Scoring the Sensory Profile

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

Matt in Metamora, Illinois

78 months ago

For anyone that's interested, I've posted two free scoring tools for the Sensory Profile on my website: www.upanzi.com (click on "Sensory Profile Scoring" on the top menu). These tools are Excel documents (so you need to have Microsoft Excel), but they should greatly increase your scoring speed!

If you use these tools and find them helpful, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave me a comment on my website.
Matt

Disclosure/About Me: I'm an OT (specializing in Assistive Technology) and I have a web consulting/design business. My wife is an OT that works in the schools, and watching her have to score the Sensory Profile was the impetus for developing these tools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

wendya2J@comcast.net in Essington, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Matt in Metamora, Illinois said: For anyone that's interested, I've posted two free scoring tools for the Sensory Profile on my website: www.upanzi.com (click on "Sensory Profile Scoring" on the top menu). These tools are Excel documents (so you need to have Microsoft Excel), but they should greatly increase your scoring speed!

If you use these tools and find them helpful, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave me a comment on my website.
Matt

Disclosure/About Me: I'm an OT (specializing in Assistive Technology) and I have a web consulting/design business. My wife is an OT that works in the schools, and watching her have to score the Sensory Profile was the impetus for developing these tools.

I LOVE your tool - it is awesome!! I'd love it if you could plug in the patient name and birthday and it would calculate age and score accordingly (if a 3 or 4 year old use cut scores) Any chance you'll be doing the toddler or adolescent version anytime soon? you are a lifesaver and time saver!!!! GREAT WORK!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Orland Park, Illinois

76 months ago

Hi Wendy,

I received a comment in my Comments section (which i replied to), but not an email.
Did you use this contact form?
www.upanzi.com/component/option,com_contact/task,view/contact_id,1/Itemid,4/

Matt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mwine6022

67 months ago

I have infant toddler scoring sheets and manual and would be happy to send
It to u if you can help us get a template to score it. What should I do to get it to u.

Maureen. Mwine6022@bex.net

67 months ago

Hi Maureen!
Someone else was kind enough to send me a copy of the Infant/Toddler SP. I think that I have all that I need, but if not I'll send you an email!
Thanks!
Matt

66 months ago

Between paying jobs I'm currently working on a revision of the Caregiver Scorer. Once that's done I'll start on the infant/toddler scoring tool. Sorry I don't have a more specific date at this point.
Matt

Todd Huang in Burwood, Australia

64 months ago

Hi, I am new to Adult Sensory profile, could anyone please help in how to write a report after a Adult Sensory profile was conducted? Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matthew R in Metamora, Illinois

64 months ago

Todd Huang in Burwood, Australia said: Hi, I am new to Adult Sensory profile, could anyone please help in how to write a report after a Adult Sensory profile was conducted? Thank you.

Hi Todd...
Not sure if you'll get much help here (and the actual write up is not something I'm familiar with). if you don't get help here, you might want to try posting something at OT Exchange (otexchange.com).
Matt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fred Mahaffey in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

Hi, Matt! I'm an OT working in psych and one of several who have created an self-study evidence based practice group that meets at Rush. We are currently studying sensory processing problems and how we might intervene in psych settings with sensory techniques rather than always using meds or leathers! We are working with the ADULT sensory profile. Have you worked up a score sheet for that instrument? It could be useful for several of us. Thanks for your: time, consideration, and hard work to date!

Fred Mahaffey, MS, OTR/L
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Psych Rehab Program
fmahaffe@nmh.org

63 months ago

Hi Fred,
I haven't worked up something the Adolescent/Adult SP yet, in large part because i don't have access to the scoring materials. If you want to send me a questionnaire and scoring sheet I can look into it. One note, though: I've contacted Winnie Dunn to get her permission for the scoring sheets. She in-turn has contacted her rep at Pearson Assessment. Thus, I am currently waiting to hear back from Pearson. I believe that my production and free distribution of these scoring sheets falls under the Fair Use Doctrine of copyright law, but I want to be upfront with everyone on this. I think the scoring tools benefit everyone, but especially Pearson as they are loosing ground to the Sensory Processing Measure in large part because of it's ease of scoring. If you want to send me an email to discuss this further, there is a contact link at the top right of my webpage: www.upanzi.com .
Thanks for the inquiry!
Matt

RB in Toronto, Ontario

63 months ago

This was beyond helpful. New OT and it made me more confident that I was not making too many errors along the way!
thanks soo much

63 months ago

My pleasure! Glad to help!
Matt

PatagoniaOT in Tucson, Arizona

57 months ago

Just wondering what the latest is as I am setting up to practice serving birth-adolescence in rural area and would be great to have these tools.
Thanks!
KB

57 months ago

KB,
Unfortunately I am no longer able to share the SP Scoring tools.
Please see this link for more info: tiny.cc/wrF0O
Sorry I can't be of more help!
Matt

vicki in Germantown, Wisconsin

57 months ago

RB in Toronto, Ontario said: This was beyond helpful. New OT and it made me more confident that I was not making too many errors along the way!
thanks soo much

Any chance that there is an atatchment sent to you from Matt that I can get?
PLEASE?!!
Vicki

57 months ago

Alas, no. I used to share it on my website (upanzi.com), but I no longer can. Quite a few people on OTExchange downloaded it, though, so you might ask on their general forum if someone can send it to you.
Matt

54 months ago

Mary,
I sent you an email. Please let me know if you didn't get it.
Matt

Chrissy V in Portland, Oregon

53 months ago

Matt in Metamora, Illinois said: Mary,
Matt

I'm a new OT. I would like any help that I can get to score the Teacher Report and the Caregiver Questionnaire. My email is vano2421@pacificu.edu.

