OTA career in Connecticut

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

frodo7 in New Milford, Connecticut

63 months ago

Hi-considering OTA vs PTA career in Connecticut. i've been shadowing PTA and OTA, noticed that i have yet to meet an OTA, only see OT's. I am more passionate about OTA due to the Pysch component, but worried not enough job opportunities. Also I'm 40, worried about which one might be more physically debilitating?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

martin in Santa Ana, California

61 months ago

FGT in Greenville, South Carolina said: Words of advise: Don't pursue to OT track. Carefully read these forums and see what people are saying. You will not find this type of rhetoric in the PT/PTA forum or the nursing forum. I REALLY, REALLY wish I would have found out about this forum before going back to school and wasting precious time and money. I, too, am 40 and feel I have made a huge mistake.

im going for ota and i am concerned about your comments. what did you find out about this career that didnt like you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Suzie Que in Fort Collins, Colorado

61 months ago

These forums are filled with the rantings of one crazed individual. She goes by many names such as Jillian, Lindsay, Matilda, Van etc, etc. Don't pay attention to him/her/it. Do some shadowing, ask some OT's their opinion and make up your own mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sylviajarvis30@yahoo.com in Southbridge, Massachusetts

61 months ago

frodo7 in New Milford, Connecticut said: Hi-considering OTA vs PTA career in Connecticut. i've been shadowing PTA and OTA, noticed that i have yet to meet an OTA, only see OT's. I am more passionate about OTA due to the Pysch component, but worried not enough job opportunities. Also I'm 40, worried about which one might be more physically debilitating?

Oh my! Cotas are in high demand in your area! I am a travel cota from ma. I just finshed an asssignment in redding ct. MY take home pay was $1400.! Yes $1400. a wk take home. However I find and pay for my apt. If i let my recruiter take acare of my housing I would take home appr 1100. a wk. I start another assignment i bethel ct this Monday. I am looking for housing too as we speak! This is a great field to get into!!!! You have so many opptions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Zane6429 in Lafayette, Indiana

40 months ago

martin in Santa Ana, California said: im going for ota and i am concerned about your comments. what did you find out about this career that didnt like you.

--I recommend joining the forum that AOTA has on their website. Everyone there actually loves OT and there's not all this negativity. It's a great field, just not for everyone, as is everything in life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lauren in Dundas, Ontario

36 months ago

I currently work as an OTA within an outpatient mental health facility and I love my job. I would 100% recommend pursuing any job in occupational therapy. With my experience in OT within hospital it is a little less exciting for me as mental health is quite fascinating; I learn so many new things everyday. Who ever said OT doesn't have a psych component clearly has no idea what they are talking about; even when I was working on an orthopedic ward I was still doing mental status exams and mini-mentals. There is most defiantly a psych aspect to OT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.