Volunteer for OTA School.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

danophillip in Little Rock, Arkansas

19 months ago

I am pretty sure I would do well in OTA school. I think I would love working as an OTA. The thing is that I am having a difficult time getting in my hours to volunteer under an OTA or OT. Any hints, or advice? I have called everyone in town, but no response. I am having a hard time seeing how/why an OT would be ok with letting someone work with their clients that has little training.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thank-you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TB in Fountain Valley, California

19 months ago

Hi Richard, I was looking on this forum and saw your post. You also live right near me. If you don't mind, can I ask you a few questions? I was looking into the COTA program at Stanbridge College in Irvine. I heard a few negative things about this career that made me begin to think twice. Its it true that the only jobs for COTAs are at SNFs? Is it true that COTAs are pretty much glorified CNAs? The program at Stanbridge is $40,000, do you think its worth it? Would you recommend this career? Thanks if you respond!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TB in Fountain Valley, California

19 months ago

Oh sorry about the name mistake Robert. Thanks for your answers. My first plan was to do Nursing and I will stick with that. Where I can get a job at a hospital. Do you have the time to go back to school to do Nursing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.