Change Occupational Therapy to another career, I done major requirements

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Lizbeth in San Diego, California

22 months ago

Hi,since San Jose State University discontinued the Bachelor’s degree program in occupational therapy, but I done already all the major requirements, and general education in a community college in order to transfer, I don't have more options for public universities here in California because SJSU is the only public school here in CA, I checked private Universities and the cost is too high for me, I don't want to ask for a loan since I heard many people in debt with around 70,000 to 100,000 for an OT school plus I need a bachelors to apply for a MTO, and I don't have it yet. I prefer find another career, where I can use this major requirements and general education, that I already done, even I can study just an Associate Degree, I would like something to help people and not a lot of science. Do you have a suggestion to another career, I done the major requirements for OT Anatomy, Physiology, Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Physics, Ceramics, plus all the General Education.
Please, help me I would like to hear other people if they are in the same situation. Hope to hear good ideas about that.
Thank you so much, any help that you can do for someone, sometimes it returns to you.
My Best wishes for everybody here in the forum, and the wisdom of God can help us to take good decisions in life that we will not regret in the future about that.
Just I want to say something, time changes, and nothing is always permanent, so even though we see that OT makes a lot or money and a lot of jobs, honestly it could change in time for the demand of graduates, we never know.
For many reasons I want to find another career do you have some ideas in mind with all the education that I done that I already mentioned?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jslinfla2 in Delray Beach, Florida

22 months ago

Try Speech Hearing and Language Sciences!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jslinfla2 in Delray Beach, Florida

22 months ago

There is a program at San Diego State University. See if Speech Hearing and Language Sciences is offered at San Jose State University too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MSG in Seaside, California

21 months ago

CSUDH is another public school in CA with OT program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ThatGirl07 in Apopka, Florida

20 months ago

I'm not encouraging you to go into debt but there are repayment and reimbursement options available for new OT grads and OT students. It will involve devoting your life 3 to 6 years to lower income clinics or serving in the military but it will take the edge off. Best of luck.

TC in Atlanta, Georgia

20 months ago

Where can I find these repayment/reimbursement options? I'm considerng a Masters in OT. Thanks.

ThatGirl07 in Apopka, Florida said: I'm not encouraging you to go into debt but there are repayment and reimbursement options available for new OT grads and OT students. It will involve devoting your life 3 to 6 years to lower income clinics or serving in the military but it will take the edge off. Best of luck.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.