Working abroad after graduating

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

v25 in Kingston, Ontario

28 months ago

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience travelling to another country after getting their OT degree? I have done a bit of research on New Zealand...but the whole process of finding out what country's require/getting a visa/the job market, etc. seems very daunting.

Anyone have any knowledge on this topic or can link me to some good resources?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anticuti in Brentwood, California

27 months ago

Other OTs coming to US to work is super hard, the other way around is much easier.

I'm an Australian OT, i have worked in the UK. I have some links if you want. You only need to register with HPC and find a few agents, jobs will come to you.

in Australia last year they changed the system, all need to be registered to work. Not sure about oversea OTs.

Back in Australia and UK there are also many agents for OTs to work in the middle east.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

taurus20red in Covington, Georgia

27 months ago

To anticuti, I would like to become an OT as well in the future. I was born in the UK and am still today a british citizen with a british passport. Do you think it would be easy for me to get a job in the UK as an OT when I graduate? I have not lived in the UK since 1979.

anticuti in Brentwood, California

27 months ago

taurus20red in Covington, Georgia said: To anticuti, I would like to become an OT as well in the future. I was born in the UK and am still today a british citizen with a british passport. Do you think it would be easy for me to get a job in the UK as an OT when I graduate? I have not lived in the UK since 1979.

HI taurus i think it will be very easy to get a job in UK, best if you have 1-2 years experience first. UK welcome oversea OTs for perm and temp jobs. Just register with HPC. if they don't change their system much.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.