what review books did you use for NBCOT exam?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Mike in Katy, Texas

71 months ago

Hi,

What review books did you use for passing NBCOT in the recent year?

Any suggestions on study aids/tips/books?

Thanks
Mike

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

TG in Cranston, Rhode Island

68 months ago

I took the exam in May and I used The COTA Examination Review Guide by Caryn Johnson. My whole class more or less used that study guide and we all passed! It comes with a CD to practice the tests on the computer. There were even a few very similar questions on the exam that were in the study guide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alison in Liverpool, New York

68 months ago

I highly recommend purchasing the online practice exams and/or the Official NBCOT OTR or COTA Study Guide. These practice exams are the most authentic material you can purchase (www.nbcot.org).

You can check out the OT Advantage Online Exam Prep Course (www.ot-advantage.com). It incorporates this study guide as well. There are some other helpful tools for free and purchase available (study groups, newsletter, flash cards, practice questions...).

Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bobbieabbott in Lady Lake, Florida

35 months ago

I went to the advantage website and they are no longer offering NBCOT prep courses online or the flash cards??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Waukesha, Wisconsin

35 months ago

How about using TherapyED? Also www.examfacts.com has COTA and OT study guides. I'm also a big fan of Rita's books on COTA and OT's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Waukesha, Wisconsin

35 months ago

there is also www.otstudyguide.com and Carolyn Johnson has a couple of books too!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GBP in Campobello, South Carolina

33 months ago

Does anyone have the TherapyEd book and CD for sale? I will be taking by COTA exam in November....any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BH in Roswell, Georgia

31 months ago

Prepping for the OTA test next week. Peers are saying it is very hard and nothing like "the purple book." Lots of Ped's that we never studied. I am fighting against a Brown Mackie education!!! Help :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

AK in Stover, Missouri

27 months ago

I am getting ready to take the exam in a month and am using the purple book too. Your comment mentions that it's nothing like the actual exam. Is that true? what would you recommend?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SP in Tallahassee, Florida

24 months ago

hi
i am giving cota exam second time this june
does anyone have suggestions or have given second time who could help me
it will be very helpful my email is shraddha0590@Yahoo.com
thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SP in Tallahassee, Florida

24 months ago

i am really very scared for this exam because i failed once so it is very scaring for me
and i want to pass this time no matter what i am trying to study all i can right now
so please if anyone can help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gemma in Bronx, New York

14 months ago

.....CONTINUED.....

3) TherapyEd Occupational Therapy Course Manual (5.0 Edition, 2014) by Rita Fleming-Castaldy that I got from the TherapyEd exam prep course (very helpful)- $32 with free shipping

- I paid $215 for the 2 day exam prep course- This manual is only available to course participants but I found it helpful, which is why I want to sell it to you for only $32.
- Manual has NO markings and looks brand new!
- This is NOT the full review guide. This manual ACCOMPANIES the Fleming Review & Study guide (7th Ed.) by Rita Fleming, guiding your focus within the larger review book.
- Includes study strategies, study hints, and an abbreviated content review from the Review & Study Guide (7th Ed.) by Rita Fleming.

4) Official NBCOT Study Guide for OTR Certification Examination (3rd Edition)- $59 with free shipping

- I purchased this for $72. This guide is like brand new and has no markings!
- Absolute must have! Questions are similar to the NBCOT exam questions!
- Includes 5 sections (A-E) of practice Clinical Simulation test, 100 OTR multiple choice sample items, 8 scenarios of multiple-choice study items, rationales/references to all questions, and test-taking strategies!

Payment via PAYPAL only. Email me: bbq.111@hotmail.com. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

benner@*****.*** in Ferndale, Michigan

13 months ago

Gemma in Bronx, New York said: .....CONTINUED.....

3) TherapyEd Occupational Therapy Course Manual (5.0 Edition, 2014) by Rita Fleming-Castaldy that I got from the TherapyEd exam prep course (very helpful)- $32 with free shipping

- I paid $215 for the 2 day exam prep course- This manual is only available to course participants but I found it helpful, which is why I want to sell it to you for only $32.
- Manual has NO markings and looks brand new!
- This is NOT the full review guide. This manual ACCOMPANIES the Fleming Review & Study guide (7th Ed.) by Rita Fleming, guiding your focus within the larger review book.
- Includes study strategies, study hints, and an abbreviated content review from the Review & Study Guide (7th Ed.) by Rita Fleming.

4) Official NBCOT Study Guide for OTR Certification Examination (3rd Edition)- $59 with free shipping

- I purchased this for $72. This guide is like brand new and has no markings!
- Absolute must have! Questions are similar to the NBCOT exam questions!
- Includes 5 sections (A-E) of practice Clinical Simulation test, 100 OTR multiple choice sample items, 8 scenarios of multiple-choice study items, rationales/references to all questions, and test-taking strategies!

Payment via PAYPAL only. Email me: bbq.111@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Do you still have these resources for sale? Very interested.

13 months ago

Do you still have these resources/ book available?

13 months ago

Please contact me

13 months ago

Looking to purchase books for preparing to take NBCOT exam

bt012 in Anaheim, California

10 months ago

Hello,

I have Preparing for the OT national board exam - 45 days and counting by DiZazzo-Miller and Pellerito for purchase $29 dollars (PDF) without the CD.

AOTA uses these two books highly as references for their questions:
-- Willard and Spackman's Occupational Therapy, 11th edition, PDF, $9
---Case-Smith's Occupational Therapy for Children, 6th edition, PDF, $22

EMAIL me at OTBTX27@gmail.com if interested

eting in Denver, Colorado

10 months ago

bobbieabbott in Lady Lake, Florida said: I went to the advantage website and they are no longer offering NBCOT prep courses online or the flash cards??

Selling my exam prep questions with rationales for a very good price. Many months left before expiration.
Email me: etingskie@gmail.com

eting in Denver, Colorado

9 months ago

Selling my exam prep subscription at affordable price. Many months left.
email: etingskie@gmail.com

Therapy ed study guide 6th ed with CD
No highlight marks but have a few ballpen lines
$40 + shipping
etingskie@gmail.com

Antmart in Bronx, New York

8 months ago

Anybody here preparing for the NBCOT COTA exam? Anyone taken it as of yet or recently? I need to know if the purple book helped because I feel the purple book is dated. I know that the exam has changed since 2002. I have the TherapyEd book and access to the AOTA practice questions. The TherapyEd book has SOOO much information that it is too much to remember.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eddiebee in San Jose, California

3 months ago

I have some months left on an AOTA exam prep subscription.
Email me eddiebee@juno.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.