated 10 months ago

Recent graduate with a Master's in School Counseling...Am I crazy for considering going back for OT? - 3 Replies

I graduated with my Master's in School Counseling in January 2012. Unfortunately, I've been laughed out of schools because the license is on a...

youreabum in California

Updated 10 months ago

Not happy - 68 Replies

I am miserable. I graduated last year w/ my associates in OT. I have been a COTA for a year now, and I absolutely hate it. I work in a snf, and I...

OTR in Austin, Texas

PRN - SNFs or ADHCs in Los Angeles

Hi, I used to live in L.A. and worked mostly PRN in SNFs and ADHCs but have been gone for about 10 years. I'm planning a move back that way and...

OTR in Austin in Austin, Texas

Updated 10 months ago

ot saturation in texas - 2 Replies

I moved to Texas from out of state.I have seen that getting an occupational therapist job is difficult in Texas.Has anyone noticed it? Pay is also...

Tina85 in New York

Updated 10 months ago

OT's in Acute Rehab - 1 Reply

Any OT's/OTA's/OT FW students who are in acute rehab? What types of interventions do you do? Is it all showers? I currently work in acute...

Tina85 in New York

OT Continuing Education Courses?

Hi I'm an OT working in an adult inpatient acute rehab unit and also an acute care unit where I see a lot of different diagnoses (hip/knee...

Tracy in San Jose, California

Updated 11 months ago

What is the OT program like at SJSU? - 2 Replies

Hi, I've been accepted into the entry level masters program at SJSU for fall 2014. I'm excited about attending and want to prepare the best I can....

Krandall190 in Bristol, Rhode Island

Gap year work experience- Pre-OT Program

Hello everyone! I am currently hoping to attend an occupational therapy program in the near future. Come this May, I will have a Bachelor's in...

HopefulOT in Buffalo, New York

Updated 11 months ago

Summer Undergraduate - 1 Reply

To become an Occupational Therapist what would you recommend that I do during my summers? Currently, I'm an undergraduate psychology major at Pomona...

Kelly in Oakville, Ontario

Updated 11 months ago

Returning to OT after almost 20 years! - 1 Reply

Hello!! I was an OT (in a previous life!), raised and home schooled 4 kids, took care of my elderly parents, and now, many years later, would love...

COTA guy in Auburn, Washington

Updated 11 months ago

Careers othe rthan OT - 298 Replies

Anyone ever leave the OT field? If so, what did aor are you doing now? I get frustrated with the field sometimes and feel I need a career change....

Nasj

Updated 11 months ago

loans - 19 Replies

[QUOTE who="Gee and OT in Santa Cruz, California"]Ok so I just got into private also. Has no one even called the govt on loan repayment here's the...

NewOT33 in Sacramento, California

Updated 11 months ago

Just failed Level II FW...I need help! - 4 Replies

I just failed my 1st Level II FW yesterday. I still can't believe this happened to me and I'm getting into a lot of trouble. It sounds like a joke...

OTstbOTR in Maryland

AOTA board prep

Does anyone know how many people can log on under the board prep at the same time? I am interested in purchasing the course and splitting the cost...

Karen James02 in San jose, California

Changing OT field from mental health to acute inpt phys dys

The mental health unit I worked at for years closed, so I took a job on an inpt acute unit at a hospital. I am seeing Clients who have had strokes,...

Kylie in Charleston, South Carolina

Updated 11 months ago

Working in USA as foreigner - 1 Reply

Hello, I am from South Africa and I'm struggling to find out the requirements to work in the US. Also the time of year doesnt help :) I have...

Daniellla in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 11 months ago

How is the OT field in the UK? - 2 Replies

I would love to move abroad for at least a couple of years, specifically to London. I have completed my program and currently studying for the...

Ali in Welland, Ontario

Updated 11 months ago

New Grad - 4 Replies

Hello! I am a new grad and officially an OTR/L. I have been working around 3 months now and I am fast approaching my 90 days probation period. I am...

ginn in Watsonville, California

Updated 11 months ago

Obamacare - job cuts? salary cuts? - 4 Replies

Is it just me, or has anyone else had trouble finding work as an OT lately? I'm getting really frustrated. Part of why I went into this field is that...

amyOT in Syracuse, New York

Is continued registration with NCBOT really necessary?

I have been an OT for 25+ years. When I was initially passed the registration exam, this credential was considered by NCBOT to be "lifetime"...

hafsarah in Farmington, Michigan

Failed Fieldwork II/ Plans for the future

I was terminated from fieldwork II about 2 months ago, which automatically terminated me from the OT program. I am appealing my grade and the...

1mollyc in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 12 months ago

Occupational Therapist, is it a rewarding career? - 100 Replies

I am looking for a career change, I would like to know, is occupational therapist career worth pursuing for the masters program? Please feel free to...

tjfrech in Manhattan, Illinois

Updated 12 months ago

AOTA/NBCOT Study Prep - 1 Reply

Has anyone purchased the AOTA/NBCOT exam prep software? If so, what are your comments on it?

