Easy OT schools to get into

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (48)

Mon01 in Burbank, California

38 months ago

I am preparing to apply to CSUDH program this September and very nervous. I am taking Anatomy, Life-span psych(which repeating since its been more than 10yr) and Abnormal Psych this semester. My overall undergrad GPA is 3.8 so I am not worried about that, trying to get A's in prereqs also.

I am very nervous about GRE's, never done it before and will not be able to take it anytime before Summer. Any suggestions on doing good at GRE's?

Also, anyone studying at CSUDH, any pros or cons about the program? I am mainly concentrated on that school as it is most local and cheapest. USC will probably cost me 3 times more.

Any recomendations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

R. in Northridge, California

38 months ago

s322 in Laramie, Wyoming said: I was wondering if you you could help me figure out my chances of getting into the MOT programs at CSUDH and St. Ausgustine in SD. I have a little over a 3.2 GPA with a Kinesiology degree. I know this is not that great but I did a Division 1 sport all 4 yrs, and held mulitple school records, and I was wondering if this could help chances being an athlete for if it makes no difference. I got a 305 on the new GRE scoring system. I am planning on applying to approach to both these programs this summer,
Thanks!

What is you gre score equivalent to on the old score rating? If you go to the ets website, they have charts that give you ur equivalent "old score" based on your "new" score for each section.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Mon01 in Burbank, California said: I am preparing to apply to CSUDH program this September and very nervous. I am taking Anatomy, Life-span psych(which repeating since its been more than 10yr) and Abnormal Psych this semester. My overall undergrad GPA is 3.8 so I am not worried about that, trying to get A's in prereqs also.

I am very nervous about GRE's, never done it before and will not be able to take it anytime before Summer. Any suggestions on doing good at GRE's?

Also, anyone studying at CSUDH, any pros or cons about the program? I am mainly concentrated on that school as it is most local and cheapest. USC will probably cost me 3 times more.

Any recomendations?

Have you attended an info session yet? The info session will give you more of an idea of what the program is like. It's hard for me to give you a list of pros and cons because I have no other ot grad school experience to compare it to. I enjoy the program, but im sure it's not perfect. There is an emphasis on fieldwork experiences (you start fieldwork 1 during ur second semester and continue each semester til u reach your fieldwork 2). I know there are other schools that emphasize other aspects like research (dominican university).

Concerning your gre, use test guides to help you out. Also, you want to aim for above a 1000 to be on the safe side. Yes, I know the scoring changed recently, but just check the ets website for the equivalent score on their new testing scale. You have a good gpa, so that will work out in your favor incase your gre isn't 1000+. And csudh doesn't mind if you take the gre multiple times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

R. in Northridge, California said: Have you attended an info session yet? The info session will give you more of an idea of what the program is like. It's hard for me to give you a list of pros and cons because I have no other ot grad school experience to compare it to. I enjoy the program, but im sure it's not perfect. There is an emphasis on fieldwork experiences (you start fieldwork 1 during ur second semester and continue each semester til u reach your fieldwork 2). I know there are other schools that emphasize other aspects like research (dominican university).

Concerning your gre, use test guides to help you out. Also, you want to aim for above a 1000 to be on the safe side. Yes, I know the scoring changed recently, but just check the ets website for the equivalent score on their new testing scale. You have a good gpa, so that will work out in your favor incase your gre isn't 1000+. And csudh doesn't mind if you take the gre multiple times.

Hi T, I attended the info session on January 27 with Eric Hwang. He seemed pretty cool. I am hoping to do my GRE and observation hours in summer. The only subject that I will be doing in Fall is Physiology, but I am hoping that it will not be such a big problem.

Are you a first or second year student? Is your field work once a week after the first semester? I am terrified with the commute, but there is no other schools around here, and I can't move having family and children. Is the program really rigorous, the way they present it to you? What are your school hours like? and were you able to get the field work close to your home at least?

38 months ago

If the location next to your name is correct, then your commute will not be as bad as mine is right now. I drive 46 miles one way, much of it in traffic.

I am just a first year in my first semester. I personally do not think the academic work is extremely difficult. I'm not saying its a piece of cake, but for the most part it is manageable. There are very busy weeks and slower, more relaxed weeks however, I am not working and I do not have children to take care of at home. For people who have to juggle more on their plate, school work may be more difficult to manage. I know a few of our older cohort members tend to get more stressed ouT by the academic work than the younger students (I'm thinking because the older students have to readjust to being students again? And they tend to have more out of school obligations.)

