The Best and Worst thing about Being an OT

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 257 of 257)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

OTCAL in sacramento, California

14 months ago

I agree with Atticus. The depictions of certain populations is atrocious.Can you imagine a mother of a child with autism coming across this video who does not know what OT is yet? Or how about someone who is overweight?

Why associate OT with a song that is originally crude (i.e., you would probably not want your 4 year old to listen to it-- re-read the lyrics if you do not understand what I am talking about to Sir Mix A lot, "I like Big Butts").

Please for the sake of our profession take this down. We have been working to establish a serious public identity as it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

confusedgirl33 in South Orange, New Jersey

11 months ago

I am not that physically strong so I wondered would I be suited for OT? I can barely lift some children...lol. I also have very small, weak hands and worry I won't be good to working in outpatient settings dealing with upper extremities. Do you think I should consider another field? Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

confusedgirl33 in South Orange, New Jersey

11 months ago

I meant at

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carina in Arlington, Virginia

8 months ago

Daisysnf in Auburn, Michigan said: I had a job waiting for me when I graduated. I have never dealt with any "smelly nursing homes." Good luck finding a job that fits your idea of a job that is capable of your imagination :)

What was the job you had waiting for you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MOTOROTD in Tampa, Florida

8 months ago

Is nursing more competitive to get into than OT? I think OT has become even more competitive these days now than it has been before. There's a local OTD program but there are also a lot of MOT programs to choose from. By 2025, OTD will be the requirement. It's also more expensive. I thought before it was 2022. I don't have a bachelor's yet. I was thinking of doing OTA-OT bridge, but I figured it'd be better go straight to OT. I just don't know whether to pursue MOT or OTD. I've also been hearing about the iffy job market, most of them being in SNF and the whole layout of PPS coming back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Regret in California

6 days ago

I am in desperate need of advice. I was accepted into many OT programs years ago but I did not go because of finances. Well now I realize that this was the biggest mistake of my life. I need to retake all of my pretend and I am just so sick and sad about everything. I guess I just need reassurance. I am so sad about this.

Regret in California

6 days ago

Would you be willing to correspond about OT?

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.