Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

confusedgirl33 in South Orange, New Jersey

22 months ago

I meant at

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Carina in Arlington, Virginia

19 months ago

Daisysnf in Auburn, Michigan said: I had a job waiting for me when I graduated. I have never dealt with any "smelly nursing homes." Good luck finding a job that fits your idea of a job that is capable of your imagination :)

What was the job you had waiting for you?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

MOTOROTD in Tampa, Florida

19 months ago

Is nursing more competitive to get into than OT? I think OT has become even more competitive these days now than it has been before. There's a local OTD program but there are also a lot of MOT programs to choose from. By 2025, OTD will be the requirement. It's also more expensive. I thought before it was 2022. I don't have a bachelor's yet. I was thinking of doing OTA-OT bridge, but I figured it'd be better go straight to OT. I just don't know whether to pursue MOT or OTD. I've also been hearing about the iffy job market, most of them being in SNF and the whole layout of PPS coming back.

Reply - Report abuse

Regret in California

11 months ago

I am in desperate need of advice. I was accepted into many OT programs years ago but I did not go because of finances. Well now I realize that this was the biggest mistake of my life. I need to retake all of my pretend and I am just so sick and sad about everything. I guess I just need reassurance. I am so sad about this.

Reply - Report abuse

Regret in California

11 months ago

Would you be willing to correspond about OT?

Reply - Report abuse

Mary Ellen in Chicago, Illinois

10 months ago

There is so much more to OT than you are thinking about including rehabilitation hospital, work hardening, outpatient facility, psychiatric hospital, childrens clinic, school. You don't have to give out adaptive equipment unless the patient had a hip replacement. You could use some of your manual skills as well. Lots of opportunity. ME

Melissa Moss in Madison, Wisconsin said: Thanks for asking that, I have similar questions. I was in manual therapies before but reached some dead ends there. So I want to learn more therapies in a stable profession. I have been looking into OT, the problem is, the only jobs I can ever find advertised are for Skilled Nursing facilities like nursing homes. I know for sure that this would bore me to death, as I hate nursing homes. Another thing is I don't think I would be very interested in adaptive devices as a primary focus of my energy with patients. I don't know if I would only want to work with people with disablities. With these two things in mind, am I getting this picture correct or am I way off base in regards to what is involved with this profession?

Reply - Report abuse

Whynotbehonest in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

9 months ago

I've done a lot of things in life that I regret but being an OT is probably number one on my list !

Reply - Report abuse

Marina in California

5 months ago

Whynotbehonest in Hoffman Estates, Illinois said: I've done a lot of things in life that I regret but being an OT is probably number one on my list !

This response really helped me

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.