Qualifications for getting into Pathology Assistant school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

smitha7 in Columbia, South Carolina

23 months ago

Hello I am very Interested in becoming a Pathologist Assistant. However I am rather nervous about if I would be a good canadite to be accepted into a Pathology Assistant program. I recently got my Masters in Science in Biomedical Sciences and spent the last two years doing research for my thesis. I mainted a 3.48 GPA in Undergrad as well as a 3.9 GPA in graduate school. I recently shadowed a pathologist assistant at a local hosiptal even though it was only for 3 days. The thing I am most worried about is my GRE score. It is beyond horrible and I am embarassed to even mention what I made on the GRE. However I was excepted into Grad school with my Low GRE score. I plan on applying to the Pathologist Assistant programs at the University of Maryland, West Virginia, and Duke. And As I begin to fill out my application I still feel very underqualified. Is there anyone else experianceing this. What are yalls qualifications applying to Pathologist assistant school? Do you think I have a chance of getting accepted?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

annomy in Greenville, South Carolina

23 months ago

If you are that concerned about your GRE scores you should also send your applications to Quinnipiac & Rosalind Franklin. Neither require them and are both good schools. My GRE score sucked as well but i was accepted into Quinnipiac for next yr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

also have you looked at some of the other forums on here, they have things about the different schools and some helpful info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smitha7 in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

23 months ago

annomy in Greenville, South Carolina said: If you are that concerned about your GRE scores you should also send your applications to Quinnipiac & Rosalind Franklin. Neither require them and are both good schools. My GRE score sucked as well but i was accepted into Quinnipiac for next yr.

I was looking at those schools but I really don't want to have to move that far from home!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

haha sorry for late reply. I'm with you on the moving, i have never lived up north but it will be worth it. good luck with your applications and such!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Double Dee in Columbia, South Carolina

17 months ago

Hey. Im looking for a shadowing experience in Columbia SC. Where and who did you shadow?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.