Chrissy

53 months ago

Chrissy,
Your best bet on this would be to post a message in the general forums on OT Exchange (www.otexchange.com).
I'm not personally well versed on the scoring & interpretation. I'm just someone who knew how to make Excel take care of most of the math when you're scoring the SP. Anyway, there are a lot of wondeful OTs on OT Exchange, why don't you give that a try.
Matt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Northport, New York

53 months ago

Chrissy V in Portland, Oregon said: I'm a new OT. I would like any help that I can get to score the Teacher Report and the Caregiver Questionnaire. My email is vano2421@pacificu.edu.

Chrissy

hi chrissy,
i recently needed the same info. I found that you can by software ($120.00) from the company. You can enter all the scores and it creates a report for you. I just received it. It makes it quite easy.
Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Northport, New York

53 months ago

Matt in Metamora, Illinois said: Mary,
Matt

Sorry Matt,
Yes I did. Thank you very much. I ended up purchasing the software from the company. It allows you to enter the scores and creates a report.
Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Meghan in Satellite Beach, Florida

44 months ago

Can anyone send me the scoring tool? I made proposal to my employer to purchase the software but unfortunaly there are no funds in our non-profit facility. If anyone can help please email me at meghanmnm@aol.com
It would be greatly appreciated!

carrie in Midland, Michigan

38 months ago

Matt in Metamora, Illinois said: Thanks for the comments Wendy.

The next version that i'm working on will have a slot for Name and you will be able to select the age that you want the report for. Still trying to track down someone that has the 2006 SP Supplement, though, to get a little more information on the expanded cut scores.

As far as the infant/toddler version, I'm open to working on one, but I don't have access to the scoring sheets or manual for it. If you have these, and if you want to help, please send me an email (there's a Contact link on my website).

Matt

Hi Matt
I was unable to connect to link provided, could you send me scoring info for sensory profiles. thanks
carrie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Carrie,
I have an agreement with Pearson to no longer distribute the scoring tool that I created. You may want to try posting a message on OT Exchange. Someone there may have a copy that they can share with you.
Matt

Sunny in Norristown, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

I can't access the website and I need to use the toll desperately.
Kindly help or direct.
Many Thanks
Sunny

Matt in Metamora, Illinois said: For anyone that's interested, I've posted two free scoring tools for the Sensory Profile on my website: www.upanzi.com (click on "Sensory Profile Scoring" on the top menu). These tools are Excel documents (so you need to have Microsoft Excel), but they should greatly increase your scoring speed!

Matt

Chrissy V in Portland, Oregon

37 months ago

Thank you for your work on this. I appreciate it. I've used it and it has saved me HOURS of time. In return, I will share my videos with you that will hopefully help save your wife some more time. :-)

youtu.be/mmqbTqD9fDA

Thank you for your work and for sharing for the greater good!

Chrissy Van Osdol, MOT OTR/L

37 months ago

Sunny in Norristown, Pennsylvania said: I can't access the website and I need to use the toll desperately.
Kindly help or direct.
Many Thanks
Sunny

Sunny,
Please see my reply to Carrie, just above your post.
Matt

37 months ago

Chrissy V in Portland, Oregon said: Thank you for your work on this. I appreciate it. I've used it and it has saved me HOURS of time. In return, I will share my videos with you that will hopefully help save your wife some more time. :-)

youtu.be/mmqbTqD9fDA

Thank you for your work and for sharing for the greater good!

Chrissy Van Osdol, MOT OTR/L

Thanks Chrissy. I'll send the link to your videos on to my wife!
Matt

36 months ago

Tina/OTC,

I'm not maintaining the Upanzi.com website at this time. Not sure if you've read through the comments on this page, but I've in the past that I am no longer able to distribute the scoring sheet, per an agreement with Pearson. I've also posted on this page where else you may be able to find it.

Best of luck,
Matt

Donna in Apex, North Carolina

36 months ago

Matt in Orland Park, Illinois said: Tina/OTC,

I'm not maintaining the Upanzi.com website at this time. Not sure if you've read through the comments on this page, but I've in the past that I am no longer able to distribute the scoring sheet, per an agreement with Pearson. I've also posted on this page where else you may be able to find it.

Best of luck,
Matt

So where can i get a copy of this tool? i am so sick of scoring these things the old way..

Donna (OTR/L)

36 months ago

Donna in Apex, North Carolina said: So where can i get a copy of this tool? i am so sick of scoring these things the old way..

Donna (OTR/L)

Donna,
You might try posting a message on OTExchange.com and asking if anyone has a copy. There were a number of OTs on those message boards that helped me test the scoring tool. Someone might still have a copy.
Best of luck,
Matt

Donna in Apex, North Carolina

36 months ago

Thanks so much. i will do that. Donna

SchoolOT in Columbia, South Carolina

28 months ago

Donna in Apex, North Carolina said: Thanks so much. i will do that. Donna

Did you find it Donna? I am waiting for my school to buy it as well. I hope that Matt was paid by Pearsons!

school OT in Cincinnati, Ohio

28 months ago

Did the School OT in Columbia, South Carolina find the scoring tool?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.