FW I is once a week. And the coordinator does try to assign people to locations near-ish to them, but there may be some semesters where you will still have to drive a bit to your site. Right now we only have class three days a week, but I heard from the previous cohort that the rest of the semesters will keep you busy four days a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Thank you so much for your response. I feel a little better now. Although I feel that going back to school is more difficult now having younger children and family. Thankfully my family is understanding. I wish you best of luck in your studies! May be I will see you in school next year!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Holls in San Francisco, California

37 months ago

OTstudent in San Jose, California said: SJSU accepts 32 per year at 2.8 GPA minimum... and its an impacted program in the CSU system now as well so it truly is competitive (impacted means the min reqmts. are not enough to get in because they can look at additional criteria when considering applicants). Loma Linda has stricter requirements with a 3.0GPA and only accepts 30 students, but it is also a private university with a lot less students vying for spots. So if you have the money to go to Loma Linda it would probably be easier to get into (comparably)... I know that last year we had 350+ ppl apply at SJSU.

SJSU only requires that 2.8 gpa for the undergrad pogram. The masters program requires a 3.0 in the last 60 units of work.

Arian in Fair Oaks, California

37 months ago

SJSU is impacted. You needed a 3.7 to get admitted into SJSU undergraduate OT program this year. Go to SJSU, then to admissions, then to impaction info. It will tell you the minimum GPA to transfer into the program.

3.7 caught me by surprise because it was 2.8 last year.

jaime in chicago, not chelsea in Chelsea, Michigan

37 months ago

hi: I am in the same boat, I'm looking for school with a bachelor's to masters program that is relatively easy to get into. I've got two years behind me and 90 credits and I just interviewed at Chicago State University ( I'm currently attending) my gpa will be 3.5 or better by the time I finish this semester out.
does anyone know any easy ( e. g. simple) programs to get into so I can finish.
I've got alot of solid credits, I just want to get this show on the road.;

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

OT dude in Brooklyn, New York

36 months ago

Well..LIU in Brooklyn has a combined Bs/MS program...SO does York college in Queens..also there is Touro...as well as Stockton college in NJ..right now, there are now "easy" OT programs to get into..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christina10 in Hermosa Beach, California

35 months ago

Hi, does anyone know the gpa to be accepted to USC'S bachelor OT program this year? thanks!

jaime in Chicago in Troy, Michigan

35 months ago

I was accepted in to chicago state's program.... totally psyched.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in La Jolla, California

35 months ago

jaime in Chicago in Troy, Michigan said: I was accepted in to chicago state's program.... totally psyched.....

Jaime, what were your stats/GPA for gettinginto the chicago program? i plan to apply next year and would like to know what to expect! but anyway, congrats, that's a great accomplishment

Katie in Raleigh, North Carolina

34 months ago

Could anyone tell me their stats for the school they got accepted into!?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brittnee in Los Angeles, California

33 months ago

jaime in Chicago in Troy, Michigan said: I was accepted in to chicago state's program.... totally psyched.....

What was your GPA? i plan on applying there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

4.0 student in Bensenville, Illinois

27 months ago

Amanda in La Jolla, California said: Jaime, what were your stats/GPA for gettinginto the chicago program? i plan to apply next year and would like to know what to expect! but anyway, congrats, that's a great accomplishment

I had a 4.0. I'm transferring to another school. CSU's program is BAD NEWS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mon01 in Glendale, California

27 months ago

R. in Northridge, California said: If the location next to your name is correct, then your commute will not be as bad as mine is right now. I drive 46 miles one way, much of it in traffic.

I am just a first year in my first semester. I personally do not think the academic work is extremely difficult. I'm not saying its a piece of cake, but for the most part it is manageable. There are very busy weeks and slower, more relaxed weeks however, I am not working and I do not have children to take care of at home. For people who have to juggle more on their plate, school work may be more difficult to manage. I know a few of our older cohort members tend to get more stressed ouT by the academic work than the younger students (I'm thinking because the older students have to readjust to being students again? And they tend to have more out of school obligations.)

FW I is once a week. And the coordinator does try to assign people to locations near-ish to them, but there may be some semesters where you will still have to drive a bit to your site. Right now we only have class three days a week, but I heard from the previous cohort that the rest of the semesters will keep you busy four days a week.

Hi R in Northridge, just wanted to let you know that I got into CSUDH MSOT program, so I am part of cohort 9! Yay! Very happy, just finished first week!

kim in Huntington Park, California

27 months ago

4.0 student in Bensenville, Illinois said: I had a 4.0. I'm transferring to another school. CSU's program is BAD NEWS.

whyyy?

