Quinnipiac Application Process/Other programs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 144)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

NMUchic in Marquette, Michigan

62 months ago

Hi, I just submitted my first application to QU for summer 2012 two weeks ago. I was notified about them receiving my application packet but am just waiting for them to receive my two letters of recommendation. I was just curious about after they receive the letters, then my packet will be complete, so when do they start to review it? When will I find out if I get an interview? I was told it's a rolling admission, so was it an advantage that I sent it in so early? I'm also planning on applying to West Virginia, Rosalind Franklin, and Wayne State in the beginning of May. Can anyone give me some helpful advice for any of these schools? :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Emily in Spokane, Washington

60 months ago

I applied to QU during the fall of 2003 but the upcoming class was already full. I was invited for an interview in the spring of 2004 (notified by a letter) and was accepted late summer 2004 to start in the summer 2005 class. don't be surprised if the process takes a year or two. when I graduated, the school received 85 applications for a class of 17, and only half the spots were available. be patient and keep trying; it's definitely worth it!! good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FuturePathAssist in LA, California

57 months ago

NMUchic in Marquette, Michigan said: Hi, I just submitted my first application to QU for summer 2012 two weeks ago. I was notified about them receiving my application packet but am just waiting for them to receive my two letters of recommendation. I was just curious about after they receive the letters, then my packet will be complete, so when do they start to review it? When will I find out if I get an interview? I was told it's a rolling admission, so was it an advantage that I sent it in so early? I'm also planning on applying to West Virginia, Rosalind Franklin, and Wayne State in the beginning of May. Can anyone give me some helpful advice for any of these schools? :)

Hi NMUchic! Here's some application information for WVU program. I turned in my application around mid June and received an interview invitation from them around July. I then interviewed in Aug and received an acceptance notification via phone after two weeks. :) Because WVU was my first choice I didn't bother submitting other applications. If I had to do the entire application process again, I would have definitely applied earlier. WVU and RFU do not require the GRE so if you get a chance do turn in your applications early enough. Good luck! I hope you got in QU! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

NMUchic in Ironwood, Michigan

57 months ago

I am happy to say that I was accepted into QU's program a couple weeks ago! I am sooo excited! Congrats on getting into WVU! :)

NMUchic in Ironwood, Michigan

57 months ago

Hey Paul, when I called the admissions office in March, they told me the earlier you apply the better. Sooo I started getting my things together then sent my application packet out mid April. They notified me they received everything except my letters of recommendation. So a couple weeks after they called, I called the admissions office again to make sure they received them, and then asked when they were going to start looking over applications. They told me they don't start reviewing the first batch of applications until mid summer. Right before the fourth of July I got called to set up an interview, I interviewed on July 21st, then was accepted on August 2nd. At my interview they explained that a majority of the class does come from a wait list from the previous year (10+ students come from the wait list). The way I was explained it, they have a certain number of spots that they fill early (a few first year applicants but mainly people that were wait listed) then they start another round of interviews in October/November fill all the spots except for two, which they keep for people that apply later, since the deadline is December 15th.

People weren't kidding when they said it's a waiting game haha. But it was worth it for me. Sorry I went so into detail, but this will give you a better idea. Hope that helps. Good luck with everything!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kosmo_Not in Hamden, Connecticut

57 months ago

The number of students accepted from the wait list varies greatly. As with all applications acceptance/rejection/wait list depends on each individual application. My class had a small number of wait list candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NMUchic

57 months ago

I was just going from what I was told, and how the acceptance process worked. But I'm sure every year is different.

And you'll have to decide that for yourself haha. Just see what happens and I'm sure when the time comes you'll know what to do!

