Lab experience?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Mandy8 in Aurora, Colorado

22 months ago

Hi, I've been reading some of these posts since this summer when I decided I wanted to become a Pathology Assistant. I was wondering how much job experience some of the schools look for? I've taken plenty of science classes that have labs with them including an advanced anatomy class with dissection but I was wondering if I should try to get some more experience by working in a chemistry/biology lab or something? I'm also doing a couple days of shadowing during my winter break.
Also, when should I start applying? I'm currently a junior and will be graduating in May 2014, should I consider applying this spring or summer?
One more question, has any one studied abroad? I'm really thinking about doing that Fall 2013, but I was wondering if that would mess up my interviews or application process and if they even accept credits from international universities since most I've looked at don't accept international students. My degree would be from the U.S. and my school accepts those international credits.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.