care coordinator job description

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

elenorea smithe in Moretown, Vermont

87 months ago

There are many types of CC jobs and the ones I'm interested in are "patient" CC. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rnbeck in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

76 months ago

what is a detailed job description of a pcc(cc)? what training/education is needed for this position? and once training is complete, what facilities would one apply to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

beth in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

If you are talking about a patient care coordinator in, for instance, the cosmetic plastic surgery field, then training and education reqs vary. Typically you should have at least a college degree, dress impeccably, keep up with current hair and makeup, and have some upscale retail experience. Most offices will train the right candidate.

A job description would depend on the size of the office. The main focus of the job is sales, public relations, and "style stepping" (finding things in common with the patient that you are clsing, to make that "connection".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

emily in Corpus Christi, Texas

62 months ago

beth in Houston, Texas said: If you are talking about a patient care coordinator in, for instance, the cosmetic plastic surgery field, then training and education reqs vary. Typically you should have at least a college degree, dress impeccably, keep up with current hair and makeup, and have some upscale retail experience. Most offices will train the right candidate.

A job description would depend on the size of the office. The main focus of the job is sales, public relations, and "style stepping" (finding things in common with the patient that you are clsing, to make that "connection".

Hi Beth in Houston! I'm going to be moving to Houston very shortly and was searching for Patient Care Coordinator jobs for plastic surgeons and came across this message board. I wanted to see if I could contact you and see if you have any contacts for plastic surgeons that might be looking to hire a Patient Care Coordinator. I would love to be able to speak with you because this is a DREAM position for me! Anyways, I appreciate any help you can give. THANKS!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.