Home Health Care Per visit rate

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

purpleflipflop in Lewiston, Maine

52 months ago

Hi
I currently work as an OT for a home health care agency on salary. I make 42 an hour and work 40 hours. We are being pushed to move to per visit now. We cover a very large area and I am the only OT. The current offer is 55 per visit. I think I need to ask for more since some days I have visits that are nearly an hour away. Does anyone currently get paid per visit in home care that would share with me where they are and what they make. Thanks sooo much for your help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

WorkingOT in Tennessee

50 months ago

I make 55 per home visit, but I donn't have to travel an hour to make visits, and many of my patients live relatively close to each other. I don't get gas money reimbursed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fawn in Kalamazoo, Michigan

45 months ago

purpleflipflop in Lewiston, Maine said: Hi
I currently work as an OT for a home health care agency on salary. I make 42 an hour and work 40 hours. We are being pushed to move to per visit now. We cover a very large area and I am the only OT. The current offer is 55 per visit. I think I need to ask for more since some days I have visits that are nearly an hour away. Does anyone currently get paid per visit in home care that would share with me where they are and what they make. Thanks sooo much for your help

Hi there! So I'm curious to what you settled for. I'm and OTR as well and just have been offered a contract job for a new homecare company. I will have to travel and they pay per visit. What would be a fair rate to ask for?

Thanks for your time!

fawn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Otmom in Carrollton, Texas

43 months ago

purpleflipflop in Lewiston, Maine said: Hi
I currently work as an OT for a home health care agency on salary. I make 42 an hour and work 40 hours. We are being pushed to move to per visit now. We cover a very large area and I am the only OT. The current offer is 55 per visit. I think I need to ask for more since some days I have visits that are nearly an hour away. Does anyone currently get paid per visit in home care that would share with me where they are and what they make. Thanks sooo much for your help

I know this is a little late but I work prn for a hhc and make $70 a visit evals and treats, $90 for d/c oasis and $90-100 a visit on weekends if I travel 20 plus miles from my home-just an FYI......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

roy in Wellford, South Carolina

43 months ago

Hi Everyone
I am looking to change from SNF to Home health.
Can some one give me an idea how much to negotiate for per visit OT rate and per visit eval rate for full time pay per visit. I am from North Carolina.

All help will be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SHOT in Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

Otmom in Carrollton, Texas said: I know this is a little late but I work prn for a hhc and make $70 a visit evals and treats, $90 for d/c oasis and $90-100 a visit on weekends if I travel 20 plus miles from my home-just an FYI......

Do you work for a small company? I currently am at 65 per visit. I used to get an extra 10 dollars per discharge Oasis but they stopped paying that out. Was just curious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

George in Jeffersonville, Indiana

26 months ago

If a full time OT, Does anyone get paid more for assessments (new required by Medicare), discipline discharges, and eval? If so, what are the current rates?

Also, What are current rates for above as PRN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Raya in Denver, Colorado

10 months ago

I get paid 60 per revisit and 75 for evals, 70 for DC Oasis and I get $2 per visit for gas. Hope that helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Raya in Denver, Colorado

10 months ago

Raya in Denver, Colorado said: I get paid 60 per revisit and 75 for evals, 70 for DC Oasis and I get $2 per visit for gas. Hope that helps

Oh and I am full time, not PRN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Simon Levin in River Edge, New Jersey

7 months ago

Hi everyone, I am an OT student interested in working in homecare. Just curious, how many visits a day do you typically make? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

raymond in Hayward, California

7 months ago

Does any one know how much a RN makes per visit in Homecare?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

OTR in Austin, Texas

6 months ago

Simon Levin in River Edge, New Jersey said: Hi everyone, I am an OT student interested in working in homecare. Just curious, how many visits a day do you typically make? Thanks!

The goal/productivity standard is usually 5-6 visits per day, though that can be lower on some days depending on caseload. This is for full-time/part-time positions. If you're working PRN then it's up to you. Some people just see one or two people in the afternoons after their regular jobs for extra cash. If your patients lived close together, you may be able to 7/day but I find it very taxing to get 6/day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Simon Levin in Paramus, New Jersey

6 months ago

Thank you, OTR in Austin, Texas!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.