FuturePathAssist in LA, California

56 months ago

NMUchic in Ironwood, Michigan said: I am happy to say that I was accepted into QU's program a couple weeks ago! I am sooo excited! Congrats on getting into WVU! :)

Yay! Congratulations!!!! It sounded like a very complicated process but it was well worth it!!!! I'm excited for the both of us! :)

HistoGuy in North Branford, Connecticut

55 months ago

Congrats on getting in NMUchic. I look forward to meeting you next summer. Generally the 2nd years hold a cocktail party to introduce themselves to all the incoming first year students. It's just a fun way to welcome you all to the program. If you have any specific questions about the program, (like were to live), feel free to email me.

drvnfast@gmail.com

55 months ago

HistoGuy in North Branford, Connecticut said: Congrats on getting in NMUchic. I look forward to meeting you next summer. Generally the 2nd years hold a cocktail party to introduce themselves to all the incoming first year students. It's just a fun way to welcome you all to the program. If you have any specific questions about the program, (like were to live), feel free to email me.

drvnfast@gmail.com

Thanks HistoGuy!!! I did send you an email, look forward to hearing back from you!

55 months ago

Paul in Rockville Centre, New York said: Hey NMUchic! I was just looking over your past comment about when QU received the app and when you got called for an interview. So you sent it in in April, got the interview in July (a span of 3 months), and then got accepted a week and a half later?

I'm only asking because I sent in my application in August, along with another highly competitive PA application to a different school. I didn't hear from QU yet, but the other college got back to me on Sept. 22nd, and I have an interview on Oct. 14th. Once I go for that interview, I'm hoping that I'll be accepted in 2 weeks time, too! I just can't understand what's wrong with QU's timeline.

Why is that the only college I've read and heard about that has a waitlist issue? Is it an administrative problem maybe? I'm just surprised that being a very competitive applicant, one school decided to jump on me but the other one didn't. Very strange

The way I was explained is that they have two times when they schedule interviews, once during the summer, then once during the fall (October/November). Everything seemed very organized at QU when I interviewed there. I'm not sure why it's a waiting game there, but thats just how it is I guess. I called in June to make sure they recieved everything and asked when interviews were going to start, so you can do that also if you wanted. It wouldn't hurt. Good luck with your interview!

shivd88 in Marlton, New Jersey

55 months ago

Hey guys!

I was wondering if any of the people who've mentioned that they got in for next year would like to share their stats. I've applied to Quinnipiac for next year's cycle and haven't heard from them yet.I'm an ASCP/NYS certified clinical lab technologist in NY with 2+ years full time exp in microbiology/hematology/clinical chemistry labs. Also, my sci gpa is 3.52 and cumulative 3.4

Do I stand any chance? :) all insights are welcomed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kosmo_Not

55 months ago

shivd88 in Marlton, New Jersey said: Hey guys!

I was wondering if any of the people who've mentioned that they got in for next year would like to share their stats. I've applied to Quinnipiac for next year's cycle and haven't heard from them yet.I'm an ASCP/NYS certified clinical lab technologist in NY with 2+ years full time exp in microbiology/hematology/clinical chemistry labs. Also, my sci gpa is 3.52 and cumulative 3.4

That ought to snare you an interview, imo! Did you apply recently or a while back?

55 months ago

shivd88 in Marlton, New Jersey said: Hey guys!

I definitely think you have a chance! Having experience in a lab and being familiar with clinical specimens is a for sure plus. The only other thing I suggest would be to shadow a PA and try to get in and see an autopsy. The more the better :) If you're concerned about them getting your application just give the admissions office a call. I've dealt with both Scott and Kristen and they are both very helpful people. Good luck to you!! Hope this helped :)

shivd88 in Marlton, New Jersey

55 months ago

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Much appreciated!

My application was completed 2 weeks ago(letters of rec,transcripts were all in). I also got an acknowledgement from the secretary. I am trying to get some PA shadowing exp at the lab I work in here in NY. I am quite sure I'll be able to pull in a few hours. I am usually in and out of the surgical pathology unit in my lab so I'm pretty comfortable with the work environment. Just hope Quinnipiac finds me worthy enough! :)

Typically, how many hours should one shadow a PA to be considered a competitive candidate?

Kosmo_Not

55 months ago

shivd88 in Marlton, New Jersey said: Thanks for your thoughts guys. Much appreciated!

