Contract/travel therapy companies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

OTR in Machesney Park, Illinois

25 months ago

Could anyone please shed some light on the deal with staffing/travel/contract therapy companies? As a new grad, we all get endless calls regarding these 13 week positions... anyone care to share their experiences?? Good/bad/ugly, and possibly good/bad companies to work with? Thanks! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Chicago, Illinois

25 months ago

Hi OTR...I am a COTA currently working in IL for a contract company. I work locally in the Chicagoland suburbs and most of my assignments are 13 to 16 weeks in length. I would say there are more positives than negatives so far (1 year+)...full benefits for myself and my family, higher than average pay than regular staff therapists, and flexibility to choose my assignments in my area. Some negatives are having to work further from home if nothing closer is availble and kinda feeling like an outsider sometimes. But recent medicare changes that have eliminated group and concurrent therapy should open up more opportunities for therapy jobs as there will be more of a need. Hope that helps...I currently work for Jackson therapy partners and I like them. Another good company is Supplemental. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.