How hard was your masters?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

GETGOING in Florida

70 months ago

For those of you that have been through your masters degree...how hard was it? I hear some real bad horror stories and some stories that say it wasn't too bad at all. Some people say they are drowning in school work even though they study 50 hrs a week...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

M.Mitchell in Conway, Arkansas

69 months ago

lets say it wasn't so bad little bit more studying but you can do it. Just stay focused.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

almost done in Santa Monica, California

68 months ago

The key is time management. Yes, there is a lot of studying you have to do, but if you make yourself a "to do" list and plan out your study time, it really is not that bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

OTdude in Piscataway, New Jersey

68 months ago

Piece of cake if that's all you have to do. If you have a full time job, kids, etc to deal with while in grad school, then that's a different story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Amber

68 months ago

GETGOING in Florida said: For those of you that have been through your masters degree...how hard was it? I hear some real bad horror stories and some stories that say it wasn't too bad at all. Some people say they are drowning in school work even though they study 50 hrs a week...

Hi I received my masters about a year ago in Occupational Therapy and I absolutely recommend it. It was not that bad at all and the options when you graduate are tremendous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ms. Parks in Nashville, Tennessee

66 months ago

Amber and OT dude in New Jersey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Gibbstown, New Jersey

63 months ago

Ms. Parks in Nashville, Tennessee said: What school did you earn your Occupational Therapy degree from?

I am thinking about going back to school for Occupational Therapy. I live in NJ...(but near Philadelphia). I am currently studying for my GRE - I am nervous. It's been 20 years since I've been in school...I hope I can pass the GRE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

OTdude in Piscataway, New Jersey

63 months ago

Ms. Parks in Nashville, Tennessee said: Amber and OT dude in New Jersey

I attended New York University and received a Master of Arts...sorry for the late response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

OT dude in Little Falls, New Jersey

33 months ago

OTdude in Piscataway, New Jersey said: Piece of cake if that's all you have to do. If you have a full time job, kids, etc to deal with while in grad school, then that's a different story.

Hello, I just saw your comment about occupational thearpy in New Jersey , where did you go ? I am a current high school senior in NJ and leaning towards occupational thearpy. How was the schooling? Can you give me some pointers i would deeply appreciate it!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ginamarie10 in Little Falls, New Jersey

33 months ago

Hello, I just saw your comment about occupational thearpy in New Jersey , where did you go ? I am a current high school senior in NJ and leaning towards occupational thearpy. How was the schooling? Can you give me some pointers i would deeply appreciate it!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in North Bergen, New Jersey

32 months ago

almost done in Santa Monica, California said: The key is time management. Yes, there is a lot of studying you have to do, but if you make yourself a "to do" list and plan out your study time, it really is not that bad.

How many hours a week do you recommend for an OT student?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Boogadabiggadaboogedybagoogus in Kokomo, Indiana

26 months ago

Chris in Gibbstown, New Jersey said: I am thinking about going back to school for Occupational Therapy. I live in NJ...(but near Philadelphia). I am currently studying for my GRE - I am nervous. It's been 20 years since I've been in school...I hope I can pass the GRE.

Go get the latest GRE study guide made by Kaplan. There are tricks to answering the questions, and they help you learn them. I took it last week, and as a result of studying, I scored nearly 200 points higher than my previous test 9 years ago (re-entering college in Fall for another graduate degree).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zhel in Makati, Philippines

26 months ago

Hello guys, I'm currently taking my bachelors degree which is Occupational therapy and I'm just wondering, Is it hard to be an OT and is it possible to be an assistant occupational therapist(occupational therapist to assistant occupational therapist)? I'm really confused about it.please help. thanks

OTDUDE in Brooklyn, New York

26 months ago

That's a tricky question since everyone has a different aptitude and time- management skills. Generally, it can be challenging at times and requires time and effort. I would not say it is horrible. If you put in the time and effort, there is no reason why anyone should struggle. Some courses can be challenging, but you have to remember that this is a health-related profession and demands certain credentials and qualifications. Would you want any illiterate slacker to become an OT if he/she wanted to? What kind of respect will people have for the profession then? If you really want to become an OT, put your head down and go for it. Advice..don't pay attention to your classmates when they complain and moan about the workload or how hard the exams are. That's just a waste of energy and promotes negativity. Just work hard and don't complain. It won't change anything, and don't pick up any negativity from others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J in Monterey, California

12 days ago

I really want to go to grad school down in SoCal, but I'm worried how competitive it will be to get accepted. How difficult is it to get accepted into USC or CSU Dominguez Hills?

Thanks

OT123 in Los Angeles, California

11 days ago

J in Monterey, California said: I really want to go to grad school down in SoCal, but I'm worried how competitive it will be to get accepted. How difficult is it to get accepted into USC or CSU Dominguez Hills?

Thanks

That depends on your stats, of course. Check out the OT forums on the student doctor website for more info.

J in Monterey, California

11 days ago

OT123 in Los Angeles, California said: That depends on your stats, of course. Check out the OT forums on the student doctor website for more info.

thank you so much!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.