selecting the school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

vg2388 in Santa Rita, Guam

33 months ago

I have a Bachelor's degree in criminal justice and decided to obtain a certificate in paralegal studies. Considering my physical location, an online program is my only option right now.
I did my research and narrowed it down to two schools. The first is Blackstone Career Institute and the second is sponsored by University of Hawaii Honolulu Community College under The Pacific Center for Advanced Technology Training. Both are legitimate schools and prepare to take the test to become a certified paralegal. The curriculum is somewhat similar and the main difference among the two is the cost. Blackstone is about a third of what the university costs. I am not even sure whether I will have the title of the university on the diploma upon completion of the program. Does the title of 'university' vs. 'institution' matter when searching for employment?
Although both schools cover most of the same topics, Blackstone seems to emphasize legal knowledge while the university has also technical courses. I would chose Blackstone considering the positive reviews and price, but the title of university and additional courses of the other program hold me back.
Does anyone have any experience with any of the schools mentioned above? Any advice and suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.