what review books did you use for NBCOT exam?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Mike in Katy, Texas

55 months ago

Hi,

What review books did you use for passing NBCOT in the recent year?

Any suggestions on study aids/tips/books?

Thanks
Mike

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

TG in Cranston, Rhode Island

52 months ago

I took the exam in May and I used The COTA Examination Review Guide by Caryn Johnson. My whole class more or less used that study guide and we all passed! It comes with a CD to practice the tests on the computer. There were even a few very similar questions on the exam that were in the study guide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alison in Liverpool, New York

52 months ago

I highly recommend purchasing the online practice exams and/or the Official NBCOT OTR or COTA Study Guide. These practice exams are the most authentic material you can purchase (www.nbcot.org).

You can check out the OT Advantage Online Exam Prep Course (www.ot-advantage.com). It incorporates this study guide as well. There are some other helpful tools for free and purchase available (study groups, newsletter, flash cards, practice questions...).

Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bobbieabbott in Lady Lake, Florida

18 months ago

I went to the advantage website and they are no longer offering NBCOT prep courses online or the flash cards??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

How about using TherapyED? Also www.examfacts.com has COTA and OT study guides. I'm also a big fan of Rita's books on COTA and OT's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

there is also www.otstudyguide.com and Carolyn Johnson has a couple of books too!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GBP in Campobello, South Carolina

16 months ago

Does anyone have the TherapyEd book and CD for sale? I will be taking by COTA exam in November....any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BH in Roswell, Georgia

15 months ago

Prepping for the OTA test next week. Peers are saying it is very hard and nothing like "the purple book." Lots of Ped's that we never studied. I am fighting against a Brown Mackie education!!! Help :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

AK in Stover, Missouri

11 months ago

I am getting ready to take the exam in a month and am using the purple book too. Your comment mentions that it's nothing like the actual exam. Is that true? what would you recommend?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SP in Tallahassee, Florida

8 months ago

hi
i am giving cota exam second time this june
does anyone have suggestions or have given second time who could help me
it will be very helpful my email is shraddha0590@Yahoo.com
thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

SP in Tallahassee, Florida

8 months ago

i am really very scared for this exam because i failed once so it is very scaring for me
and i want to pass this time no matter what i am trying to study all i can right now
so please if anyone can help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.