Recertification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

shire in mound, Minnesota

60 months ago

I need to recertify myself as an occupational therapy asst. Vollunteering is a way I can earn my PDUs. Does anyone know of any volunteer jobs for someone wanting to reenter the field. I love to work with children but am open to all groups of people needing occupational therapy services. Sheryl M. Lauritson

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gbota in Knoxville, Tennessee

59 months ago

What do you mean recertify?? What about your state license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Carmen in Willington, Connecticut

40 months ago

shire in mound, Minnesota said: I need to recertify myself as an occupational therapy asst. Vollunteering is a way I can earn my PDUs. Does anyone know of any volunteer jobs for someone wanting to reenter the field. I love to work with children but am open to all groups of people needing occupational therapy services. Sheryl M. Lauritson

just came across your post when I was searching ways for myself to become recertify in Ct. Wondering how it's going for you? Also, how about attending OT seminars or inservices? How many hours of volunteering did you have to do? good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shire in mound in Minneapolis, Minnesota

40 months ago

I live in Minnesota and let my cota state license laspe forever. I took the ot refresher course but in order to be licensed in the state of minutes, I would first need 160 hours under the supervision of an OTR in a 2 month period and in the 6 months period, I would need 480 hours of work as an ot before I could recieve my MN license. I would work with a limited license first then if I had the hours in, I would be licensed in MN. I am now working with children in child care settings and adults with disabilities in their home. I have people skills and am quite knowledgeable of health issues but it does not seem like anyone will give me a chance. I also have volunteered with WE CAN RIDE- hippotherapy. I applied for a Pennsylvania license and received it because that state only requires you to be current with NBCOT. I would have to renew it soon as it expires. I would seriously like to work as a cota. I have all my immunizations and have a company that would most likely employ me. I am waiting for my daughter to be situated in school. She did not want me to leave yet. She has had depression so I am cautious. I do need solid employment. I love working with people and feel that I would have a lot to contribute. I think I would like to do some more preparation for work as an ot. I was happy that someone responded to me. I think MN must be a state whose OT market is saturateed. I don't know for sure. Could someone respond and also give me ideas about volunteering and shadowing occupational professionals in Minnesota. Thankyou.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.