Paralegal Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (275) - Start a Discussion

SSgt, USAF in Abilene, Texas

Updated 58 months ago

Is ABA enough - 9 Replies

Should I go to South University online Paralegal program? This program is ABA approved. I will take the 4 required classed at Mississippi College...

Cuban Goddess Chic in Denver, Colorado

Updated 58 months ago

Hiring Increase Seen in Slave Labor, I mean "Interns" - 16 Replies

First off, let me just say that internships are one of the biggest scams out there. It's basically no different than slave labor since your hiring...

Diocletian in Northampton, Massachusetts

Updated 58 months ago

become a paralegal with a record? - 6 Replies

Is it possible to become a paralegal even if u have 3 drunk drivings on your record?

dh in Northern CA, California

Updated 59 months ago

Does Anyone Not Speak English Anymore? - 41 Replies

I'm applying to paralegal jobs here in NYC, and I would estiamte that over 50% of the job postings require fluency in a foreign language, which I...

baverso in Middletown, Connecticut

Gaining entry level experience?

To all who have paralegal experience: If you don't have anyone to network with, what are the best ways to gain entry level experience into the career...

vicque fassinger in Cleveland, Ohio

Updated 59 months ago

I'm Torn! & Dunno What to be When I Grow Up! - 19 Replies

I'm gonna sound just like everyone else here. I'm 24, outta work and am throwin in the towel on looking a permanent job. I'm 5 months pregnant and...

Paralegal in Dallas, Texas

Updated 60 months ago

Are "Temp to Perm" Jobs Real? - 3 Replies

I keep seing ads for temp to perm jobs. Do thses jobs really become permanent, or do they just say it does to attract more applicants? If a job is...

dlanderer in Irvine, California

How can I get a job as a paralegal in California?

I will have completed all the requirements for my degree by March. I will have a BA in Political Science (emphasis in legal studies) and a minor in...

Para_ATL in Snellville, Georgia

Updated 60 months ago

Paralegal Or MBA - 24 Replies

Hi everyone, I am a college graduate with 10 years of management experience.But I hate my job and want to switch profesion.I always wanted to go to...

Updated 60 months ago

ABA Paralegal Certificate Plus Health Insurance Experience - 14 Replies

I am a forty year old male who graduated from an ABA Approved Paralegal Certificate Program in 08. I have never worked as a Paralegal. I have signed...

Donald_ in New Jersey

Updated 60 months ago

Is this the Start of a New Trend? - 9 Replies

I was browsing through paralegal jobs in my area, and I came across this one from Lockheed Martin. One of the requirements is a JD. If a law degree...

Paralegal Employment from Home Recent Grads Welcome

I work as an independant contractor as a paralegal for a bankruptcy/divorce filing service. I am so happy! I am paid with a 1099 and by the case. I...

kmm in Wilmington, DE in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania

Updated 60 months ago

The "lucrative and growing field" lie - 42 Replies

Why do they keep this lie perpetuating? http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/career-articles-surprising_jobs_that_pay_25_an_hour-983

Updated 61 months ago

paralegal with software experience - 31 Replies

Hi I need real world advice. I want to get a british LLM in intellectual property and internet law. I have a business undergrad degree and worked in...

Updated 61 months ago

Need some solid advise - 23 Replies

I am a stay at home mom, my youngest is going to school next Sept. I was thinking of going to school online for either a paralegal AAS or a post...

Fedup Paralegal in Spring, Texas

Updated 61 months ago

Paralegal to ..... what? I need assistance on what path to travel next - 11 Replies

I am done with lawyers. I have dealt with them for ten years and that is just enough time. I am recently back into the unemployed land of America...

Donald

Updated 62 months ago

I Need Some Advice: Thinking of Going into Accounting - 1 Reply

Well, I'm still having no luck finding a job (any job, not just a paralegal one). I was originally hopeful since I thought I had 2 soldid leads, but...

kmm in Wilmington, Delaware

Updated 62 months ago

Being a Paralegal Is the Greatest Job in the World! - 15 Replies

Well, it is according to this article from the ABA Journal: IT and Litigation Support Paralegals Earn a Median of $115K http://www.abajournal.co...

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

Updated 62 months ago

almost done in school and dont know where ill end up - 80 Replies

Im in a paralegal insitute college, and by january I will have my AA, the only thing is this school hasnt really gaiven me the experience i need to...

Lupe Gonzalez in Plano, Texas

Updated 62 months ago

Case Assistant to Receptionist.. - 23 Replies

I just started working at a litigation firm in October as a Case Assistant. Last Friday I was informed that the Receptionist & I are changing...

Updated 62 months ago

paralegal opps in Atl - 15 Replies

I am a recent graduate (BS in Crim Justice, also AS Liberal Arts). Thinking of going after Paralegal Cert (ABA approved). How long does it normally...

Updated 63 months ago

Paralegal---Input Needed! - 9 Replies

I need some input. My background: Over 15 years working in corporate marketing and sales departments in the Technology, Banking, and Education...

Jamie in Provincetown, Massachusetts

Updated 63 months ago

Advice Sought on Networking and Landing a Paralegal Position in Boston or D.C. - 4 Replies

I recently relocated to just outside of Boston from Minnesota where I had been employed as a paralegal for a small family law firm. I also have...

Paralegal in Carrollton, Texas

Updated 63 months ago

Help please! I'm interested in a new career as a paralegal. Please advise..... - 13 Replies

Hey guys, I'm 39 yrs. old and was recently laid off from my lucrative pharmaceutical job of 7 years (thank God!), for I'm done with corporate...

cobra1 in Indio, California

I can't help but recognize.....

