passing the NBCOT exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 2223)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

DCOT in Washington, District of Columbia

72 months ago

I just found out I failed the test yesterday! Although I am extremely sad, I am back at it today!! One thing I didn't the last time I studied was studying with a group a people. If there is anyone out there who lives in/around the DC area and is interested in studying together please let me know! I am even willing to study on skype with a person who lives long distance! Also any suggestions/tips for taking the test the second time would be great too!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Canadian OT in Marysville, California

72 months ago

DCOT in Washington, District of Columbia said: I just found out I failed the test yesterday! Although I am extremely sad, I am back at it today!! One thing I didn't the last time I studied was studying with a group a people. If there is anyone out there who lives in/around the DC area and is interested in studying together please let me know! I am even willing to study on skype with a person who lives long distance! Also any suggestions/tips for taking the test the second time would be great too!!!

So sorry to hear that :(
What was your study strategy last time? And what would you do different now?
Was the exam focused on a specific area or did it cover several areas?
Im studying for my exam as well so if you want to communicate over messenger just email me at the-8th-wonder@hotmail.com
I do have skype but have no idea how to use it.
Google messenger or MSN would probably be good too.

sull in Quincy, Massachusetts

72 months ago

Sorry to hear you didn't pass, but at least you have the experience of taking the exam. So do I, as I took it twice, I WOULD LOVE TO STUDY WITH YOU !!! I am looking for a study partner too :) I could definetly study with you on SKYPE

Let me know what works for you, Thanks, Mary

72 months ago

hey maybe we can all study together!

My email is Angeledge3@aol.com

72 months ago

CC, girl who started post in Waltham, Massachusetts said: I am waiting on my test results. I took the stupid test in early July and have to wait until the 24th to find out if I passed.
I was kinda upset when I took the test and realized all the developmental levels I had memorized, MET levels and stupid levels of this and that I got from the Rita book was not at all on the test.I think I got lost in that book and just started memorizing way too much information.
I honestly think the best way to study is to actually read our text books. All of the NBCOT questions come from OT books such as the Case Smith peds books and the trombly phys dys book.
I guess the point of this post is just to say, don't study details. I got really carried away. It is best just to study general knowledge and you have a better way of making a decision if you have a general idea. Just my tip before you go into the exam.

THNKS FOR THE TIPS HOW DID YOU DO???? DID YOU PASS ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Canadian OT in Marysville, California said: So sorry to hear that :(
What was your study strategy last time? And what would you do different now?
Was the exam focused on a specific area or did it cover several areas?
Im studying for my exam as well so if you want to communicate over messenger just email me at the-8th-wonder@hotmail.com
I do have skype but have no idea how to use it.
Google messenger or MSN would probably be good too.

Hi, thanks for your reply I'll email you!!

72 months ago

sull in Quincy, Massachusetts said: hey maybe we can all study together!

My email is Angeledge3@aol.com

Mary, thanks for the positive feedback!! It really helps to know that their are others out there that are going through something similar!! I'll email you about a study group!!

GG in Quincy, Massachusetts

72 months ago

Mary in Quincy, Massachusetts said: I AGREE THE NBCOT BOOK IS BEST TO GET IT TELLS YOU WHY THE QUESTION IS RIGHT OR WRONG
I HAVE TAKEN THE EXAM TWICE NEED TO TAKE IT AGAIN, NEED ANY HELP STUDYING I HAVE THE NBCOT TEST BOOK CD AND FLASH CARDS LOOKING FOR A STUDY PARTNER IN MASS

Hello, I am in Quincy and failed the NBCOT for the 1st time. I am definitely interested in studying. Please email me at themimi00@hotmail.com

Thanks

dadlynn in Jacksonville, Florida

72 months ago

can someone give me a definition for client centered goal or therapy. Thanks

OT in Drogheda, Ireland

72 months ago

'Client centred' goal/therapy basically means that you collaborate with your client to set a goal and proceed with therapy. I.e treat them like a partner in therapy, find out what they percieve their strenghts & limitations to be, and what they would like to work on. Build a relationship and base your therapy off of your interactions with client. Make sense?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

OT in Drogheda, Ireland said: 'Client centred' goal/therapy basically means that you collaborate with your client to set a goal and proceed with therapy. I.e treat them like a partner in therapy, find out what they percieve their strenghts & limitations to be, and what they would like to work on. Build a relationship and base your therapy off of your interactions with client. Make sense?

yes, thank you

72 months ago

can anyone help me. every time i took the practice exam, treatment planning and implementation are my weakness. any advice. Thanks

72 months ago

Does anyone took the otadvantage course. does it help. let me know thanks

linda overton in Aldenhoven, Germany

72 months ago

Hello. I took the advantage course in January, yes it was excellent
and has assisted me in preparing for the exam. We took a simulated test during the course and it offered excellent strategies to focus on to enable you to pass the exam. Good luck!

