What is an OTR?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Master's in OT student in Spokane, Washington

82 months ago

Hmmm. It is interesting to me that nobody has genuinely answered this person's question. Someone who has "OTR" is an occupational therapist (the OT part) who is registered (the R part) with NBCOT, which is a national accrediting body. Basically, it means you do your continuing education credits and prove it to the national board, and having the R in one's title indicates you are in a national database as a safe and up to date practitioner. Often, you will also see OTR/L. This additional L just means you are also licensed with your state's certifying board, however some states don't have these boards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (103) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jemmabaker in Surrey, United Kingdom

82 months ago

Off-the-Record Messaging, commonly referred to as OTR, is a cryptographic protocol that provides strong encryption for instant messaging conversations...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

Jack in Auckland, New Zealand

82 months ago

LOL this thread is hilarious

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

dade in Sayre, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

lmfao

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

LMT looking into OTR in Scarborough, Maine

69 months ago

""OTR" is an occupational therapist (the OT part) who is registered (the R part) with NBCOT"

Thank you for the info. I started tonight into researching about OT and came across the OTR. That cleared that up. I am interested in becoming an OTR. I believe it will go nicely with my LMT. I didn't become a PT because of the restrictions of "NOT allowed to touch without a prescription". It may have changed in the 12 years since I became a licensed massage therapist - "licensed to touch with a prescription." The occupational outlook for OTs is VERY GOOD, with salary ranges of $38K to $52K. Now, to find out about some of the schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Heather L Eldridge in saint cloud, Minnesota

44 months ago

job wise, what is the difference between an OTA and an OTR?? salary, job descriptions..etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.