college graduate trying to find right entry to start career path

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Jospeh Carre in Goleta, California

52 months ago

Hi,
I am about to graduate college with a biz-econ degree, and am going to take up a job (probably after I do an internship) at a corporation. I was wondering: what are good ENTRY-LEVEL fields/job titles in a corporation, which, if I do well in and am promoted, will eventually make me the GENERAL manager of a region/ number of stores/restaurants which the corporations oversee. In other words, I don't eventually want to be the Lead manager of marketing or HR, but instead I want to become more like the coo of a corporation, but on a lower/regional scale; I've been told that starting in any field having to do with operations is a good idea, some have also said that the sales field is a good way to work my way up to managing many stores/sales units. However, I've been to different companies websites, and have seen that entry level jobs differ in wording and description. some have entry level management jobs, logistic jobs, operations jobs, sales jobs,etc.

Soooo...
in general, could you guys give me the titles of some entry-level jobs, which if I were take up and rise through the corporate ladder, would put me in the position of regional/multi-unit GENERAL manager?

(Again, I want to be a GENERAL manager, working with many different aspects of the corporation.)

Please help!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.