Terrance Phillips in Norwalk, Ohio

27 months ago

4.0 student in Bensenville, Illinois said: I had a 4.0. I'm transferring to another school. CSU's program is BAD NEWS.

I'm referring to Chicago State University. Can't legally discuss right now but I'm giving you heads up, they are bad news. I can say however I and many others have been misled by the teaching staff there. This is especially delicious in light of the all the ethics lectures they give us only to turn around and stab the student in the back. They are a tuition factory for their university and their integrity is very questionable.

Tony in Bolingbrook, Illinois

27 months ago

Terrance Phillips in Norwalk, Ohio said: I'm referring to Chicago State University. Can't legally discuss right now but I'm giving you heads up, they are bad news. I can say however I and many others have been misled by the teaching staff there. This is especially delicious in light of the all the ethics lectures they give us only to turn around and stab the student in the back. They are a tuition factory for their university and their integrity is very questionable.

I am applying to the program and I am concerned about this. Could you say how you've been mislead? Does this apply to the MOT program at CSU? Does the MOT program lie to you? I am very concerned about this and I would really appreciate any input.

epiphysis in Bangor, Maine

25 months ago

I need some advice. I was dismissed from an OT school due to grades. Before I started, I had a 4.0 but unfortunately for me once school started there were several very distracting life events that occurred that negatively impacted my performance. I ended up getting two D's and instantly dismissed. Is there anyone that has had a similar experience that they've bounced back from? Were you able to get into another program? How?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Creole Soul in Richmond, Virginia

24 months ago

All I'm going to say is be wary of these schools that have gone from accepting 40-50 students max to 100+ students.

What happens is while the number of students increases, the number of OT faculty does not and your learning experience will not be great. My friend went to a small school in New England and she hated her OT program.

RDavis11 in Dublin, California

24 months ago

T in San Rafael, California said: Congrats on the acceptance! The first semester was not too rigorous, but this semester has been. I think the amount of units that we are taking is enough, as each class has plenty of work to do. Yes, for fieldwork you can ask for an area and if they don't have anything there, they can try to set up a site.

Hi T! I was accept at DU. There is the option to take Conditions in OT online so that would put me at 10 units x the fall. Do you think working the 1 semester would be possible ? What is the hardest class you have had so far ?

Pin3001 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

15 months ago

epiphysis in Bangor, Maine said: I need some advice. I was dismissed from an OT school due to grades. Before I started, I had a 4.0 but unfortunately for me once school started there were several very distracting life events that occurred that negatively impacted my performance. I ended up getting two D's and instantly dismissed. Is there anyone that has had a similar experience that they've bounced back from? Were you able to get into another program? How?

I just now saw your post and am hoping (9 months later) you might catch my response as I am in pretty much the same predicament. I am at a loss of what to do now and would appreciate any advice from someone who can relate. :/ thanks!

15 months ago

Pin3001 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I just now saw your post and am hoping (9 months later) you might catch my response as I am in pretty much the same predicament. I am at a loss of what to do now and would appreciate any advice from someone who can relate. :/ thanks!

I've done a few things that seem to be working. The thing is to be honest and walk a straight line with the other schools you encounter without looking flaky. I changed my major to biology and busted my butt. I am now close to rebuilding my career capitol and academic credibility. I've taken on new shadowing and volunteer commitments and I treat them like a real job. I take care to make sure my economic situation is tightly regulated. Also, that old school? In the words of Tony from the Sopranos " fugg ed aboud it" !! there are better schools with better instructors YOU WILL SUCCEED IF YOU NEVER EVER EVER QUIT.---If this is what you really want then do what I did this by taking OT theory and methods I learned while I was in school seriously and am working to apply them to my own life. Be willing to go anywhere, fulfill any commitment to the best of your ability,take every opportunity to be of service you can get your hands on. NEVER SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ANYONE..especially at your old school...and most important of all do what you can, not what you can't. Practice gratitude, honestly, humility, truth and open mindedness... I hope you see this and I hope you keep me posted....if you know in your heart and soul you want to be a therapist then you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself, get up off your butt and work harder and prove once in for all that you have what it takes to be a great therapist.. I've never met you but.... I believe in you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Pin3001 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I just now saw your post and am hoping (9 months later) you might catch my response as I am in pretty much the same predicament. I am at a loss of what to do now and would appreciate any advice from someone who can relate. :/ thanks!