My application was completed 2 weeks ago(letters of rec,transcripts were all in). I also got an acknowledgement from the secretary. I am trying to get some PA shadowing exp at the lab I work in here in NY. I am quite sure I'll be able to pull in a few hours. I am usually in and out of the surgical pathology unit in my lab so I'm pretty comfortable with the work environment. Just hope Quinnipiac finds me worthy enough! :)

Typically, how many hours should one shadow a PA to be considered a competitive candidate?

As many hours as you feel are necessary and the PA's are willing to give you. You at least want to see a variety of specimens, resections vs bx, and frozen sections. Watching an autopsy is a big plus (and being able to tell the interviewer a little bit about it, i.e. what evisceration technique was used).

Two weeks is really recent and it sounds like you did all the right things like call up the admissions office. The wait is excruciating (QU was my top choice so I have been there!), but don't worry too much!

54 months ago

Paul in Rockville Centre, New York said: They really need to prioritize their academic affairs in order to avoid their infamous wait-listing fiasco.

You still don't understand the waiting list. If you are put on it, you will be notified that you were placed on the waiting list so that you don't pass up other opportunities.

However, congratulations on the Drexel acceptance! Don't let a little negative experience ruin this great moment ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Albany, New York

54 months ago

Hey Paul, I just received my Drexel acceptance too!
I interviewed at Quinn last week and am suppose to hear back from them by mid November, but definitely not going to miss out on Drexel by waiting to hear from them. Congrats and maybe ill see you in May!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Albany, New York

54 months ago

I have not read up on the documents yet..kind of waiting out to hear on the others schools. Though im pretty sure im going to stick with Drexel. Maryland is unorganized and taking forever to give me any kind of response, and ive been hesitant about Quinn (due to costs) from the beginning.
I hope you dont have to repeat the Hep shots..that would suck.
Anyways, it was nice meeting you! Hopefully we will be able to round up a few more classmates before May :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Ha, Drexel pride. You're previous comments leave me unconvinced.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Liz in Albany, New York said: [...]and ive been hesitant about Quinn (due to costs) from the beginning.

If Qu were the only program that accepted you, would you not attend because of the cost of tuition? In my opinion, if you want to be a PA then the cost shouldn't matter, especially as there are so many financing options. Both are very good programs and you should base your decision on other factors (clinical rotations, facilities, surrounding area, etc) rather than the cost of attendance.
When I was accepted into Drexel, I had a month to decide whether to enroll in their program or not. The QU acceptance came soon after and I obviously matriculated there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

a veteran PA in Boston, Massachusetts

54 months ago

Paul, please be advised that the PA community may seem large, but is actually very small; everyone knows everyone, regardless of which program was attended. Please also be advised that we are professionals, and to "put down all the other PA programs," as you so stated, will not go unnoticed. Congratulations on your acceptance to Drexel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Guy in Middletown, Connecticut

54 months ago

Paul in Rockville Centre, New York said: Well, the acceptance came via e-mail from Drexel University today! Quinnipiac is definitely OUT. Shame on them for taking so long to get back to me. They really need to prioritize their academic affairs in order to avoid their infamous wait-listing fiasco. As a result of this, they lost out on a great student, and I regret ever having paid them a $45 application fee. I wonder if I can get that back since a decision hasn't been made yet. I'll e-mail Patricia Krawec and ask for the money back since a decision hasn't been rendered yet.

Looks like QU dodged a bullet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lulz in Albany, New York

54 months ago

Kosmo_Not in Hamden, Connecticut said: If Qu were the only program that accepted you, would you not attend because of the cost of tuition? In my opinion, if you want to be a PA then the cost shouldn't matter, especially as there are so many financing options. Both are very good programs and you should base your decision on other factors (clinical rotations, facilities, surrounding area, etc) rather than the cost of attendance.
When I was accepted into Drexel, I had a month to decide whether to enroll in their program or not. The QU acceptance came soon after and I obviously matriculated there.

