PA jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Beth in Iowa City, Iowa

31 months ago

I am accepted to a PathA program starting fall of 2012. I am from Iowa, and I'd like to end up back here someday. I know most of the jobs available are posted on the AAPA website, of which I'm not a member yet. Do any current PathA's know how often jobs pop up in Iowa? Just curious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anotherPA in Charlottesville, Virginia

30 months ago

Besides certain hot spots like California and Texas, jobs tend to pop up sporadically in different parts of the country. I have seen postings in Iowa, but they come and go just as often as anywhere else. You can hope that a job will be available there when you come to applying just prior to graduation but I would definitely not say it is a sure thing that either the job will be there or you would get it (you probably won't be the only qualified person interested in any single postion, even if this field). If you run into trouble, you could easily do contract work through an agency until the job you want pops up. These contracts generally last from 12 weeks to 1 year, and tend to have some great benefits associated with them. This way you can gain experience (and money, of course) while waiting for the job you REALLY want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Brunswick, Georgia

30 months ago

Beth in Iowa City, Iowa said: I am accepted to a PathA program starting fall of 2012. I am from Iowa, and I'd like to end up back here someday. I know most of the jobs available are posted on the AAPA website, of which I'm not a member yet. Do any current PathA's know how often jobs pop up in Iowa? Just curious.

Actually- only a handful are on the AAPA web-site.

Beth, if I can be of assistence to you, please write.
I have been a PA for 25 years and would love to share any information
with you.

Michael

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.