I'm working on getting back in. Be upfront and professional with the other schools you approach. I changed my major to biology and busted my butt and my GPA coming back up.Re take the GRE and MAKE SURE you do much better, also you can transfer into another school as a pre ot student, most schools won't transfer in grades less than a C. You can use this in your favor. I am now close to rebuilding my career capitol and academic credibility. I've taken on new shadowing and volunteer commitments and I treat them like better than a real job. I take care to make sure my economic situation is tightly regulated, cos PAUL RYANS CUTS TO PELL GRANTS MURDERED MY EDUCATION. Also, that old school? Leave them be in peace. There are better schools with better instructors out there. YOU WILL SUCCEED IF YOU NEVER QUIT.---If this is what you really want then do what I did: Take everything they taught you about OT and APPLY IT TO YOURSELF.LEARN FROM THE EXPERIENCE. Be willing to go anywhere, fulfill any commitment to the best of your ability,take every opportunity to be of service you can get your hands on. NEVER SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ANYONE..especially at your old school...and most important of all do EVERYTHING you CAN & FORGET THE NEGATIVE.Lastly, work ten times harder to get ten times better than the competition and LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT. Practice gratitude and honesty..now go. go go go go go !! I hope you see this and I hope you keep me posted....if you know in your heart and soul you want to be a therapist then you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself, get up off your butt and work harder and prove once and for all that you have what it takes to be a great therapist

pin3001 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

15 months ago

Wow... I cannot thank you enough, your words mean a lot and I will definitely take everything you said into consideration. My email is kpinkosky@gmail.com (certainly do not feel obligated) but if you want, send me an email so maybe that way it'll be easier to communicate instead of having to keep checking this. I didn't want to get my hopes up because I wasn't sure if id get a response so thank you for even taking the time out to answer. I have probably a handful of questions for you and I can elaborate on my situation over email (just to spare a bunch of strangers from reading my whole life story) lol. Like you said, I don't know you either but feel like your input would help, it already has. It's tough and unless you've been in our situation you can't understand, so it's refreshing having someone to relate to. Plus no one normally talks about this out of embarrassment, or the people excelling thru their program just become judgemental and you feel like even the people in your program and your professors are against you. Constant paranoia to the point that when I realized I didn't have to go back there part of me felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Of course it only took me a month or so of much needed time off, serious self-reflection and pulling myself together to get back on my feet to realize that I still wanted to be a therapist, but as I was leaving the program I was at the point that I HATED what I had invested years of schooling and thousands of dollars on. Like you probably felt, I never thought this would be me right now and even almost a year later there are days where I feel like a failure. You can feel pretty hopeless when you don't know where to turn and don't know how to fix the damage left from a bad experience. You said it perfectly though when you said to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get moving, that's exactly what I needed lol. I now hold it over my head and constantly kick myself in the ass. Sorry for the novel, thanks again! :)

Mike in Los Angeles, California

15 months ago

OT GIRL in Turlock, California said: I was accepted to Loma Linda for this summer. I would def recommend the program to everyone. The faculty is AMAZING. Yes it is a private school but its nice because most of the students are graduate students (medical, dental , PT) and the campus has many medical facilities (LLU medical center, childrens medical center, veterans medical center) so you can get lots of experience. Plus, from what I have noticed they interview a lot of people so even if your grades are borderline I would still apply. I had anatomy and physio in progress and they still interviewed and accepted me. GOODLUCK TO ALL

Hello! Happy New Year to you!

My name is Mike and today I recieved an email that I have an interview tomorrow for the OT program at LLU and I would appreciate it very much if you can help me in preparing for it.

Possible crucial questions and if you had to write a short essay if you could tell me what the question (s) were about. I will be very thankful.

Best regards,

Mike

FutureOTstudent in Gardena, California

14 months ago

Mike in Los Angeles, California said: Hello! Happy New Year to you!

My name is Mike and today I recieved an email that I have an interview tomorrow for the OT program at LLU and I would appreciate it very much if you can help me in preparing for it.

Possible crucial questions and if you had to write a short essay if you could tell me what the question (s) were about. I will be very thankful.

Best regards,

Mike

Hey Mike,

Would you mind sharing your stats?

otmepleaase in Oakland, California

13 months ago

Hey Everyone.

I could really use your advice and encouragement, because I feel really discouraged on my goals after being rejected from SJSU.

I only applied to this program, in dire hopes it would pan out, but it didn't and I'm trying to gather optimism but falling short.

I need to get in to an OT school this cycle, and trying to figure out where I should strategically apply to such that I get in. At this point I genuinely fear I wont get in anywhere, as all programs seem to only accept 30-40 students and that's not a high acceptance rate.

I was reeeeallllllllly hoping someone could help me come up with some sort of "safety school" as wrong as that sounds. PLEASE ADVISE where might be smart to target. Open to travel the country as at this point all schools other than CSUDH (my next target! any advice for there?)

my stats are decent:
3.39 undergrad GPA from uc berkeley
4.0 prereqs (anatomy, physiology, and some psych courses at community colleg)
150/146/4 GRE

13 months ago

otmepleaase in Oakland, California said: Hey Everyone.

I could really use your advice and encouragement, because I feel really discouraged on my goals after being rejected from SJSU.

I only applied to this program, in dire hopes it would pan out, but it didn't and I'm trying to gather optimism but falling short.

I need to get in to an OT school this cycle, and trying to figure out where I should strategically apply to such that I get in. At this point I genuinely fear I wont get in anywhere, as all programs seem to only accept 30-40 students and that's not a high acceptance rate.

I was reeeeallllllllly hoping someone could help me come up with some sort of "safety school" as wrong as that sounds. PLEASE ADVISE where might be smart to target. Open to travel the country as at this point all schools other than CSUDH (my next target! any advice for there?)

my stats are decent:
150/146/4 GRE

There are alot of great schools in California and in Texas... I spoke with SJSU, the guy I spoke with seemed to delight in trying to cut me down. He was rude, stuck up and way too self important- treating teachers with respect is one thing but he wanted me to kiss his butt...

Celeste M in Berkeley, California

13 months ago

I can relate to your situation, I only applied to SJSU this year but I was admitted for fall 2014. About your stats... I noticed you have a verbal/ quant. GRE score of only 296, did you know SJSU REQUIRES a minimum 297? No exceptions. Perhaps that is why you were denied admittance? I had to retake the GRE and ended up taking the MAT because the GRE was very stressful for me. I would retake the GRE and reapply next year right when the window opens, when did you apply last cycle? As far as safety schools are concerned, with the growing populaity of OT and the competetivness of many programs, you are going to have a hard time finding a "easy" school to get into. However, I have heard that private schools (Dominican, Samuel Merrit) are somewhat easier but you will be paying up to 50k a year in tuition alone. Best of luck to you!!

13 months ago

oh sorry, I meant 150/156 GRE, so just above the minimum. I dunno. it's just very disheartening. Thanks

13 months ago

Applied in December, wanted to sooner but was waiting on documents.. erg. definitely going to be timely next time. but trying to figure out where to apply. I figure if I'm going to go private, I'd almost rather go out of state to get a new life chapter and experience another place... But private tuition is just ridiculous. It's so daunting to think about how much debt this requires, and it's hard to feel confident in getting accepted...

OT123 in Los Angeles, California

13 months ago

otmepleaase in Oakland, California said: I was reeeeallllllllly hoping someone could help me come up with some sort of "safety school" as wrong as that sounds. PLEASE ADVISE where might be smart to target. Open to travel the country as at this point all schools other than CSUDH (my next target! any advice for there?)

my stats are decent:
150/146/4 GRE

I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm just going to be flat with you here. If you were rejected from SJSU, your chances are not good for CSUDH. I know of a couple people who were rejected from CSUDH who were admitted (fully admitted, not waitlisted) at SJSU. I've spoken to someone who wants to apply to the next cycle, and she states that while she is planning to apply to SJSU, she is unsure about CSUDH because of the competition. I don't know if it is correct, but she gave me the impression that she believed CSUDH is harder to get in to than SJSU.

To improve your chances for CSUDH, I suggest studying your butt off and retaking the GRE. Your GPA is okay, but it isn't impressive. CSUDH is willing to take applicants who have high GRE scores to make up for unimpressive GPAs (they did for me). And yes, their website says you only need an 800 or 140/146/4. But that is just their basic minimum to apply. To make up for an unimpressive GPA, I suggest aiming for no lower than an 1100 (not sure what the conversion is for the new scores). The higher the better.

And, if you don't mind me asking, why do you need to get into a school in this cycle? I know of several people who are willing to take a year to improve their applications if they are not accepted this year so that they can get into the school of their choice/decrease their loans.

Good luck! Have you checked out the OT forums at Student Doctor? You might find them helpful.