Mommy and Daddy don't pay for everyones schooling. Cost is always a factor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Josephine in Long Beach, California

54 months ago

Paul & Liz,

Many congratulations on your acceptances to Drexel! But before the two of you leave the thread and do your own thing (haha), may I ask how long your personal statements were? I'm in the process of making my final revisions and no length was specified in the application instructions except "short essay form." Also, do you happen to know how many Drexel seats have been filled for the Summer 2012 term as of now? I feel so behind, hoping to mail in my application by the weekend. Thanks!

Josephine

Josephine in Long Beach, California

54 months ago

Thanks Paul! At this point I'm starting to stress out and overanalyze everything but you really eased my worries. I would love to fly out if I happen to score an interview, but I'm also still in school and in the middle of non-stop exams. We'll see, though. I really appreciate your response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Lulz in Albany, New York said: Mommy and Daddy don't pay for everyones schooling. Cost is always a factor.

Perhaps presumptuous...very much the opposite of my situation, actually. Fortunately, we have several strong programs to choose from in our field and there is a lot of money involved with anyone of them. In my experience it is important to weigh all factors. After all, this is a QU application thread so I thought I would point out some of the factors that tend to get lost when staring at the staggering amount of tuition.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Albany, New York

54 months ago

Wow..definitely NOT what I expected for this forum...

@ Kosmo- first of all, no one asked for your opinion. However, I personally have not been able to find a distinguishing factor to help sway my decision, other than cost. The clinicals are plenty and varied. The curriculums are basically replicas of each other..actually, they are replicas of Quinns. The only factor that Quinn does have above the rest is, time. It is the oldest program and all of the other programs have been modeled after it. This being so, in additon to the communication and feedback shared between the programs, I feel confident I will receive a great education no matter where I go.

To put the "economy" card out there- you have to be wise with your financial decisions in these times. After visiting Quinn, I believe the outrageous tuition costs are not to fund my education, but to fund the ridiculously decked out student lounges they have built and are in the process of building. Really?!?! No, thanks. Im good.. :)

I did not come on this forum to have my words picked apart and critized. So, peace out!

Nice meeting you Paul and I'll see you in May..Best PA's EVER!!!!!! :)

Best of luck to you, Josephine!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Josephine in Sacramento, California

54 months ago

Thank you Liz :)

Gmoney! in Valley Stream, New York

54 months ago

I tried to stay out of this discussion for a while, but now is a good time to jump in.

Paul, you talk about Ivy League schools and "Quinnies" being snobby but I just want to point out to you that you come across on this thread as pretentious, self-righteous, and narcissistic . You might not be in person, but that is how you come across on here and I can only imagine how you come across in your application.

Have you considered that admissions and directors have computers as do current students and we share information?

Congrats on getting into Drexel, but here is a bit of advice.

Lose the attitude and sense of entitlement. Nobody in life owes you anything. The sooner you realize that, the more professional you will come across on interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

continuation of my last post:

As a current Quinny student, and someone with a lot more "real world" experience than you and almost any PA student (due to my age), having an MBA, and experience interviewing, hiring, and firing employees, I can tell you that the way you come across on paper and in person can make or break you and first impressions are everything. You probably ruined your chances at getting into the top PA program in the country because of your comments and how you came across in your app, but you did get into a very good program. Use this as a learning experience, because after you graduate from PA school, you will need to interview and compete for jobs with others. And in today's world, employers are not looking for individuals with just lab skills and great GPA, they are looking for well rounded individuals who are going to be professional and dedicated to their job and quality care. You will also have managerial and mentoring opportunities, and for that, you will definitely need to adjust your tone. Nobody wants to learn from a know it all who puts them down anytime they get something wrong.

In closing, keep in mind that our profession is a small one, and you really do not want to burn your bridges before even starting your schooling. 50% of the PAs out there are Quinnipiac grads and I am sure there is only one Paul that will be graduating from Drexel in 2015. Word travels fast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Paul, you have said yours, just let it go. Even in your apologies or attempt to backtrack how you have come across here, you provide little snide remarks.

