Is this a good plan for college?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

aussiecollie in Napoleon, Ohio

34 months ago

I am trying to decide what college I want to go to but first I need to pick a major. I want to be an Occupational Therapist, so should I go into Pre-Occupational Therapy major and minor/double minor in Human Development, Psychology, Rehabilitive Science, or Kinesiology? I basically need a plan A and if that isn't offered at a school then go onto plan B, C, etc. Right now this is what I am thinking;

Plan A: Major in Pre OT and Minor in Rehabilitive Science
Plan B: Major in Rehabilitive Science and Minor in Human Development
Plan C: Major in Human Development and minor in Psychology

Or do you recommend something else? I need guidance on where to go with this...is Pre OT considered a bachelors and then I would go into a OT program for a masters or..? I am starting to get my research mixed all together when it comes to becoming an Occupational Therapist. Please straighten me out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NaraCookies in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

Why do you need a minor at all? Why not just major in Pre OT and just get the pre reqs knocked out for grad school with that undergrad. But do understand you wouldn't qualify to be a occupational therapy assistant by doing this program, you are basically a biology major like pre dental or pre physical therapy...aka biology major. Or you could choose a easier major like Human Development, so that you can maintain a really high gpa but just fill up all of your electives with the pre reqs for grad school... like A&P, physics.. etc. In my area you need at least a 3.5 gpa to get into a OT program. Also a major in Human Development may give you opportunities to work with the disabled, so that you can have experience with theses groups before applying to grad school. A psychology major could do this as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.