72 months ago

linda overton in Aldenhoven, Germany said: Hello. I took the advantage course in January, yes it was excellent
and has assisted me in preparing for the exam. We took a simulated test during the course and it offered excellent strategies to focus on to enable you to pass the exam. Good luck!

Thanks. was it for otr or cota. im studying for cota and do you know if 2 people can share the cost. thanks

linda overton in Eschweiler, Germany

72 months ago

Hi. I think it was just for OTR but they may also run other courses
contact them and find out about the cost.Best Wishes Linda

72 months ago

linda overton in Eschweiler, Germany said: Hi. I think it was just for OTR but they may also run other courses
contact them and find out about the cost.Best Wishes Linda

thanks

72 months ago

Does anyone know if i can share the cost of the otadvantage class for cota. let me know. Thanks

naomij in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

naomij in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

INTERESTED IN STUDY GROUP FOR THE COTA EXAM PLS EMAIL ME ATireiny26@yahoo.com

naomij in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

need a study partner for the cota exam...ireiny26@yahoo.com

LILI in Orlando, Florida

72 months ago

How can I take a temporary license as a OT. I am international OT.
Thanks a lot for the information.

FRANKEY UKEY in Pune, India

72 months ago

LILI in Orlando, Florida said: How can I take a temporary license as a OT. I am international OT.
Thanks a lot for the information.

just go to website of respective state licensing board and check for the requirements. You can also call them to clear your further doubts.

72 months ago

Does anyone purchase the nbcot.org practice question for $45 package for cota. Did it help. let me know thanks

new grad in Lansing, Illinois

72 months ago

Marissa in Flushing, New York said: does anyone know where is the nbcot online practice exam? i cant find it on nbcot.org.

castleworldwide.com

new grad in Lansing, Illinois

72 months ago

dadlynn in Jacksonville, Florida said: Does anyone purchase the nbcot.org practice question for $45 package for cota. Did it help. let me know thanks

It helped me... I took the practice exam and all of the content exams.... it is a good study tool just to confirm what you already know... the practice exam will not tell you which ones you got wrong... the content exams tell you which ones are wrong and why!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

new grad in Lansing, Illinois said: It helped me... I took the practice exam and all of the content exams.... it is a good study tool just to confirm what you already know... the practice exam will not tell you which ones you got wrong... the content exams tell you which ones are wrong and why!

Thanks

Kelly in Mesa, Arizona

71 months ago

Nik in Hollywood, Florida said: I bought the therapyed book and studied for 2.5 months and I failed the exam. Any suggestions?

I feel for you. I studied with the Therapy Ed stuff for about 7 weeks 4 hours a day and just failed the test (This was March 8, 2010). Have you passed it since? Any suggestions? I was 20 points off from 450 on my total score. Ugh!

71 months ago

im confused about visual perceptual in alcoholics. Can someone help me and let me know if its a permanent or temporal deficit in general. Thanks

naomij in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

was it the OTR OR COTA EXAM

71 months ago

naomij in Houston, Texas said: was it the OTR OR COTA EXAM

no

Ipshi in Pinner, United Kingdom

71 months ago

Am planning to take the OTR exam around Aug this year.anyone wants to be a study partner please? my email address is tdy2kk@gmail.com Eagerly waiting for some positive response.

70 months ago

what is the best place for OT treatment for a school age child? thanks

frustrated in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

70 months ago

I did not pass my first time I took the NBCOT exam and I took it a 2nd time and just found out that I passed!!!
I suggest taking as many practice exams as you can!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stressed in Marysville, California

70 months ago

frustrated in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I did not pass my first time I took the NBCOT exam and I took it a 2nd time and just found out that I passed!!!

Congratulations!!
I failed my first time as well and will be retaking it in a month. Did you study alot more the 2nd time or was it just a diff study strategy? Im very confused and scared. I did quite a few practice tests the 1st time around, but I think I may have not read the questions correctly on the exam. Do you have any other suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

frustrated in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I did not pass my first time I took the NBCOT exam and I took it a 2nd time and just found out that I passed!!!

congrats!!!