Hey, guys, I'm new and contemplating a career change to parlegal. I can't help but notice the parallel occuring on this forum between pralegal and...

Para 1 in Cincinnati, Ohio

Updated 63 months ago

Career shift - 2 Replies

I am considering the San Francisco State University Paralegal Studies Certificate after being laid off recently. I have been spent several years...

T in Devils Lake, North Dakota

Updated 63 months ago

Any suggestions for on an online school for paralegal studies? Kesier University maybe? - 4 Replies

I am looking to get my Associates in Paralegal studies and want an online school that has a bricks and mortor school in Florida also. I am not in a...

Darlene in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Updated 63 months ago

What do legal file clerks make nationally? - 3 Replies

Hello, I have An AAS Associate in Paralegal Studies, BA in Business Administration with concentration in computer networking and a ABA approve Post...

Updated 64 months ago

Is there a difference between an associates in Paralegal Studies and a Paralegal Certificate? - 152 Replies

I hope this is not a stupid question but I keep reading that the minimal qualifications are an associates degree and a paralegal certificate. I am...

Paralegal in Carrollton, Texas

Updated 64 months ago

Paralegal or Law Degree? - 5 Replies

I can go either way. I have a BA Philosophy so I could go to law school. However, there are many cons 1. paying at least $51K for (all semesters)...

Updated 64 months ago

Direction? - 283 Replies

Hello to everyone: Right now I am being offered an unprecedented opportunity to get my certification in Paralegal Studies. (It's in the form of a...

Updated 65 months ago

Unpaid Paralegal Internship for non-student - 1 Reply

Has anyone tried unpaid paralegal internship even though you're not currently enrolled in a school? Would be happy to share your insight and...

ParaGyrl in Fairfield County, Connecticut

Updated 65 months ago

Discouraged in Fairfield - 11 Replies

I've been laid off from my paralegal position approximately two months. I can honestly say that I LOVED MY JOB. During that time I've updated and...

Updated 65 months ago

Networking for Paralegals - 1 Reply

Has anyone used http://www.paralegalcity.com for networking?

Updated 65 months ago

Paralegal in California with Acounting/Mortgage Background - 13 Replies

Actually I am completing an A.S in Paralegal Studies. I have an accounting (non-degreed) background and I have worked the last 5 years in mortgage,...

Updated 65 months ago

Paralegal with Finance background - 58 Replies

I will receive a bachelors degree within a year in Finance. I want to obtain a paralegal certificate and work in the field. I don't know much about...

Cynthia822

Updated 66 months ago

difference between certificate and diploma prog? - 3 Replies

I currently have an Associates from Kaplan in Criminal Justice. I have prior law firm administrative exp about 2 yrs worth. I am looking into a...

Lay off Move on in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 67 months ago

Discouraged in Fairfield - 5 Replies

I've been laid off from my paralegal position approximately two months. I can honestly say that I LOVED MY JOB. During that time I've updated and...

Updated 67 months ago

Time to change... or not?!? Paralegal?!? - 11 Replies

I am 35 years old (not young to be changing career and very worried), but I have a bachelor's degree in businees administration major in marketing...

loyalramfan in Los Angeles, California

Updated 67 months ago

The real truth about the Paralegal Profession - 36 Replies

Over the last few months, I have been looking into returning back to the Paralegal profession. Previously, I worked in several law firms as a...

Updated 69 months ago

Some Good News!! - 7 Replies

Visitors to the Indeed paralegal forums take heart; it's not all gloom and doom as most here would have you believe. The Paralegal profession still...

m.a in Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Updated 69 months ago

paralegal for non native English speaker - 1 Reply

Hi, I am thinking of taking a paralegal course in order to get a certification. I want to work as a paralegal. I am Japanese, have a bachelor degree...

Updated 70 months ago

not another newbie - 4 Replies

Hey all. Gotta change careers and considering this (see my bio). I already know what paralegals do, I just need some info on salaries, typical work...

Jane Do Girl in Milton, Florida

Updated 70 months ago

What are some things that paralegals do in the are of probate law? - 1 Reply

What kinds of responsibilities to paralegals working in the field of probate law have???

Jane Do Girl in Milton, Florida

Updated 70 months ago

Paralegals Outrank Lawyers on Best Jobs List - ABA Journal Article - 2 Replies

http://www.abajournal.com/news/paralegals_outrank_lawyers_on_best_jobs_list/ See, it's not as bad as some would have you believe.

Updated 70 months ago

Show me the money... - 5 Replies

What are typical paralegal salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this...

Updated 70 months ago

Is paralegal a woman's job? - 2 Replies

Alright so it appears to me that the paralegal field is dominated by women. How do man fare in this career by comparison? Are they treated like...

Updated 71 months ago

"Different" job opportunities - 3 Replies

Hi, Besides law firms, are there paralegal opportunities in other industries? I am thinking, specifically, of media companies i.e. publishing,...

Jane Do Girl in Cantonment, Florida

Updated 71 months ago

I want to learn LAW. - 3 Replies

I'm currently a Finance major at Florida International University. I will have completed my bachelors within a year. I recently came to a...

Updated 71 months ago

Keep looking or back to school? - 94 Replies

I have a BA degree and a paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program. I have some internship experience. It took me almost 6 months to land my...

Page: « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.