I am not here to threaten you with anything. Just trying to give you feedback as to how you come across. Like I said, maybe you are different in person. BTW, just because you get accepted somewhere else, or ace a job interview and get a job does not mean that the person making the decision made the right or best decision. Plenty of experts out there who know how to be deceptive on interviews and plenty of incompetent managers who have zero clue how to interview. Not saying that is why you got into Drexel or been hired in the past though. Just making a point.

Paul you want to talk rough? I wont even go there because you have no idea what my background is and what I have had to go through the past 5 years.

I leave on this comment of yours "my few years of experience in the dingy boroughs of NYC completely trumps almost half of your working experience."

That comment, in a nut shell, is what keeps us thinking that deep down inside, this is who you really are. A few years of experience in NYC boroughs trumps mine... and you know this how? You keep resurfacing as that arrogant, pompous, self-righteous Paul. I bet you conceal that very well on interviews, but writing on the internet seems to allow people to lose their inhibitions and become fearless and speak what they really feel.... well, I believe I know who you really are now. I still wish you the best of luck and I do hope you can correct your attitude as you go through the PA program. It sounds like you have the right background and that you are very book smart, but managing your way through a career requires a lot of people skills these days, as a past manager, I urge you to look into those, consider them your weakness and try to improve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Hillsborough, North Carolina

54 months ago

Liz in Albany, New York said: It is the oldest program and all of the other programs have been modeled after it.

Actually Duke is the oldest program :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Good luck fellas..thanks for letting me know I should stop commenting, those that know me know I will not stop no matter what. Besides, this thread is for people that are actually interested in the Quinnipiac process. So maybe we should get the thread back on topic.

For those of you who are still interested in getting into Quinnipiac, understand that there are hundreds of applicants, most of any of the other programs, and only 18 spots. Do not take Paul's route when trying to get in. Submit your application, shadow a PA, view an autopsy. But most important, NETWORK your butt off. Get to know current students, talk to past Quinnipiac grads, and things will take off from there. I believe you can find our director's numbers as well, pick up the phone and call. Make sure to sound excited and interested, not anxious and conceited.

Time to enjoy the weekend..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

K lo in Dayton, Ohio

54 months ago

I was trying not to get drawn in, but that last post really made me mad. Paul, did it ever occur to you that maybe people have taken admissions tests, yet still want to apply for programs that don't require them? Or in my case, I took the MCAT in undergrad. I was able to use it for my application to IUPUI, yet it was expired by the time I put in my applications this fall. If I didn't get in after that go around, I would have studied my butt off and taken the GRE. Luckily I was accepted to WVU, so it wasn't an issue. Perhaps you could try to realize that everyone has a different background, but if we are all applying and being accepted by these programs, then maybe we all are qualified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Durham, North Carolina

54 months ago

Liz in Albany, New York said: Tammy
Really?! lol.you people are ridiculous...get a life. Please. :-)

Liz, it was a friendly correction, please take it in the spirit in which it was written.

Congratulations in getting accepted to Drexel, btw. I can still remember how excited I was when I got accepted to school :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gmoney! in Wolcott, Connecticut

54 months ago

So you say Quinnipiac doesnt have a stringent admission process, yet they somehow were able to not even consider someone with a near 4.0 undergrad GPA with degree in PA for an interview?

You can keep telling yourself the school does not have a prestigious program, but you are only fooling yourself. You'll see when you graduate and have to compete. Plus having to explain why you were terminated from a job is never going to look good on a resume, but I am sure you'll say you resigned. Unfortunately the truth is here on indeed for anyone to see.

Please Paul, just move on. This thread is for those interested in the Quinnipiac admission process. Please let them at least find good info about that here. An applicant putting down a university because he was not accepted to it does nothing to hurt that university's reputation, it just strengthens the university's case for not accepting that applicant in the first place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonmy in Taylors, South Carolina

53 months ago

So, I have an interview in Jan at Quin, for the May 2013 starting class. They have already filled this coming class. So want to interview me for next yr. is it a good sign they are interviewing me this early?
Also, any pointers about anything regarding the school?
Thanks!
Please only apply if your actually giving helpful advice, and not dishing the fact that its for next rotation

HistoGuy in Middletown, Connecticut

53 months ago

anonmy in Taylors, South Carolina said: So, I have an interview in Jan at Quin, for the May 2013 starting class. They have already filled this coming class. So want to interview me for next yr. is it a good sign they are interviewing me this early?
Thanks!
Please only apply if your actually giving helpful advice, and not dishing the fact that its for next rotation

Congrats on your interview. Yes, of course it's a good sign! You've cleared the first hurdle by getting "the call. "Show up on time, be yourself, ask questions. You'll be fine.