KC in Flint, Michigan

70 months ago

dadlynn in Jacksonville, Florida said: what is the best place for OT treatment for a school age child? thanks

In a school environment (the most natural environment is best) where you can observe classroom behaviors, abilities and socialization.

M in Homestead, Florida

70 months ago

Hello.
I recently passed the OT board exam, and I have EVERYTHING you need to pass the OT board exam.
i am selling my:
1) Castleworldwide.com official NBCOT practice tests, i have the 100 question
test, the mental health, peds, phys. dis, and management practice tests with the answers, it is highlightes....

2.) also included is my therapyed book highlighted along with all notecards i used to pass the exam from the book that i made

3.) including extra study notes and the therapyed prep course study guide as well.

4.) also, the NBCOTEXAM.COM practice test which is 300 questions, the answers and the official study guide.
..please email me if interested or respond on here. I will sell for best offer. I can ship ASAP.
My email is:
Simba21784@aol.com

M in Homestead, Florida

70 months ago

i meant to write it is "HIGHLIGHTED"

70 months ago

KC in Flint, Michigan said: In a school environment (the most natural environment is best) where you can observe classroom behaviors, abilities and socialization.

thanks

KC in Flint, Michigan

70 months ago

I just found out I passed on my second attempt!!
I had a feeling it went a lot better & they posted results today.
To anyone studying, stick with it. It pays off although not passing is so discouraging. I'm selling my study books so let me know if you're interested in buying any. Good Luck everyone!

-The Official NBCOT® Study Guide
-Occupational Therapy Examination Review Guide by Caryn R. Johnson
-National Occupational Therapy Certification Exam Review & Study Guide by Rita P. Fleming-Castaldy(This one really helped)
-Fundamentals of Hand Therapy: Clinical Reasoning and Treatment Guidelines for Common Diagnoses of the Upper Extremity by Cynthia Cooper MFA MA OTR/L CHT
-Introduction to Splinting: A Clinical Reasoning and Problem-Solving Approach by
Brenda M. Coppard PhD OTR/L

70 months ago

KC in Flint, Michigan said: I just found out I passed on my second attempt!!
I had a feeling it went a lot better & they posted results today.
To anyone studying, stick with it. It pays off although not passing is so discouraging. I'm selling my study books so let me know if you're interested in buying any. Good Luck everyone!

-The Official NBCOT® Study Guide
-Occupational Therapy Examination Review Guide by Caryn R. Johnson
-National Occupational Therapy Certification Exam Review & Study Guide by Rita P. Fleming-Castaldy(This one really helped)
-Fundamentals of Hand Therapy: Clinical Reasoning and Treatment Guidelines for Common Diagnoses of the Upper Extremity by Cynthia Cooper MFA MA OTR/L CHT
-Introduction to Splinting: A Clinical Reasoning and Problem-Solving Approach by
Brenda M. Coppard PhD OTR/L

congrats!!!

70 months ago

OMG!!! Just found out that i passed the NBCOT test. Lord, you are worthy to be praise:)

KC in Flint, Michigan

70 months ago

dadlynn in Jacksonville, Florida said: OMG!!! Just found out that i passed the NBCOT test. Lord, you are worthy to be praise:)

congrats to you too!!

70 months ago

dadlynn in Jacksonville, Florida said: OMG!!! Just found out that i passed the NBCOT test. Lord, you are worthy to be praise:)

praised

Kelly in Mesa, Arizona

70 months ago

To those of you who are being discouraging and negative about our newly chosen careers as OT's - this forum is about our efforts to pass the NBCOT exam. Pick another forum to try to hurt people, this one is about ENCOURAGING each other. Take your negativity elsewhere!!!!

70 months ago

Kelly in Mesa, Arizona said: To those of you who are being discouraging and negative about our newly chosen careers as OT's - this forum is about our efforts to pass the NBCOT exam. Pick another forum to try to hurt people, this one is about ENCOURAGING each other. Take your negativity elsewhere!!!!

thank you

Ipshi in London, United Kingdom

70 months ago

I can see that those negative comments are deleted from the form..or am i for some reason missing them...however, thanks Kelly for reinforcing the right perspective of this forum..it indeed was very discouraging...we need encouragement, thats why we come back to this forum,, not for any discouraging comments...

chrissc in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

yeah, looks like their FINALLY policing this forum... we've needed that for about a year now lol... but better late than never :)

Kelly in Mesa, Arizona

70 months ago

Glad that the discouraging stuff is being removed...facing this exam, for the first time or facing it again if you have failed it like I did, is difficult. We need all the hope and positive ideas we can give each other!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »