Is shadowing a path a really necessary?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

N. W. in Salt Lake City, Utah

32 months ago

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to shadow a path A because I would like to get a feel of the profession except that around where I live the hospitals I've contacted want a proof that shadowing is a requirement for what I am CURRENTLY studying which isn't the case. I can't seem to bypass this stupid requirement.
Does anybody know of anyone who got accepted by the master's program who hadn't shadowed before?
I'm freaking out.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

josephine in Sacramento, California

32 months ago

hi, i've been in contact with a few current pathA students who got accepted without any shadowing (4-5). i suggest calling individual programs and inquire about it just to make sure. it's really a matter of the privacy laws in the state you live. i personally couldn't find anyone in california who was willing to let me shadow, so i can relate. good luck!

N.W. in Kew Gardens, New York

32 months ago

Thank you for your suggestion! I will certainly do that.
I think it is unfortunate about these privacy law thing because shadowing is an important tool to get to know the profession better.
It gives me hope to know you have met pathA students who didn't shadow.
thanks!

32 months ago

this morning i received an email from tina radar (drexel) for an interview! so there definitely must be some hope for us :)

Nadja W in Salt lake City, Utah

32 months ago

Awesome!! Good luck on your interview! this is so exciting..! I'm not even close to apply, still working on my Bachelor's but i would like to gather as much info as possible before then :]

32 months ago

thank you! yeah, i actually won't get my bachelors til may 2012, so once again, i can relate!

32 months ago

that's cool! So for some reason I thought you would need to have the bachelor's degree completed before applying but it's not the case then? Can you take the GRE test before completing the bachelor's degree? Each day I am learning new things :]
Thanks once again.

32 months ago

you just need to complete your bachelors before the start of the program, not before you start the application process. as for the GRE, that can be taken whenever and is not related at all to your undergraduate career. graduate programs just have a limit to how old a GRE score can be (no more than five years old) to be acceptable.

feel free to email me if you have any more questions! jglspnay@gmail.com

it wasn't too long ago that i was in your shoes and learning everything, so i completely understand :)

32 months ago

Thanks so much Josephine I will emailing you shortly because yes, i do have additional questions!!
thanks a lot!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.