Getting recommendations from OT's

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

sbennett3348 in Orem, Utah

13 months ago

What is the best route to getting a recommendation from an OT? I feel like since I am "observing" they really don't get to know me or my strengths and can't give a strong recommendation as a result. The only OT's I know are the ones I observed. How do I go about getting a good recommendation from them? Any suggestions would help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Janean in Sacramento, California

7 months ago

Hello, I see this post is a bit outdated, but I think this is a good question and is something I need to consider as well. Did you end up getting recommendations from them, or find out the best way to get a good one from them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FutureOT in Boise, Idaho

7 months ago

I am also just discovering these threads, so I feel as though I'm a bit slow on the uptake. However, I was able to shadow an OT who owned her own clinic, and she ended up writing me a great recommendation. I worked with her twice a week for a semester and I feel like she really got to know who I was. I am also just finishing up an internship with another OT who works in an elementary school, and she, too, wrote me an excellent letter of reference. It's absolutely possible, even after a short amount of time. I would suggest just being yourself and putting in the effort and hours. It will pay off. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

OTR in Austin, Texas

6 months ago

I would say, ask smart questions while you're observing. That's what would make an impression on me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.