OT123 in Los Angeles, California

13 months ago

OT123 in Los Angeles, California said:
To improve your chances for CSUDH, I suggest studying your butt off and retaking the GRE. Your GPA is okay, but it isn't impressive. CSUDH is willing to take applicants who have high GRE scores to make up for unimpressive GPAs (they did for me). And yes, their website says you only need an 800 or 140/146/4. But that is just their basic minimum to apply. To make up for an unimpressive GPA, I suggest aiming for no lower than an 1100 (not sure what the conversion is for the new scores). The higher the better.

I stand corrected. A friend just told me that most students in her CSUDH cohort have GRE scores higher than 1000. So a score of 1100 may not be enough to stand out with an 3.4 GPA.

12 months ago

my stats are decent:
150/146/4 GRE

you might want to try doing about another 100 hours volunteer / shadowing work somewhere, also, when you do make sure you take clinical notes and use that to write your essays from.. I decided to work it that way and I formatted my essay in APA and made sure I quoted someone from OT literature--- I have an interview next week at a school

SANYA in La Jolla, California

8 months ago

Applying to any school in California.
-Overall GPA:3.57
-Prerequisite GPA: 3.8
-GRE: verbal(144), quant(164), 3.0 writing portion
-Over 180 volunteer hours
-Good recommendation letters(1 from an OT, 1 from college professor, 1 from hospital supervisor)

I wonder if I have any chance to get into loma linda university

ANON in Jersey City, New Jersey

8 months ago

I'm in a similar situation, i just emailed you......

SANYA in San Diego, California

8 months ago

ANON in Jersey City, New Jersey said: I'm in a similar situation, i just emailed you......

Oh but i didn't receive your email, do you mind email me again?

2 months ago

epiphysis in Bangor, Maine said: you might want to try doing about another 100 hours volunteer / shadowing work somewhere, also, when you do make sure you take clinical notes and use that to write your essays from.. I decided to work it that way and I formatted my essay in APA and made sure I quoted someone from OT literature--- I have an interview next week at a school

Epiphysis, I'm an ex occupational therapy student who withdrew from my previous program due to low grades, I want to talk to you as well. I've applied to other schools but I am not sure if I will be accepted again, please contact me back ASAP if you can!

2 months ago

I am in a similar situation, please contact me back. I am wondering if it is possible for me to get in another program

2 months ago

Celeste M in Berkeley, California said: I can relate to your situation, I only applied to SJSU this year but I was admitted for fall 2014. About your stats... I noticed you have a verbal/ quant. GRE score of only 296, did you know SJSU REQUIRES a minimum 297? No exceptions. Perhaps that is why you were denied admittance? I had to retake the GRE and ended up taking the MAT because the GRE was very stressful for me. I would retake the GRE and reapply next year right when the window opens, when did you apply last cycle? As far as safety schools are concerned, with the growing populaity of OT and the competetivness of many programs, you are going to have a hard time finding a "easy" school to get into. However, I have heard that private schools (Dominican, Samuel Merrit) are somewhat easier but you will be paying up to 50k a year in tuition alone. Best of luck to you!!

one point? that's absurd

Jessica in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

1 month ago

my stats are decent:
150/146/4 GRE

I made a post about schools that MAY be easier to get into (lower gpa requirement, only look at last 60 credit hours, or just pre req gpa) that's just a little bit down the OT forum. It's titled something like "For those of you like me that don't have a competitive gpa"

Jessica in Henderson, Nevada

1 month ago

Jeff in Berkeley, California said: When I graduated with my BS in 2005, it sucked it was like a 2.7. I took 45 units of prereqs + some between Summer 2009 and Summer 2010 and got straight A's, that brought my cumulative up to like a 3.0. My GRE was a 1200 and a AWA of 5.0 on my only try. SJSU only looked at my last 60 GPA, which was a 3.6.

Hi,
I was wondering whether you got into the program you applied to with your undergraduate GPA? Did San Jose only look at your 3.6 GPA and disregard the low one?
Thanks in advance.

1 month ago

Hi.

I made it into a program in Cali after all the work I've done.. I start in 3 weeks. email me if you want some more info.

Jessica in Henderson, Nevada

1 month ago

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. If you don't mind me asking, what work have you done to help yourself get into the program? What is the name of the program you got into?

Thank you.

5 days ago

Hey-- haven't been here in a long time. It took a lot of work but I have finally been accepted into another OT program. It's a new , developing program but they're great and are on the verge of gaining accredidation.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.