Job Interview Tomorrow - Needs Tips and Moral Support

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

rebeccavaz in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

I am currently enrolled in an ABA-approved Paralegal Bachelor program and have an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice. I have been working for the past 2 years at home as a legal and medical transcriptionist and have prior experience working in legal-related offices, District Court, etc. I have my first interview tomorrow for a part-time legal assistant position. This is the first interview that I have gone on in over 3 years and am so nervous. Any tips or words of wisdom from the seasoned??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Allison in Denver, Colorado

69 months ago

Good luck, Breath & you will do fine. You deserve a good job - don't settle for anything that won't serve you.

Paralegal in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

Don't talk too much. Don't be hyper. Smile. Wear a suit. Relax.
Remember you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you.

69 months ago

The interview went great! The office manager loved me and was impressed with my background and ambition. She was going to present my info and resume to the partners at their shareholder meeting at 12 pm this afternoon and is going to get back to me. Haven't heard anything yet, but I am keeping my fingers crossed!

69 months ago

Thank you for the great feedback. I wrote the letter right away and it will go out in today's mail so they probably won't get it until Friday. Luckily, I boned up on the info that was listed on their website before my interview yesterday, but now that I know which attorney the job is for, I'm going to check into her more thoroughly today. I will keep you posted!

69 months ago

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful tips and feedback. Just wanted to announce that I got the job! WOO HOO! Two days a week to start with plenty of room for advancement, but I couldn't be happier, especially since I'm still in school. It feels so good to know that I'm on my way...

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.