Dominican University of Calornia Question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

OT2BE in Chino, California

50 months ago

I am desperately in search of a student of former OT student from Dominican. I will be starting in the fall and I have so many questions and my resources are limited. It's such a small school and the website is not really meeting my need. So if anyone who attends or has attended the program would be willing to take some time to answer a few questions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Oops! * California

50 months ago

No one?

JJ in San Francisco, California

50 months ago

What are your questions?

50 months ago

OMG, where do I start? The school is so small, I haven't been able to contact a single person who attends or has attended the school for OT.I'm also not crazy about the three years or the tuition, but I love the area and there are only a couple of schools to choose from, both private. I'd like to know how the program is, the teachers, students, etc. Housing has been a huge pain and I was told by the housing director that they do not house graduate students. Well, I live in So Cal, and I'm just now learning how huge SF is and how tough the housing market is. All the ads I reply to are either scams or crazy people. So far, I'm not too happy with the school and their lack of resources. I'm hoping things change.

Guest in San Rafael, California

50 months ago

I don't have specific knowledge of teachers, classes, etc. but applied but didn't get in this year. I have lived in the area (San Rafael) for nearly 30 years and could lend you sound advice on off campus housing info, and general knowledge of the area. Let me know and I would be glad to help.

50 months ago

Aww I'm sorry to hear that. But, with the tuition, I'm not too excited about going.... haha! Not to mention it has been impossible to find housing and the school hasn't been very helpful. I'd appreciate absolutely any help. You can e-mail me at realuv10@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Guest in San Rafael, California

50 months ago

I also work with a number of graduates of the program, I can't speak for them, but I could point you in the right direction.

Amy 321 in Tracy, California

43 months ago

OT2BE,

I have the same question. I'll be attending this Fall. I have heard good and bad things about DU. I choose to focus on the positive. :) Every program has it's ups and downs, I'm just happy I got into to one of the 3 bay area schools. I am from the bay and I wanted to stay local. Have you heard from anyone else who has graduated from DU?

Guest in San Rafael,

Do you students who went there? Are they traditional students? Do they know about this site? I'd like to ask a few questions.

JJ,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can you tell me what year did you graduate? Do you know students who are currently in the program now?

OT2BE in San Francisco, California

42 months ago

Amy,

Go to the Student Doctor Network O.T.D. forum for more info about Dominican. I actually wound up attending.

ang in Hayward, California

31 months ago

Amy 321 in Tracy, California said: OT2BE,

I have the same question. I'll be attending this Fall. I have heard good and bad things about DU. I choose to focus on the positive. :) Every program has it's ups and downs, I'm just happy I got into to one of the 3 bay area schools. I am from the bay and I wanted to stay local. Have you heard from anyone else who has graduated from DU?

Guest in San Rafael,

Do you students who went there? Are they traditional students? Do they know about this site? I'd like to ask a few questions.

JJ,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can you tell me what year did you graduate? Do you know students who are currently in the program now?

Hi Amy!
Just curious to know how the Dominican program looks like. How was the admission process? are u attending? How does the schedule looks like?

Thanks

Ang

a in Turlock, California

31 months ago

OT2DB,
I am so glad i found this forum, I was just admitted into the OT program at dominican and I am so excited, anxious, and nervous all in one? Can you please fill be in on all the details that you were wondering because I am in the same position and would like to know some insight? How is the program so far? three years? tuition? housing? please help!

T in San Rafael, California

31 months ago

Ang and A. I am also a student at Dominican. Amy is in my cohort. Anyways feel free to email me with any questions softballje@aol.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.