Leana in Melbourne, Australia

53 months ago

"You probably ruined your chances at getting into the top PA program in the country because of your comments and how you came across in your app, but you did get into a very good program."

I highly doubt that. How I "came across" in my app was nothing but great, and my personal statements were nothing at all like what I write in this thread. Also, there is no such thing as "the top PA program in the country."

"50% of the PAs out there are Quinnipiac grads and I am sure there is only one Paul that will be graduating from Drexel in 2015."

I think you're skewing the numbers, and what difference would that make to me anyway? You seem to be very adept at dishing out idle threats, and that won't be tolerated.

Paul,

You should be listening to the folks on here telling you that you are coming across unprofessional.

Not only are you giving "Paul from Drexel 2015" a bad reputation, you're giving Drexel itself a bad reputation. You started the forum off by stamping your foot, demanding how a school could *possibly* wait list you with all your GPA goodness and the like, followed by threatening a law suit, followed again by a detailed list of your doctor's appointments.

Your attitude will get very old very fast in respect to your fellow classmates, co-workers and employers.

I am currently a medical student considering changing to the Path-A route simply due to time, flexibility and lifestyle. I have a lot of questions to ask Jim (at Drexel) when I speak with him this week - regarding autonomy, level of challenge and ability to move laterally within the profession. I've developed a pros and cons list about this decision, I've just had to add "Paul at Drexel" to the cons - a very, very minor one, but still a con.

Leana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Someone who cares in Elsternwick, Australia

53 months ago

Paul,

Congratulations on your acceptance into Drexel, and I wish you the best of luck with your classes. As one of your fellow countrymen pointed out, the PA community is rather small - and this forum is not just looked at by prospective students. Employers, both within and outside the US, exert a great deal of effort when it comes to selecting candidates for short-listing. They may even employ someone to jump onto a computer and do a background check to get a sense of someone's personality and ability to interact with others. Preliminary online investigations are a much faster, cheaper and more convenient method of halving a stack of applications. Flying a qualified HR rep out (whether it be interstate or overseas) to interview every prospective employee that submits an application for a job is time-consuming, resource-intensive and very expensive. Employers place much more emphasis on the ability of their employees to relate with their co-workers than they do their GPAs - all of our interviewers are qualified psychologists, not pathologists. Skills are learned, personality is not, and training is a lot less expensive than the cost of workplace conflict and harassment.

I guess my advice is this - take it as you will, but it's coming from someone with experience, and I offer it freely and with the best of intentions. You're posting on a forum that can be (and is) viewed freely by interested parties globally, and when employers get a recruitment team to perform background checks, that team will be looking for any reason to quickly knock the number of suitable candidates down to a manageable number in order to progress the remaining applications to the next stage.

Again, congratulations on your acceptance into an excellent program. I hope you make the most of your opportunities (and stop shooting yourself in the foot) in the coming years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The Todd in Canberra, Australia

53 months ago

Paul's gone viral!!!

To all you prospective QU Path-As, get in early with your applications, get as much relevant work experience or shadowing as you can, take a trip to the uni and bang on some doors and make yourself known, get in touch with graduates... Do whatever it takes. I can't emphasise enough how important it is to not just be another unknown applicant. Make them remember you. And if you've already got the call for an interview, do all this anyway! It'll set you up wonderfully for the interview. Have some patience and fight for what you want. And good luck!!!

hrmmm in Baldwin Park, California

52 months ago

i've been interested in PathA for a while now, and so of course i did many google searches online to try to find some more information on this field...
i just want to say how uninformative i found this thread mainly because of all the bickering on here (and how annoyed i was by all the posts made by paul).

i just think it's funny .. because i found a blog written by a future PA student named dave that is going to go to Drexel.. and he sounds JUST as snobby as paul. To further convince me that the blog belongs to "paul"... he had a recent blog post about how ppl on online has been talking smack about him in a PathA forum.

so it is true that the PathA field is very small..

