Waitlisted at Drexel 2012

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Matt in Norristown, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

Hey everyone!

My name is Matt, and I was just unfortunately put on the waitlist for 2012. Is there anyone out there that can help a scientist who has experience at UPENN in surgical pathology? Any advice is welcome! Thanks everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josephine in Sacramento, California

29 months ago

Hey Matt, I was also waitlisted at Drexel (sarcastic high five!). Better luck for us next year, eh? Wish I had advice to offer, but just had to respond to your post because it's nice to bump into someone that's in the same boat as me.

29 months ago

Josephine in Sacramento, California said: Hey Matt, I was also waitlisted at Drexel (sarcastic high five!). Better luck for us next year, eh? Wish I had advice to offer, but just had to respond to your post because it's nice to bump into someone that's in the same boat as me.

Hey Josephine, when did you find out? Also, did you interview and/or find out why you were waitlisted?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Josephine in Sacramento, California said: Hey Matt, I was also waitlisted at Drexel (sarcastic high five!). Better luck for us next year, eh? Wish I had advice to offer, but just had to respond to your post because it's nice to bump into someone that's in the same boat as me.

Hey Josephine, when did you hear? I just found out today. Did you interview? I wish I was given a reason why I was waitlisted!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Josephine in Sacramento, California

29 months ago

Hey Matt, I received the email this past Friday. Yes I had a phone interview with James Moore in November. I emailed James and Tina and asked for feedback on ways to improve my application for the future. I got a response from Susan Romano instead. She said I was #5 of 16 on the waitlist and suggested I gain further exposure in the lab (I only had two shadow days) and try to get a rec letter from a PA. She also mentioned a West Coast program they're working to open in Sacramento, but there's no set dates for that yet. She did emphasize that I was still a good candidate, but she was probably trying to be nice. I'm sure you'll have your questions answered if you just e-mail them, go for it :)

here's my email in case you had more questions: jglspnay@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Thanks for the info! I never thought they would of told you what number you are on the waitlist. Out of 16?! Ugh! I am going to email them to find out where I stand. Keep me posted! You can email me at matthew_lepera@yahoo.com if you like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anotherPA in Charlottesville, Virginia

29 months ago

Hey guys,

I am a Drexel graduate and, just so you know (but not to get your hopes up) in my class somewhere around 4-6 students got in after being waitlisted initially. If you are higher up on the list, be patient, good things may happen!

29 months ago

Hi anotherPA,

I was wondering what type of experience you had prior to your acceptance to Drexel? The reason I ask is because I have surgical an autopsy pathology experience through my previous work at UPENN, and I rank pretty damn low on that waiting list! Furthermore, I recently took a course (and got an A) at their instruction to satisfy a prerequisite.

me in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

I didn't apply to Drexel, but I am also waitlisted to the schools I applied to. This really is a bummer. But there is still a chance for us all!! If we don't get in this year, there is always next year!!

Cheers.

FS in Lynbrook, New York

13 months ago

I sincerely hope that none of you attended Drexel. The program co-directors are simply awful people. You really have to see what they write about their students!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.