2Lefit2Quit in Fort Myers, Florida

Updated 12 months ago

Did anyone do the OT program at Adventist University of Health Sciences in Orlando FL? - 2 Replies

Hey awesome OT people on indeed, (I enjoy reading the wealth of knowledge from you all) I was thinking of attending the OT program at Adventist...

Sgirl interested in OT in Jacksonville, Florida

Updated 12 months ago

Where are all the full time OT jobs? - 2 Replies

I'm very interested in OT but just out of curiosity, I have been looking at job openings in OT. I noticed a disterbing trend- it seems most places...

Sgirl interested in OT in Jacksonville, Florida

Getting a Scholarship from a Company/Organization for OT school

I was looking at a scholarship program for OTs, PTs, and speech therapists at a hospital in southern Florida. They say that they can give...

CherOT in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Updated 12 months ago

Hand Therapist??? - 23 Replies

Hey guys! I'm moving into my last year of a BS/MS program and was wondering if anyone has advice on how to become a hand therapist. I know you only...

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

Updated 12 months ago

Per diem?? - 1 Reply

Can you make a full-time career out of per diem work? It seems like many places, especially SNFs, are constantly seeking per diem therapists. It...

Celeste M in Berkeley, California

Updated 12 months ago

Requirements for MOT - 1 Reply

Okay super freaking out here. I'm a junior in college and at the start of college, I talked with an advisor and I told her I wanted to become an...

OTR in Austin, Texas

Updated 12 months ago

Men working in inpatient settings - 2 Replies

I need to select my fieldwork settings in the upcoming year. I enjoy the inpatient setting, but I'm greatly concerned about whether female clients...

nifekeci in Ashiharacho, Japan

Is 3.0 to 3.4 GPA good enough for occupational therapy program?

I messed up badly during my freshman year of college I'm working really hard and managed to raise my GPA during sophomore year (which just...

Soon to be OT in Davis, California

Updated 12 months ago

USC vs. San Jose State - 3 Replies

Hi, I'm going to start next year in graduate school for OT, and I got into San Jose State as well as USC with a scholarship, so that it costs me...

beestrng in West Bloomfield, Michigan

OT salary/pay

Can anybody comment on the starting pay for OT's in Metro Detroit? Hospital specific like HFHS etc. How about the local rehab agencies like...

20somethinggal in Winter Springs, Florida

Updated 12 months ago

If you are an OT, OTA or Student what would you do? - 55 Replies

Hello - I have a dilemma and would love some advice from any seasoned OTs, OTAs and current students. I am trying to decide if I should complete...

sarah in San Francisco, California

Less competitive OT programs?

I was wondering if anyone has some good information about which OT masters programs might be less competitive than others? I've been looking for...

OTR in Austin, Texas

Updated 13 months ago

What do OT's have to be comfortable doing? - 1 Reply

So I am thinking about going to school to be an OTA but I have heard that I might have to do some uncomfortable things in this field. For example,...

OTR in Austin, Texas

Updated 13 months ago

Why does the NBCOT exam cost $500 (for Occupational Therapists) but the FSBPT only costs $370 (for Physical Therapists)? - 1 Reply

Do you think OTs are getting ripped off when it comes to paying to take the exam? Why is the OT exam significantly higher of the three main rehab...

OTR in Austin, Texas

Updated 13 months ago

I need your advice about how to choose OT university! - 1 Reply

I will be moving to the Bay in CA. Is it better to study in San Jose or other university with 31+ rank (is it important when looking for a job?) or...

OTR in Austin, Texas

Updated 13 months ago

Getting recommendations from OT's - 3 Replies

What is the best route to getting a recommendation from an OT? I feel like since I am "observing" they really don't get to know me or my strengths...

OTR in Austin, Texas

Updated 13 months ago

OT vs COTA - 1 Reply

I know questions like this have been posted before. I am 22 and recently graduated (this past Saturday)with my BS in Health Education NTC. I...

OT in Austin, Texas

Updated 13 months ago

OT in NYC - 1 Reply

I'm currently an OTR in San Diego, looking to make a big cross country move to New York City. Does anyone have any insights into how difficult it is...

HopefulOT in Brooklyn, New York

Question for Columbia OT Students!

Hi, I'm applying to the Columbia program and I read that there's a research part in the curriculum. Can anyone tell me more about it?? Thanks!

simza91 in Florida

Updated 13 months ago

Do I have a shot at this? - 3 Replies

Hi all! I have been looking into OT for quite some time now and am looking to apply to a masters program. Although I am hearing it is getting more...

OT in Cape Town, South Africa

Updated 13 months ago

Preparation for OTR exam - 2 Replies

Hi, I am looking for a study partner to prepare for the OTR exam, am a full time mom so time is so precious, its hard for me to have a set time to...

Lorne in Toronto, Ontario

OT masters degree programs that favor non-traditional students

Hi all. I've decided to make a mid-life career change after working for many years as a personal trainer, health educator and community college...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.