Anteeky in Malverne, New York

52 months ago

can you people just give it up already? David hasn't posted anything in this forum for awhile now, and you guys still give him smack. theres no reason at all for this! to be honest, the guy is right on a lot of things, and I enjoy his blog a lot. I especially like one of the quotes he put on his blog because it says a lot about you people on this forum..

"As these gentlemen have chosen to emulate those asses which, when they are hungry, bray in unison, I have been obliged to strike out indiscriminately against them all, in order to still the racket. This, then, is what compels me to lift them for a moment, by their ears, from the slough wherein they lay expiring, so that the public may recognize them by the seal of shame upon their foreheads; after which, having rendered this service to humanity, I boot them both back into the foul sewer wherein their baseness and degradation will keep them wallowing forever."

awesome

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Yoop88 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

52 months ago

Hey all,

I just happened to stumble across this website and noticed quite a few people mentioning about future classes at QU. I was just recently accepted for the Summer 2013 semester, is anyone else here attending then? It'd be great to get in touch with people even though it's a long way off. It's all just exciting :)

52 months ago

Hi! I have an interview for the Summer 2013 class in two weeks. Did you enjoy your time there? and the interviewing process? How long after your interview did you receive your acceptance? & Congrats!

52 months ago

anonmy in Taylors, South Carolina said: So, I have an interview in Jan at Quin, for the May 2013 starting class. They have already filled this coming class. So want to interview me for next yr. is it a good sign they are interviewing me this early?
Thanks!

I was interviewed in december for the summer 2013, and was notififed of my acceptance a few weeks ago! GOOD LUCK to you! it's a great sign!!

52 months ago

anonmy in Taylors, South Carolina said: Hi! I have an interview for the Summer 2013 class in two weeks. Did you enjoy your time there? and the interviewing process? How long after your interview did you receive your acceptance? & Congrats!

My time there was amazing, I wish I could just start already!! It's a beautiful place, and everyone is so helpful and friendly.

My first portion took place with the program coordinator Leo at the VA hospital, he's a very laid back person who eases any nerves you may have. They start you off with a history of the profession and their program at QU. I'm proud to say that I'll attend their university soon!

Then I was given the opportunity to meet with a few students in the program and ask any questions I had. I asked what was good and what was bad.. etc..
Then finally back with the coordinator who simply asked me how i heard of them, why I wanted to be a path assistant and what kind of experience I had. Very basic..

52 months ago

anonmy in Taylors, South Carolina said: Hi! I have an interview for the Summer 2013 class in two weeks. Did you enjoy your time there? and the interviewing process? How long after your interview did you receive your acceptance? & Congrats!

Then it was off to the graduate admissions office where they talked finances and such followed by a tour of campus and then a meeting with the program director who gives a very short talk. He did mention that he strongly values academics so if you have a good GPA I'm sure they noticed.

Did you know that we'd be the first class to use the new medical school facility??

I am SOO glad that I chose to apply to QU, they strive to make sure the people they accept are well informed on everything from the history of the profession, how the program works, and the costs.

Also, I interviewed on Dec 15 and heard back Dec 28.. They say they know before you leave their presence if they want you or not. The woman that sends out the letters was only in the office Dec 15-16 before their Christmas break so they are definitely not slackers when it comes to acting on decisions/applications.

Please don't read all of the negative things posted about QU, we're lucky to be given the opportunity to attend!

52 months ago

Thanks so much for all of the information. I spoke with Mr. Kelly and he was great to talk with and am really looking forward to meeting him and everyone else.
And I am very excited to be visiting the campus, I have heard it is really nice and beautiful. Thanks so much! If i get in i'll be sure to let you know! & congrats, its a very big accomplishment!

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.